Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Slightly Absurd posted:

Huh, I figured they were trying to dodge copyrights or something, like when you find youtubes with slightly distorted audio or video

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just this. People do all kinds of awful poo poo to their uploads for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

XboxPants posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just this. People do all kinds of awful poo poo to their uploads for this reason.

When you click through to youtube it's not red/blue. Wouldn't that set off the copyrights then? It's not like they mirrored the native video or slowed it down by .25 or something.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Slightly Absurd posted:

Huh, I figured they were trying to dodge copyrights or something, like when you find youtubes with slightly distorted audio or video

So is flipping the image horizontally no longer working?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Krinkle posted:

When you click through to youtube it's not red/blue. Wouldn't that set off the copyrights then? It's not like they mirrored the native video or slowed it down by .25 or something.

Oh, weird. Yeah, they're fine on youtube but they're definitely super hosed on the embed.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The embed and everything looks fine to me, not seeing any of that red/blue stuff. Whatever it is, it's an inconsistent technical issue.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
YouTube is the absolute king of loving up feature roll-outs, and I really can't figure out why. I swear they fuckup embeds in a bad way at least once a year, for a noticeable amount of time.

Also anyone who used those embeds to link to YouTube-proper should be ashamed, because you probably provided positive metrics for someone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have a problem with YouTube that comes and goes where I don't get any audio until the buffer bar fills up. It's so annoying.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I have a problem with Youtube where when I'm watching a playlist, it won't automatically play the next video when it's fullscreen, and won't even move to the next video when I hit the arrow button, but it will when it's not fullscreen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pakled posted:

I have a problem with Youtube where when I'm watching a playlist, it won't automatically play the next video when it's fullscreen, and won't even move to the next video when I hit the arrow button, but it will when it's not fullscreen.

I either get that or it's something like it won't advance if it's not the active tab (and I'm just listening to music stuff).

Unmature
May 9, 2008
So in the non-Cronenberg (read: current) world, did Beth sleep with the other surgeon? He turned just as he was making an advance on her.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Don't think about it!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Unmature posted:

So in the non-Cronenberg (read: current) world, did Beth sleep with the other surgeon? He turned just as he was making an advance on her.

Probably. Now you get to look at her resentment towards her husband (and ultimate reconciliation) in the dimensional tv episode in a whole new light.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
The new universe still had the genetic disaster, it's just that their Rick was able to fix everything. Then die in the garage.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

StalkofWheat posted:

The new universe still had the genetic disaster, it's just that their Rick was able to fix everything. Then die in the garage.

A-ha. Good point.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

SA-Mart Exclusive!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

AxeManiac posted:

SA-Mart Exclusive!

Rick should have a removable (maybe velcro?) green smudge for just under his lip. I don't care for that feature, but you gotta satisfy the purists.

These are awesome.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this show was like a microcosm of community in a single season. some of the funniest stuff ive seen right next to some horribly lazy this never needed to be made garbage. who knows where season 2 will go but hopefully its more of the former than the latter, man dan harmon is all over the place.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

this show was like a microcosm of community in a single season. some of the funniest stuff ive seen right next to some horribly lazy this never needed to be made garbage. who knows where season 2 will go but hopefully its more of the former than the latter, man dan harmon is all over the place.

He is an autistic drug addict who alienates everyone near him.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
When I first saw bits of this show I wasn't that interested, because the character design for the main family is so simplistic. But everything in 'otherwordly' places is so beautifully illustrated, it serves as an interesting contrast between the mundane and exotic.

"She had a puffy vagina"
"SO? Whats so bad about that?!"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Jack Gladney posted:

He is an autistic drug addict who alienates everyone near him.

He gooned too close to the sun and survived.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Panfilo posted:

"She had a puffy vagina"

I love this joke because I honestly can't figure out what would be so bad about a puffy vagina. Like, what does that even mean?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love this joke because I honestly can't figure out what would be so bad about a puffy vagina. Like, what does that even mean?

It's less stream-lined and aerodynamic, so your thrusts can't get up to full speed.

Really though, the joke is just one of those things that's funny because it's so innocuous, like, 'her smile's crooked', or 'her hair's too short', also the fact that Rick somehow knows what her vagina looks like.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wasn't the line originally something else? And it got lost in translation or misheard/read

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Doesn't puffy vagina just mean that she is prone to vaginal flatulence? It's harmless but can really kill the mood so Rick was right to warn Morty about it. :haw:

Unibrow
May 12, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Wasn't the line originally something else? And it got lost in translation or misheard/read?

I remember reading somewhere that Dan or Justin couldn't figure out a quirky turn-off by the time they needed to finish the script, so they just threw in something ridiculous with the plan to replace it with a better one when they started recording. Either they forgot, figured it was good enough, or were too lazy to care. Probably a mix of all three.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I think it was in the director/cast commentary where they said that they didn't know what to put there that would be funny, so they put something in that they were sure wouldn't make it past the editorial review, because apparently that's what you do when you have deadlines- the review guys just send it back and say "okay change this line, too vulgar." However, the Adult Swim people approved it and so it never went back to reshooting, so that's how we all know about puffy vaginas.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

knowing AS they could probably remaster Doc and Mharti as an R&M episode and get it approved

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope that's the series finale.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'd like to hope R&M gets a few seasons in before going Family Guy on us

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Eight-Six posted:

I think it was in the director/cast commentary where they said that they didn't know what to put there that would be funny, so they put something in that they were sure wouldn't make it past the editorial review, because apparently that's what you do when you have deadlines- the review guys just send it back and say "okay change this line, too vulgar." However, the Adult Swim people approved it and so it never went back to reshooting, so that's how we all know about puffy vaginas.

Yeah this is it. There's a handful of occasions in the commentary where they mention lines that only exist because someone assumed that "there's no way Dan/Justin/Standards is going to let this through without a rewrite". Some of the quirks of the show seem to come from leaning on other people to be a filter.

Wubba-Luba-dub-dub was originally a Curly/Zoidberg sound written phonetically that changed multiple times as the script went back and forth until Justin changed it again as he recorded it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Those hands don't make any sense.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

I'm not seeing a wedding band 0/10

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

Those hands don't make any sense.

I don't see how it relates to Rick and Morty. All I'm seeing is Sand-GOATSE.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

johntfs posted:

I don't see how it relates to Rick and Morty. All I'm seeing is Sand-GOATSE.

Panfilo posted:

"She had a puffy vagina"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did anyone manage to go to RTX in Austin? There was a preview there apparently

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Just saw the episode with the infinite channels, and it sounds like they are improvising the whole bit. Like two guys got drunk and made fake movie trailer announcements.

Also nice detail with Jerry having a syringe hanging out of his chest. I assume he was resuscitated after using too much cocaine.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
They said in the episode that it was improvised :v:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MrL_JaKiri posted:

They said in the episode that it was improvised :v:

Guess I missed that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU