Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Last Chance posted:

My favorite part is when in true Harmonian-fashion, Dan takes a moment during his letter to a child to call the director and producer (Steven Spielberg) hacks and morons, respectively.

That whole story was fantastic, but yes, this was the best part. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You're building a monster house to compromise!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Guess I'll take that as a "don't watch it"

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

classic yospos ownage for the win

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That gif is loving horrifying.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
On the subject of horrifying, Dan Harmon got married yesterday and this happened.

She's singing "I'll stand by you".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shadok posted:

On the subject of horrifying, Dan Harmon got married yesterday and this happened.

shoulda sang Let Forever Be

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

shadok posted:

I listen to the Harmontown podcast and I think it was in the last few weeks that they had to spend a week away from each other just because things were getting too intense/argumentative. They both seem like pretty cool people; I hope it goes well. :ohdear:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Dr_Amazing posted:

Guess I'll take that as a "don't watch it"

Actually, no, Monster House is very much worth watching.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I listen to the Harmontown podcast

I do too, and I'm kind of perturbed that Jeff Davis - who was supposed to officiate - wasn't at the wedding.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

He's been on tour with who's line is it anyway. Dude has to make a buck. If it's any consolation, his girlfriend was one of the bridesmaids.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ex-girlfriend.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

shadok posted:

Ex-girlfriend.

They broke up?

Also Duncan trussell was supposed to officiate

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toxxupation posted:

They broke up?

Also Duncan trussell was supposed to officiate

As far as I know, they did.

I could have sworn that Dan asked Jeff to perform the ceremony on an episode of Harmontown, but I could be misremembering. Or, of course, it could just have been a bit.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

shadok posted:

Yet another link between Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

shadok posted:

Nah this owns.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

shadok posted:

Is that at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Red Queen posted:

Is that at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles?

Yeah. They also had actor/puppeteers in dinosaur suits wandering around the wedding, which seems to be part of the wedding package they do.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gently caress, any of you wanna get married at the tarpits?

Monagle
May 7, 2007
Wonka Wash spelled backwards.
The real question is was levar burton actually there?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_better_than_you/all-the-reasons-why-dan-harmon-wins-for-best-wedding-of-all-time.php

No confirmation of Levar Burton yet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's some creepy poo poo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm just glad their love is keeping us free, for now.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's insanely epic that a month ago Dan and Justin were trying to argue that they couldn't afford to pay their animators healthcare and using shell corporations to skirt labor laws and now Dan is throwing an extravagant wedding and renting out an entire museum.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dan Harmon has other things he does for money then Rick and Morty, you know.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't remember Dan even having anything to do with that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I HATE Dan Harmon!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, seriously, he doesn't feed them all like a momma bird (person) out of his own mouth. lovely pay and no health care is kind of the standard here in america, more so for any non union jobs.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

And that whole situation wasn't even a situation apparently. Some website drummed up drama and people fell for it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You can snag a Rick and Morty shirt at Hot Topic now, so says facebook.

Insert It's Happening gif here now.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LMAO she named her daughter Salinger.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
Jerry's Game just came out on the App Store.

I just spent 30 minutes popping about 12,000 balloons. :dance:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pappyland posted:

Jerry's Game just came out on the App Store.

I just spent 30 minutes popping about 12,000 balloons. :dance:

Could you give a mini-review?

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

Could you give a mini-review?

There are balloons on the screen that you pop by tapping on them as you wait for the sweet and inevitable release of death.

So, I'd rank it as 'way above average' against most freemium games.

EDIT:

Also, it plays Human Music™.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

And now, courtesy of some guy on Soundcloud, Justin Roitland's Interstellar.

(No, it's not actually Roitland's voice, but that is a pretty good Rick.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In all seriousness, "Jerry's Game" is one of the few video games that could be classified as legitimate art.

My favourite part is to unlock the auto-tap you spend 1,000 balloons. To activate it costs a further 1,000 balloons. It then pops something like 20 balloons before running out.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

TontoCorazon posted:

And that whole situation wasn't even a situation apparently. Some website drummed up drama and people fell for it.

No it was a thing. Season 2 is now a union job, and there was quite a bit of struggle to get that to happen, with threats of walkouts and stoppages, etc. I mean, I don't know if it ever got as bad as what Titmouse has done before (laid off employees, asked them to work for free until maybe they can get hired again, and blacklisting the people who didn't work for free), but there were some unhappy people working on the production, particularly because many of the writers didn't realize that if you create a whole new planet, you have a shitload of character and layout designs that you're never using again, meaning lots of overtime...

As for shell corporations, that's TM again who created a shell comp to sign the union contract so they could receive work from Dreamworks/Disney, and then subcontract themselves so there are no real Union benefits. I don't think Starburns/Roiland's outfit did that, but who knows. Even then, like Bob's Burgers, a lot of the animation work itself is done by Bardel in Canada.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
How on earth do people still the the solution to a problem like that is for the boss to pay employees out of their own pocket? That's the most naive view of how a business works. Like idiots who were all "Why does Double Fine need to do a Kickstarter, they're a game company they should just make a game." That's not how media is financed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Unmature posted:

How on earth do people still the the solution to a problem like that is for the boss to pay employees out of their own pocket? That's the most naive view of how a business works. Like idiots who were all "Why does Double Fine need to do a Kickstarter, they're a game company they should just make a game." That's not how media is financed.

Well yeah, personal out-of-pocket finances going into a production like this is a bad idea and isn't the solution to this kind of issue, but underpaying the people who do a lot of the labor on the show is not that great either. The network or the financiers should probably give these shows a better budget considering the demands of quality and production turnaround.

• Locked thread