Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The ending was slightly touching. Which I was surprised by. This show is a great end capper to 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

References work better if you don't draw attention to them. That's exactly why I don't like Family Guy, because the show is just REFERENCE REFERENCE REFERENCE LOOK AT THIS REFERENCE TO THIS MOVIE/SHOW/PERSON! LOOK LOOK! Instead of making it organic to the story. This episode was a tad too on the nose with Inception and Freddy Kruger...but it wasn't obnoxious. The It explained the jokes in a way that if you haven't seen Inception, or Freddy, you can get the joke, on a basic level. Unlike Family Guy where the Flash Gordon joke only works if you've seen Flash Gordon. And it also made sense in the context of the story. It didn't feel too forced.

That's why I really like Regular Show. All their references feel organic to the story, and just because you've never seen The Warriors, that doesn't make the story about Mordecai getting chased by a street gang, hard to understand. But it does make it funnier.

So hopefully the references won't be in your face, and more of a organic feel to them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Three things.

One. Awesome Episode.

Two. Thanks for giving us, Coloradans the dick. :D

Three. How old is Morty? Despite what the commercial says, I do believe he's 14. Considering he's in High School. Unless he's in one of those middle school/high school hybrids.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Funkmaster General posted:

Is that an Invader Zim reference in the teaser for the next episode or am I stretching? (the zoom-out through the blue-green twisting pipes)

It could be, but I doubt it. That was Zim's thing, but it's not too specific that a show wouldn't think of doing it without thinking of Zim.

That being said, this show is my new Zim...I love this great return to Sci-Fi cartoons. This episode loving ruled... man, it was GORGEOUS. The alien ship over the planet shot is striking. I'm glad I watched that on my big rear end HD TV. Couple moments stood out to me....simulation or not, I really liked the moment between Rick and Morty in the crystal chip room. That was a nice sweet moment. It's nice the show can bust those out without making it a big deal. The end was great too, it went from :unsmith: to :unsmigghh: in just a few seconds. Amazing. And the poptart people..."Why would they jump into a toaster?" is the exact question I ask when I see those poptart commercials.

Also what was that sound when Rick's safe's code didn't work? I know I know that from somewhere.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 14, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"There's always time for horseplay!"

:unsmith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And I will confirm I did just say "gently caress YES".

I love this show so much it hurts. I'm happy to see more. Thank you Typical for being here, giving us this stuff. Really appreciate it, man!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

edited out

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mmm, cool if I post a bit of Fan Art I did?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drifter posted:

CelticPredator, that's a great picture.

Also, holy gently caress, what a great episode. I mean, Jesus. Amazing.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it!

And yes...gently caress...this episode was amazing. The potential child rape was hard to watch, but thankfully they had that little bit at the end to leave me not feeling so lovely. Death of child molesters is always worth it.

Jerry's side plot was incredible too. Had a good heart to it..and of course "I'm kind of a stickler, how's your short game!?" "HOW IS YOUR SHORT GAME!!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because Justin Roiland is good at voice work and animation...I mean, what else do you need?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

To be fair, I believe they looked at Squee, which, outside of a few themes, curse words, and some disgusting bits, is still pretty close to what we got on Zim.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I use Chronenberg as a verb whenever I try and write a body horror scene in a short film.:v: So I was happy to hear that. So I was already laughing at the body horror stuff, and then when they called "Chronenbergs"...loving killed me.

But gently caress man. That ending. This show is now the king of tonal changes. Absolutely incredible.

Probably my favorite episode so far. I was actually taken a back when Rick and Morty died.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I kinda want my fan art to become an episode. I never draw fan art for wish fulfillment...but I want Rick and Morty to take on an Alien-esq creature. I just want to see where they'd go with the concept. :v:

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 29, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That would be brilliant. I've always liked well done Alien references, and I think this show could pull it off perfectly without hitting the cliches.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anony Mouse posted:

Rick accidentally releases a population of Ewok-like creatures into his universe which start to breed out of control and become an invasive species. To fix this he releases xenomorphs to hunt and kill the Ewoks. But then the xenomorphs get out of hand so he has to introduce Predator creatures to cull them down. Eventually the Predators become a problem too, so he creates an army of Terminators to search and destroy them...
Yeah, I'd be down for all of this. Hahah.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I literally came to post that theory My2k posted.

Look at the noses of those two characters in relation to everyone else. It's interesting. That's what made me think.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I binged watched through True Detective...and then I did this.

All I could think about.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sakarja posted:

This is the best thing, it needs to be on this page too!

Thanks everyone! :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pulling a Gravity Falls. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My buddy just sent me this little piece. It was all done on a loving phone app. :eek:

I think it's badass, personally. I saw him draw the initial sketch, and slowly add more and more until he sent me that. I want to try and teach him how to use Flash now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit: it's actually the art app that comes with the phone. The galaxy Note 2.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 14, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Planet Piss posted:

The most beautiful part of the Meeseeks storyline is that Summer and Morty's mom ask for these nebulous, vague ideas, which end up being simple for the Meeseeks. Morty's dad asks for something relatively simple and almost gets people killed for it. Everything I've thought would be cliche in this show has been turned on its head and I love it!

I drew a Mr. Meeseeks a while ago too:

You got featured on the facebook!

Now tell me how you did it....

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Planet Piss posted:

Holy crap that's awesome! Thanks for telling me, I don't have a Facebook so I'd have never known otherwise, haha

It must have been the power of the Meeseeks

No problem! I was watching it to see when it would pop up. I can screen cap the comments for you, if you so wish. Haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's worse then I thought. But you did get almost 300 people liking it, so that's something haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

5 minute sketch. This wait is driving me crazy haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Morty is Morty. :D

I might even make a horrible copyright infringing t-shirt of it. I feel like it could stick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit: Nevermind- I'm stoopid.

Chapter 3 rules.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 26, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

tell me how to beat it. I'm so lost. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress! That's it. Haha. I couldn't make that connection.

Great ending.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like that this show has a heart, but I also like this show can stab that heart freely.

I'm down for anything, just as long as we don't get any child molestation with Rick. I don't think I can handle that. :stonk:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know mash up shirts are a bit lame, but I had fun making this. I sent it to QWERTEE, don't know if it will go up. But maybe you guys will get a kick out of it regardless.

It's a play on the Doctor Dreadful toy sets from the 90's.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 8, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thanks!

I do have one, but I have no idea how to use it. I posted a picture, but it doesn't show up anywhere. How do I use Tumblr?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I made it quick long ago. Only posted 3 things I guess.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ottcelticpredator

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I must have set it up wrong. I'll make a new one later. Someone should PM me how to do it. I'm terrible with social media stuff. Haha.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll try and learn me some Tumblr soon. But I got this message, and wow. Tumblr's a douche.

quote:

"person" is now following you. Finally.

:psyduck: Haha.

e: If you want to see that shirt get made....

http://www.qwertee.com/product/doctor-sanchezs-drink-lab

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 10, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I drew drunk Morty when I was at a bar, and I'm honestly proud of it. It cracks me up. Bars make good for drawing.

HIGH REZ

http://i.imgur.com/exSH4da.png

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ah! I get it. I've been used to doing the spaceless hashtags for so. Now, I went and fixed the tags, but I can't seem to find my stuff in the search button. Is it still "out there" but I just can't see it?

And those own, by the way. :golfclap:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's good to have this show back. Wubba Lubba Dub Dubbs!

I enjoyed the episode, but wasn't a huge fan of the Woman ruling the world plot. I didn't hate it or anything. I actually liked it, but I wanted to love it. Oh well. Rick made up for any issues I had.

The Morty plot was perfectly weird and hilarious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just ask poor Morty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Air is lava! posted:

Mortys parents seem to be even bigger assholes than Rick. How is that even possible? At least with him you feel something like genuine affection. I hope there will be an episode which showcases the relation between Morty and his parents a little bit more. It seems realy cold and practical right now.
Wait! Morty is an even worse parent. Maybe the lesson we have to take from it is "humanity just gets worse at this every time."

But I liked the line about parents only being kids who have kids themselves. Adulthood looks just way different from a childs eyes.

From the AMA from last night.

Dan Harmon

quote:

Oh my God. Beth is so messed up. I guess I [think I] know more about her than what you've learned so far, but you know she got pregnant at seventeen. You know the guy that knocked her up wouldn't have been her first choice. You know her mother's out of the picture but that her Dad, who was out of the picture when she was a child, is now back IN the picture, and that, unlike Jerry, she seems relatively fine with his influence on her learning-disabled son. It seems like she'd rather her son risk his life with her insane father than end up being...like her husband. That's really, really hosed up.

We know that kids blame themselves for their parents breaking up, that's pretty standard psychology. But from there, we have different mechanisms for coping with the blame. And one of the strategies we see people employ, in the face of an absentee parent, is a deification of the parent that takes LESS responsibility. Beth thinks her dad is better than her mother because her dad had the brain and guts to leave her.

That's really, really hosed up.

Rick's daughter is more hosed up than Rick, and hosed up because of Rick, don't you worry about that.

• Locked thread