Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

WickedHate posted:

That doesn't necessarily mean he's younger then fourteen. There are plenty of classes for people who are bad at math, and stuff like that sounds par the course, along with things like simple fractions, multiplication, and sometimes division. I am, in fact, typing this message from one such class(and I'm older then Morty). Him being in a specialized class like that would be consistent with Morty missing so much learning because of Rick.

Well now we know why you're in remedial math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The pilot of this was pretty lovely but it really picked up with the second episode. Glad I stuck with it.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I kinda wish the mother gets more screentime. I mean I know she's essentially the straight man of the family but there has to be something to mine there, right? I think she's the only one who hasn't been anywhere strange.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pyroi posted:

She already got her adventures when she was a child. Let the rest of the family have some now.

Well and good but we haven't seen them so it may as well not have happened from our perspective.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fast Luck posted:

The Two Brothers thing was the shittiest part of the episode for me. They had no idea where they were headed with that and just kept making up more lame bullshit. It reminded me of an elementary school project where each sentence was written by another kid, and I mean, it was just as awkward and as unfunny.

That was addressed before that commercial even aired. Rick said that it had an almost improvisational tone after Morty said it had a looser feel to it. If you didn't like it, fine. But it sure didn't come out of nowhere.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Buzkashi posted:

If they had directly switched they'd have had to deal with a whole world that had infrastructure built around Cronenberg physiology and was adjusting on a massive scale. No thank you, let's just take over for the dead Rick who pulled a solution out of his un-Cronenberged rear end.

Edit: in all likelihood it was similarly apocalyptic there too, with the Cronenberg Smiths being the brave survivors fighting off the terrifying normal humans.

The real question is if Cronenberg Cronenberg makes movies with humans as the disgusting horrible monsters.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Skippy McPants posted:

Look at that cot, it's neatly made, corners all tucked in. They set it up for him the day he arrived and he's never slept in it once. Rick doesn't sleep, and if he ever does it's not in a bed. At most he'll take the odd power blackout between binges.

Great, now he's Judge Holden.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/is-pluto-about-to-be-reinstated-as-a-planet-9769753.html

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sometimes science is more art than science.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Would the gears on gear guy be gridlocked? Also, I really like ancillary characters in this show.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pakled posted:

Sort of. He retained the knowledge of how to play an alien flute which he periodically played throughout the rest of the series, though mostly only to himself in his private time. He never demonstrated any practical skills or knowledge picked up from that time.

The big difference between Kirk and Picard. Kirk fucks alien women, Picard plays alien flute.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
This is an AS original right? Cuz this and Venture Bros is enough for me to give adult swim programming two thumbs up on sheer principle.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

Yeah AS are a good few years removed from their "lovely 4am stoner programming" reputation now. China, IL is incredible too.

The China, IL season finale was so much better than the last episode of Game of Thrones

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

China il, is not that good. The intro is bad and i care about nobody or nothing that happens

You're garbage.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

God drat. Shut the gently caress up about Community.

You people are the reason others don't like Community. We don't want to be like you so we grow to hate the show. But it's not the show we hate, it's you. You the fans of Community. We hate you.

Shut the gently caress up you fag.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr_Amazing posted:

I am unreasonably annoyed that they keep referencing a show called "Ball Fondlers" that clearly has nothing to do with fondling balls.

Dude, not every pop culture phenomenon has to mention your loving hobbies.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Affi posted:

I watched that episode, and i've only seen one other morel orel ep before. And It made me sad and confused and alone and I felt really lovely and I had to hug my dog when I went to sleep.

Was the dog stuffed before or after?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

This sucks but makes sense after the last season, which was bizarrely unfunny compared to the last two.

Actually it was loving awesome, Prick.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Affi posted:

I think I've found everything. I mean it wasn't hard. Just like clicking everything. But it was fun :)

Who wrote the jokes and flavour texts?

What were you referring to

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tormented posted:

I'm I the only one that thought it was good? I know this shows about weird hosed up poo poo but this was one of the least hammy ways to keep the family drama sub-plot moving. I liked it 10 times better then the silly deer subplot from the first episode.

It was perfectly fine and serviceable, goons are just loving lame losers.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

And 9 time out of 10 it was a gelf.

A grandmother everyone would like to gently caress?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress, I wish they'd netflix this bad.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also his best day at work and the best sex he ever had happened in a glitchy alien virtual reality simulator running on low power, his ideal world is a creche designed to keep him distracted and his ideal cosplaying buddy turned out to be an insane rapist. I love how the show continually shits all over him. :allears:

Whaaa? Don't remember this.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

JT Jag posted:

I can only imagine all the situations a leg-mounted snake holster would come in handy.

Doc Orpheus has some splaining to do

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I thought it was a solid episode. It doesn't stack up to the rest of this amazing season, but it wasn't bad by any stretch.

I laughed hard at the President assuming that people just die when he names them.

I think Tammy has a job on BirdWorld... as Bird Person's worm rancher.

Do birds even got dicks? Real question

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's possible that they just don't go on any dinner dates. Which makes sense, they're different species so there's a good chance that they each find the other ones eating habits gross even though they like each other on a personal level. I mean, don't get me wrong I think bird person seems like a good guy but I wouldn't want to watch him eat a plate of worms and he'd probably be pretty freaked out watching a human eat a chicken.

birds eat chicken all the time. hell sometimes chickens eat chickens

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress. and sometimes, birds eat people! WHAT THE gently caress

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gromit posted:

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a quick background shot of a muscle Jerry butt-loving a slug Jerry. Or rather, alluding to it.

Nobody cares about your fetish.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gromit posted:

We're talking about Roiland and Harmon, remember.

Now their fetishes, I do care about.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
If the big NASA announcement is life on Mars after this I will laugh.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
On the other hand Guardians of the Galaxy was the most fun i've ever had in an alien prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Troubadour posted:

Really puts the murder of Bird Person by his teenage bride in a new light...

He's nearing infertility?

• Locked thread