Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
HOW TYPICAL! I know, that's going to get old (years from now). Keep up the great work over there. This should be a great show. Both episodes and the online adventure game have some really clever writing. Just stopping in and saying this show is great. The fact that they go throughout space and not just time makes out like a strange Doctor Who meets Back to the Future and I'm digging everything about it except the belching which seems like it was toned down for episode 2.

I need to keep working on my cartoon so I can have one of these threads one day!

Typical, what do you guys use to animate? I'm currently switching from Flash to Toon Boom and learning the rigging right now. I was wondering if you guys use something similar.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Typical posted:

...We are all waiting for the green light on to season 2, and then artists can be employed again! Also Rick and Morty is done in Harmony/Toonboom and a lot of it is animated in the Philippines!

Well take heart then because I can't imagine this not getting a season 2. Word of mouth should spread pretty soon. Thanks for answering the animation question too. Glad to see I made a good choice to switch from Flash since the coloring in Rick and Morty is great. The pupils in their eyes kind of drive me nuts though!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My girlfriend has asked me 3 times when is this show coming back during the holidays. There's only two types of people in this world, people that like Rick and Morty and complete loving failures of life. Two types.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also, I went through the epiode again, just checking out the incredible detail in the backgrounds, and noticed this:

Giant penny.

Yeah, it's nice that the giant world they visited also had a giant Abraham Lincoln.

Hey, Typical, I'm starting color art on my solo cartoon in Toon Boom. Any shortcut tips you can give from someone that's actually being paid to use it? :) Do you do any of the rigging or is that all done by the overseas studio?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AxeManiac posted:

Couldn't remote control eye patch Morty actually be the "one Morty to rule them all" and he had to get all the Morty's together to defeat that Rick, being the only way to free himself...

Yeah that's how I read it. Like he somehow at some time defeated his Rick, usurped him, thought of a plot to free the Mortys while pawning it off still as Evil Rick so he wouldn't come to the attention of the Council of Ricks.

Great episode either way.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

I have a feeling that if he was trying to free the Mortys he wouldn't have imprisoned them all and hooked hundreds of them up to the Torturedome. Especially since you only need to torture like five Mortys, max.

...it would still make sence if he took over t some point after evil Rick had imprisoned them. Your point isn't exclusive of how I read it.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

You all are forgetting that Evil Morty (through Robo-Rick) seemed to admire his "Symphony of Mortys" a little too much...

Anything said as Evil Rick would all be part of the ploy. I'm not trying to goon out or read more into it; it's just how I saw how it was written.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Typical posted:

They are Hiring at the Canadian Studio for Layout Artist/Background Painter. Any Canadians want to work on Rick and Morty? You get to draw all the reverse angles of the living room all day. and color in all the horse paintings that Beth hangs on the walls.

http://www.canadiananimationresources.ca/?p=10321

Let me know when you open a Michigan studio! :D

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Typical posted:

They couldn't sell it last time for what ever legal reasons. I think it will work this time. Also you need a flat bed truck and a crane to get it out of there,

Dude, just draw one. Sheesh, why do I always have to think of everything!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mr.capps posted:

Nobody is having a hard time accepting someone doesn't like something. Its just crazy calling Too Many Cooks, which is extremely structured, "lol random" or "monkey cheese".

Let's all agree he only watched the first two to three minutes of Too Many Cooks. It obviously starts out as an early 90s Full House (TGIF) style intro parody, but then goes into something wildly dark and different (which is why I assume it's being talked about here since R&M isn't afraid to go dark).

I actually watched it twice just to notice the serial killer stalking the family far before you can fully see him in the cook scene looking at the spices. He's behind the baby!

I honestly thought it was some level of brilliance. If you only watched the opening bit and then turned it off because you thought the gag was repetition or random monkey cheese then you missed 100% out on what was really going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MrSlam posted:

My dad's a very gentle man. He's soft-spoken and very mild, and just an all around standup guy.

That was the first and only episode he saw. I apologized afterward. He pretended not to care. "They went into the bar. That thing tried to rape that little boy in the bathroom. And you found that funny. What's to apologize for?"

I've been doing a watch through of Cheers on Netflix and your dad came off as Frasier in my head. Everyone, his dad is Frasier.

• Locked thread