Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mike_V posted:

As far as I know, the FCC really doesn't have much to do with non-broadcast transmissions. It's mostly the network's concern about advertisers getting cold feet than anything (and I can't imagine anyone advertising on [as] really cares that much).

Do you know how strict the shirley temple people are with their ads on [as]. They have [as] by the balls at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I remember China Il slipped in a "gently caress" in the first season.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Not only David Cross was in this, but also Calculon this show has everything!

Maurice LaMarche is an awesome voice actor.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Hey, dude that works on this show, are all the scenes from the opening credits pulled from episodes that we haven't seen yet? Like robot Morty and pregnant Jerry?

I so wish there really is a pregnant Jerry episode.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Where's the link for human music? I want to enjoy some of that great human music.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love this song.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You all may not know this but Justin Roiland is also voiced by Justin Roiland.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hazo posted:

What the gently caress is going on with the photo in the linked interview

Dan Harmon is just turning into a Chronenberg. No big deal.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MattO posted:

I think it's interesting that Phil Hendrie does the voice of the Principal in his natural speaking voice, since he's know for doing different voice characters on the radio.

His regular voice is pretty awesome though. Also I have to say the voice acting talent in this show is just top notch. Maurice Lamarche and Rob Paulson alone make it for me. I think I also heard Tom Kenny and Billy West as well or I could have imagined those two.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That is one of the coolest things I've seen a popular show runner do for some fans.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I wonder if they will have any episodes with Beth and Rick. Either in the past or the present would be pretty great.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Couldn't remote control eye patch Morty actually be the "one Morty to rule them all" and he had to get all the Morty's together to defeat that Rick, being the only way to free himself.

I think Rick not ripping up the coupon is totally a Rick move. He still cares about Morty, but hey, gotta move on if something happens, life is pointless after all and you don't pass up an extra Morty.

Don't think about it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The preview for the next episode.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

null posted:

Watched most of the season and this is a great show, one of the best on Adult Swim. The only annoying thing that they should drop for season 2 is Rick burping all the time.

You are so wrong. I hope there's dialog with nothing but burping.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Goddamnit goons if we can fund a retard hotdog redneck from Bama surely we can make this ours. I will of course store it for a nominal fee and you guys can come look at it whenever

gently caress that we get it on odd days you get it on even days.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

My money is on Asile. She's trying to prove a point and she needs to kick someone's rear end to get that point

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BSam posted:

:cool:

Too Many Goons.

:thejoke:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

And that whole situation wasn't even a situation apparently. Some website drummed up drama and people fell for it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Neeksy posted:

No it was a thing. Season 2 is now a union job, and there was quite a bit of struggle to get that to happen, with threats of walkouts and stoppages, etc. I mean, I don't know if it ever got as bad as what Titmouse has done before (laid off employees, asked them to work for free until maybe they can get hired again, and blacklisting the people who didn't work for free), but there were some unhappy people working on the production, particularly because many of the writers didn't realize that if you create a whole new planet, you have a shitload of character and layout designs that you're never using again, meaning lots of overtime...

As for shell corporations, that's TM again who created a shell comp to sign the union contract so they could receive work from Dreamworks/Disney, and then subcontract themselves so there are no real Union benefits. I don't think Starburns/Roiland's outfit did that, but who knows. Even then, like Bob's Burgers, a lot of the animation work itself is done by Bardel in Canada.

I'm basing my opinion on what two artists of the actual show have said in this very thread. They needed insurance so they went to the union. That was it. Apparently I don't know the rest of the story.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

qntm posted:

I want to recommend Home Movies in addition to everything already mentioned. It's got that certain vaguely improvisational tone.

Pretty much a lot of Loren Bouchard's stuffs is good.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It was run by Frank caliendo. I remember it being pretty terrible.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I killed me that Brickleberry got more seasons than Ugly Americans which was amazing.

Truer words have never been said.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pick posted:

I liked Doofus Rick :shobon:.

Everybody did. He was a sweetheart, who apparently ate poo poo.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I lust for cable network death.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

I don't understand how some of you can take a really funny show about fake poo poo that doesn't matter except when in the service of comedy and discuss it like a bunch of insufferable nerds debating about pokemon power levels.

Welcome to TVIV brony avatar guy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Just Offscreen posted:

Haha thanks for sharing we all appreciated it. Edits about incest are totally a thing we really get a giggle out of around these parts.

So yeah thanks

I laughed. Maybe you're a little too sensitive about nothing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I legit want to see Rick and Morty have an episode in the dota universe.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Have you considered that crossovers are stupid?

Also yes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

johntfs posted:

Also the one with Scooby Doo and Batman.

Also the one with Scooby Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Also the one with Scooby Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters.

Also the one with Scooby Doo and Barney Fife.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Also the one with Scooby Doo and Barney Fife.

Also when The Flintstones met The Jetsons.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Also when The Flintstones met The Jetsons.

Also when Scooby Doo met the WWE apparently.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ok this one made me laugh:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

Rick and Morty and Scooby Doo

zoinks, rick

Would pay to see that direct to dvd movie.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Some of the story seems inconsistent. It's almost as if it were fabricated. I think Justin might be lying to us

That mother fucker!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I think AIDS is a way more established and loved catchphrase.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Typical posted:

yes. I am here for all goons. sarcasm aside, I love you all. I like seeing your little hearts beat with anticipation at the thought of more animation.

also I'm not that popular, but we'll see. This is just my career. I'm actually starting at Disney On Monday on a new show over there. also sci fi.

Well I don't love you, I'm only using you for your content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

DeepQantas posted:

Well... Robin Williams was into FPSes so he prolly snuck the reference into the show... yea...

Lol no

• Locked thread