Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Kalman posted:

If there's something in the spec that tells us what about three feet means, then we know what it means. If not, the claim is invalid as indefinite. (Amgen v Chugai, 927 f2d 1200.)

E: based on a quick look at the spec, which only says "35 inches plus or minus enough not to change the perspective" I'd say there's a reasonable invalidity argument.
"There's a reasonable invalidity argument" doesn't change the fact that the patent now exists and is presumed to be valid, and that argument will now have to wait to be pursued by expensive patent attorneys hired by whatever yoga streaming company Yogaglo decides to sue first on this bullshit.

EDIT: Or I guess some other yoga streaming companies could kickstart a reexam :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Paul MaudDib posted:

That's kind of like saying that a claim that involves driving a car at "about 47 miles per hour" wouldn't cover driving a car at 45 miles an hour or 50 miles per hour because at those settings the high-speed/low-speed jets in the carb are injecting different amounts of fuel and that means the car is operating differently. :iiaca:
A claim that involves driving a car at "about 47 miles per hour" would be invalid for indefiniteness absent some guidance in the specification or prosecution history as to what sort of +/- range "about" meant.

• Locked thread