Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I actually prefer how they wrote Morty in this episode. Otherwise he's just a more panicky version of Fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Nice ending, but couldn't they have just gone to an AU where the cure worked and everyone lived, and just took the cure back with them?

Rick would probably deem that to be pointless busywork when they're already in a perfectly good universe.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Anyone curious about the song at the end, it's "Look On Down From The Bridge" by Mazzy Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVXkM_YxMg

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

semiavrage posted:

How is this thread not blowing up? (Pun intended.) This is my new favorite show. This episode was incredible on so many levels, I can't believe it. Jesus was the ending dark... and I was laughing the whole time.

Dan Harmon is a pretty divisive figure around these parts, so I'd imagine a lot of people are hesitant to give another show he's attached to a shot. Plus new Adult Swim shows are easy to miss out on unless you already watch a lot of Adult Swim/the other cable networks they advertise on.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Morel Orel creator Dino Stamatopoulos is a good friend of Dan Harmon's and is a producer/writer/recurring actor on Community, so Rick and Morty having a similar feel isn't too crazy.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The end of the chapter fits with the show perfectly. :allears:

Edit: How far in are you? (use spoilers if necessary, obviously)
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

hcreight fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 26, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

It looks cool.

Oh, it looks cool, does it?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Oh my God Harmon is doing two Zardoz parodies in one week!

hcreight fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 11, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The spider in Sector C is totally showing up later.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Haha, I'm on my second viewing and I didn't notice before how after pouting off from the kitchen, Summer stomps into the living room and in front of the TV needlessly (to get Rick and Morty's attention) before going to her room. The animators are great with the little touches.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

What's it going to take to make Gazorpazorpfield into a real show?

A trip to the universe where Lorenzo Music is still alive. :(

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Justin was just recording himself making up poo poo.

Yeah most or all of the TV segments are ad-libbed. He starts cracking up towards the end of a few of them.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

So many great moments.

I didn't notice before that Joffrey appears to be taller than the non-Tyrion adults. Is this just a camera perspective thing, or do people in this universe get shorter as they age?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Grandpa, go home and drink.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Oh God, Summer's a libertarian, isn't she?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Rick taking down an evil supernatural force with science just for the hell of it is amazing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Jerry's gonna destroy Pluto, isn't he? :(

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Timely use of a WBC member.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

Not sure if I want to decurse my cursed items at a place that lets trunk-people hating bigots shop around :

We're not in the trunk people universe, how can he be bigoted against something that doesn't exist? :colbert:

(He's probably a homophobe though!)

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

zoux posted:

Hm well I was exactly right as always.

Yeah well Death of the Author! :unsmigghh:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

japtor posted:

He's a grandpa. An extremely eccentric one sure, but he cares for his family (...in some weird capacity I guess), except maybe his son in law.

He'd seemingly rather complain about whatever stupid thing Jerry is doing than be alone. :smith:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Look, if you're living in a reality where there's no new episode tonight, just configure your cable box to look for shows from other universes. Quit whining, you bunch of Jerrys.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

There are so few Summer because they were going to abort her, maybe if they do there are timelines where they still stay together and have Morties.

I'd say it's more that there are relatively few Summers and Mortys in existence, but in a seemingly infinite multiverse, that's still a lot of Summers and Mortys.

And in most of those realities the Smiths have a lot of Family Game Nights apparently.

The council probably doesn't count Ricks without Mortys as real Ricks. Why? Because Doofus Rick, that's why.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 9, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Oh my God Rick.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I like Bird Person. I hope he's in future episodes. :)

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The testicle monsters. What are they doing? :gonk:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Intentional or not, the B-Plot was pretty amusingly timed. Today is the 102nd anniversary of the Titanic sinking.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

shadok posted:

Sounded like a Maurice Lamarche job to me.

It was, a poster mentioned before how he sort of sounded like Calculon.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Apparently Mr. Poopy Butthole was in a Rick and Morty jigsaw puzzle that was in a Loot Crate a few months ago, thus reinforcing the joke.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I got a total Zardoz vibe from that. Not sure how a Zardoz episode would work, but okay.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Forgot about it, more accurately.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Jerry is playing Jerry's game.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Did... they give Summer her name just for the sake of doing a Buffy sendup later?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The B-Plot is better than the A-Plot.

That's amusing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I hope Beth never discovers the Jerry Daycare.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

GRANDPA'S BAAACK, BABY!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Goddamn that ending.

I really don't want to wait a year and a half for more of this. I hope Community ending means this will come out faster (it won't).

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I wish I could say this was unusual behavior for Harmon but it really, really isn't.

(Roiland is the normal one.)

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I've never seem Roiland go on unprovoked rear end in a top hat sprees that way Harmon does but maybe I've just missed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Justin Roiland is co-founding a VR-focused video game company, for some reason.

• Locked thread