Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I had no idea that this short was picked up. It seemed like the least pick-up-able short in the history of shorts.

The doggie episode was really cute :3:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

We don't whitewash it either, the pirates are really rapey.

This was my favorite line of the night. I am shocked at how much this show has endeared itself to me in one day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Human music!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think my favorite thing about this show is Rick. I thought he'd be the classic irredeemable, horrible rear end in a top hat who gets away with everything at everyone else's expense, but that's clearly not the case. He definitely doesn't march to anyone else's drum, but he seems to care about his family, including his daughter, which is a nice change and I appreciate it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I was suspicious when Morty came through with the chips still in hand. At the end everything lines up correctly. Good cues!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
edited out

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I didn't see an issue with the jellybean scene at all. Considering how hosed up their adventures are generally (the entire point of this episode) it had to be something that was actually worse than shooting the insect people in customs in the earlier episode and whatever. It's series consistent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I never thought I'd be the person who was arguing in favor of a rape scene but seriously there was no joke here, it had a thematic point, and if anything it was a fair portrayal of how an almost-rape can gently caress up someone terribly (where it's often brushed off as an "oh no, I barely avoided rape!" instead of narrowly avoiding rape being its own trauma). Nobody downplayed it, there was nothing humorous about it, and it underscored the terror a kid feels. It's dramatically better than almost any other sexual assault scene I've seen in television media.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Holy mother of god that was a hosed up episode. Loved it!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really liked Rick pointing out that love potions are basically roofies and are immoral :colbert:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I like Summer and I don't seem to gather Rick hates her that much, he's just totally dismissive.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It has to be comprehensible to people as they're watching it. Clarity always triumphs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually really like the implication that Rick is the only human on this technological level. I hate that "rival" poo poo. I even hated it in Futurama.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Rick and Morty cameo on Community tonight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it looks like a labia but I don't care.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Summer is smarter than she lets on. She often seems to be the one doing the practical thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pixelante posted:

Pretty drat sure I know where the episode is going after that, so yeah, I'd say the preview is spoilery if you can put 2 and 2 together. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

It's pretty clearly going to be hosed to all hell.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, this episode felt really samey and didn't feel like it did anything new. I kept flashing back to the Futurama episode about Amazons.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Don't think I've ever seen a TV show reference Zardoz before.

Community, last Thursday.

Futurama did as well, where Farnsworth was wearing the Connery outfit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
[e: double post]

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The only thing people have been saying is that it's kind of pathetic that they couldn't invent some new jokes since Futurama did exactly the same thing in 2001. That's an apolitical statement. If they do an episode just like A Big Piece of Garbage people are going to note that too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That preview had me laughing the whole way. "I agree, where's this going?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This episode was fantastic, although the clicking reaallly got old, ya bastards.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Luck of the Fryrish is way sadder than Fry's Dog.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was all fantastic but the butter-robot C-plot was incredible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually think Summer is a better foil since she has some degree of logic in her arguments with Rick. They're always a little off but there's a seed in there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Notice the last word on the sign changes to "you" right before it goes down :tinfoil:

Oh my god that's amazing :allears:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As it turns out, my dad likes this show too. So now we have this and Venture Bros :toot:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This was a superb episode. Gags were in high form, but the plot was truly excellent. I love how all the Ricks treasure Beth (I like Beth). Shame Summer didn't apparently have anything to do. I thought doofus Rick was rather touching and sweet, even if he eats poo poo :unsmith:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't forget Anatomy Park also has Summer's boyfriend describing being raped. My favorite one to use to introduce folks, and used to introduce my parents, was the alien scammers one. My dad loves this show now, which is great since there hadn't been any new Venture Bros for us to talk about for a while.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love Summer in the Needful Things episode, where again she has this bizarre mix of introspection/genuinely mature logic and teenage superficiality.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Did you work on FrankenHole, as well, or I guess there wasn't much animation in that one?

Stop-motion animation is animation :arghfist::saddowns:!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

I loved the look of Frankenhole, really neat stuff going on there. The plots got a bit convoluted however.

I adored the premise and animation style of FrankenHole, but I felt the writing wasn't up to the same quality. Anyway!

Artist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Rick and Marty briefly crossed over with other animated masterpiece, Gravity Falls.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

...of SCIENCE! posted:

For those of you who don't watch Gravity Falls, Justin Roiland voiced a time traveler who appeared in the backgrounds of episodes for months before his episode aired,

So, in the previous episode.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gravity Falls can be plenty twisted too, I think it mostly gets away with it because parents don't pay attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQYVI5Ugz44&t=51s

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

grilldos posted:

Like all well animated Adult Swim 30 minute programs, it will take for loving ever and probably be highly worth the wait.

I'm convinced my great-grandchildren will love it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

moths posted:

I watched that video, the way you become pregnant in the mod is to kill and loot a pregnant woman, then wear her armor.

People need to stop getting their sex ed from Martyrs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jubs posted:

There is no such thing as a good fan base. I wouldn't be surprised if Tumblr wasn't already filled with Rick and Morty hentai.

They mention this on the commentary track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't watch Allen Gregory no matter what happens.

• Locked thread