Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay level with me folks, the manager at the Subway down the street said there is an episode where Rick gets switched with another Rick at some point and that Rick lives in the house for a while and then randomly during a later episode the original Rick suddenly shows back up kills that Rick and resumes living in the house as if nothing happened. I don't remember ever seeing this episode and I'm trying to figure this out. I think he's full of poo poo. Anyone know what he's talking about?

I dont' think there's been anything nearly that clear. The thing is that most Ricks (other than like, the high council ricks) look exactly the same, so when we see a Rick during the show opening or post-credits sequence we don't really know if its C-137 or not. We assume until shown otherwise.

You can use that to come up with all kinds of :tinfoil: theories but I don't think there's anything concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

It sounds like he's combining a few episodes together in his Subway-addled mind, Rick Potion No. 9 and the Council of Ricks episode where a Rick gets murdered at the breakfast table by Robo-Rick during the teaser.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay level with me folks, the manager at the Subway down the street said there is an episode where Rick gets switched with another Rick at some point and that Rick lives in the house for a while and then randomly during a later episode the original Rick suddenly shows back up kills that Rick and resumes living in the house as if nothing happened. I don't remember ever seeing this episode and I'm trying to figure this out. I think he's full of poo poo. Anyone know what he's talking about?

He's thinking of the beginning of S1E10, Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzX8UP2oXBI
(awful quality, sorry)

The episode is about an evil Rick going around to the different dimensions and murdering Ricks while framing "our" Rick. He's seen here murdering a Rick, but after the intro you realize that it wasn't our Rick that was murdered.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

No, it's just from that stupid Comic Con video where Roiland reads some trial transcript as Morty and Rick.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Paladinus posted:

No, it's just from that stupid Comic Con video where Roiland reads some trial transcript as Morty and Rick.

What video? Can you post it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Skunkrocker posted:

It's not 1994, people can fact-check lies like this today.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

cheerfullydrab posted:

Uhh, gonna need to see some proof that its not 1994...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I bought that box filled with swag. Hope I get an autograph or something/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm glad I stumbled across this show. I think I've been all the way through Season 2 at this point and lucked into [as] running Season 1 episodes in order, so there are only a couple I haven't seen.

Raising Gazorpazorp was on last night and it feels like one of the better episodes. It's one fun reference after another.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God dammit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm glad I stumbled across this show. I think I've been all the way through Season 2 at this point and lucked into [as] running Season 1 episodes in order, so there are only a couple I haven't seen.

Raising Gazorpazorp was on last night and it feels like one of the better episodes. It's one fun reference after another.

The show is such a delight that I think Raising Gazorpazorp is one of the worst episodes.

Real solid. Hope it doesn't get a Venture Bros pace of releasing new seasons.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Met posted:

It's funny, I always joke about the ridiculous VB release schedule too but I also don't think I've been worried about it's existence for the past 7 years or so. It feels firmly cemented into the network. I'm totally cool with it coming out every 2+ years as long as Adult Swim keeps it going. The support and fandom behind R&M seems just about as strong, so I feel pretty confident that we'll keep getting it until Dan or Justin feels they've hit the end. And luckily they seem to be willing to actually have other people involved in the creation process.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Met posted:

The show is such a delight that I think Raising Gazorpazorp is one of the worst episodes.

"Do you want it done fast, or do you want it done right?" --Hank Hill

(At least, I seem to remember his saying that. Something like that.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Skunkrocker posted:

No, that has not happened on the show at this point in time.

It sounds like it could be pretty funny and clever if it's done right so it might happen on the show eventually, but not yet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cheerfullydrab posted:

This makes me angry because it reminds me of the day I came home from work and my roommate told me I missed a new episode of The Tick cartoon where there was a character named Wolf Toes who was like Wolverine but with toe blades and I was angry for years until Wikipedia was invented and then i became even angrier because my roommate wasn't smart enough to do something like that so I then began to wonder if it was a dream.

Now R&M has taught me that episode exists somewhere in an alternate universe.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
R&M is the only TV show I've ever re-watched, and it's better every time.

I watched Total Rickall twice in a row even.

Also loved that at Blitz and Chitz, there's a Mr Meeseeks helping a guy beat the high score of an arcade game.

Also I love the part where Rick stares at the camera and says I'm Mister Bulldops

Anyway, these were some things I said.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I didn't even realize there were post-credits sequences to R&M at first, and I was burning through S1 hard since I didn't find out about it until after it all aired.

As soon as the credits hit, I'd click next episode! Show so good I wanted more.

Then one day I guess I left it playing and saw a sequence I'd never seen before, and my mind was seriously blown.

I think the best is the bonus DMX ending. Its just so perfect.

And is the guy who is picking on a kid supposed to be Randall from the cartoon Recess? Definitely reminds me of him, but its not exact, but he's older. There's other people on the internet who have had the same idea but it could go either way.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Dan Harmon was apparently brought on board to write the reshoots for 'Doctor Strange'.

Sample Dialogue posted:

Strange: “belch..w-we’ve gotta find the Crimsons Bands of C-Cytorak, Wong.”

Wong (whiny voice): “but Doc, what about all of the people being killed by the Mindless Ones down there?”

Strange (rolls eyes): “Yeah, you go help those few people while th-the entire Universe collapses in on itself, Wong. Y-You be the one that ends all of existence and 3892 trillion civilizations. Way to think ahead, Wong. Or should I say Wrong?”

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Early Stephen Strange and Rick would probably get along, although less so once he becomes Sorcerer Supreme and gets his poo poo together.

I'd love to see an episode of R&M where the whole episode took place in another universe where Rick was a wizard instead of a scientist :allears:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I just want an episode where Morty channels Popsicle Pete.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I want more episodes in general.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Justin Roiland is co-founding a VR-focused video game company, for some reason.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dude likes VR a lot, so it's not surprising.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This guy's taking Roy off the grid!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I hereby motion that any activity involving VR or AR games be forever more be called "squanching".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hes been talking about vr forever, and basically used his tv show clout to get a beta version of the Vive, now he also goes on and on about how cool it is. He said he has a bunch of simple dumb game ideas, I wouldn't put it past him to make a R-rated TEEN+ super mario party kind of game.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 25, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bring back old gbs posted:

Hes been talking about vr forever, and basically used his tv show clout to get a beta version of the Vive, now he also goes on and on about how cool it is. He said he has a bunch of simple dumb game ideas, I wouldn't put it past him to make a R-rated TEEN+ super mario party kind of game.

Dan Harmon talked about it on his podcast once. He put on goggles and made soup. He was really thrilled.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Managed to get a full 5 players in the Total Rickall card game. The game was fun with just 2, but it's absolute chaos with a full board of 10 characters. Still haven't gotten the chance to play advanced mode where one or more of the players can be parasites, but it's a great party game for a relatively simple premise.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

sticklefifer posted:

Managed to get a full 5 players in the Total Rickall card game. The game was fun with just 2, but it's absolute chaos with a full board of 10 characters. Still haven't gotten the chance to play advanced mode where one or more of the players can be parasites, but it's a great party game for a relatively simple premise.

Thank you for telling me that this exists. I now own it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

This guy's taking Roy off the grid!

HAHAHAH YES !!! You win TV IV today.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Today's Teefury shirt is pretty cool

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thank you for telling me that this exists. I now own it.

Same.

I was like, "I wanna play that game," and Mr. Meeseeks was like, "Ca-aaaaan do! Look at me, ordering it on Amazon with your credit card," and I was all, "Yussss!"

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Yeah, it's a pretty good game that even non-Rick and Morty fans I've played with find fun.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I hereby motion that any activity involving VR or AR games be forever more be called "squanching".

I don't think I could handle squanching in Subnautica.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rocksicles posted:

HAHAHAH YES !!! You win TV IV today.

That's the way the news goes!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I ordered that giant box from Zen Monkey which has the game in it. Haven't gotten it yet. They're having issues I believe.

It's cool though, I've ordered from them before and it went without a hitch.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

He's already working on a Rick & Morty themed version of Job Simulator, which is one of the best current VR games by a mile.

I can't loving wait. They said its just gonna be Rick Simulator where you're standing in his garage messing with all his toys and stuff. :allears: There's going to be so many hidden easter eggs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

lifts cats over head posted:

Yeah, it's a pretty good game that even non-Rick and Morty fans I've played with find fun.

I typically show people the episode beforehand if they haven't seen it (with the added explanation that Mr. Poopybutthole has never been in a prior episode), both to give them an idea of the series and to give them the full context of the game.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcdeoVFZW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lol why

• Locked thread