Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Just watched the first episode of Season One.

The girl escaping elimination by giving the guy his own garnet :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Max22 posted:

Welcome to the Genius.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sacro posted:

First episode was great, and I was happy to see the first eliminated player was who it was, as he gave me an arrogant rear end in a top hat vibe. Though that wasn't even entirely his fault unless he was insisting that they get his IQ correct as if 3 points really needed a correction and fawning over for his introduction. The jump cuts to his twitching face might have had a lot to do with it too. The only better way to dunk that guy would have been the last trader giving him the 0. :black101:
Yeah, my roommate and I were both happy that player was eliminated.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just finished episode 4 of S1, I was thinking 'hey, the players kinda get eliminated with no montage or anything that's a shame'... then they hit me with that. Oh drat you. Best ep so far, even if I struggle to keep up with the tactical death match game.

Does 2x01 reveal the winner or any spoilers for s1? If not, I might watch the new eps as they air as well rather than catch up in a week or two.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does 2x01 reveal the winner or any spoilers for s1? If not, I might watch the new eps as they air as well rather than catch up in a week or two.

Yes it does, so you should really finish S1 if you don't want to be spoiled.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yes it does since he/she is appearing in season 2.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah then I probably know who wins as I've seen the cast list! Hopefully I'll just forget, I'm pretty good at doing that.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ah then I probably know who wins as I've seen the cast list! Hopefully I'll just forget, I'm pretty good at doing that.

Actually even if you saw the cast list you won't know the winner since Two people from season one return.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Since ep1 is already out, do we really need spoilers? Sangmin as the snake was perfect, since it gave him the opportunity to sit around laughing all day and observing people.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I think the general politeness rule for staggered watching shows like this, is the spoiler bars are used until the next episode is released. So after episode 2 is subbed, everyone can talk about episode 1 without the spoilers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Bandage Sniffer season 2 episode 1 reuploaded to Dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k67pVt5Znhhwe752dNQ
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2I9u59cznr4FK52bxu

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

CeeJee posted:

Wow, they did not hold back for season two, the Food Chain game was quite complex with all the animal specific rules and winning conditions. The group looks great too and I really need to start watching Infinite Challenge, Hongchul is amazing. One minute in I already loved the guy.

I was not quite sure what happened in the last round with Jinwon and the girl, did he just keep talking until the time was up and she forgot to actually attack him

Discussing what happened at the end of the Food Chain game :
Can't check for the exact setup right now, but it was basically this : There were 4 people left, not counting Sangmin (the snake) - 2 predators and 2 prey. The 2 prey both had the rule of "if all the prey that are alive are in the Field at the same time, they can't be eaten." Jinwon could have been eaten if she had eaten him immediately. but since she waited until the other prey in the other room was eaten, Jinwon was now the only alive prey left, and he was in the Field, so he could no longer be eaten."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bankok posted:

Yes it does since he/she is appearing in season 2.

Might wanna add those tags there, since your non-spoilered post isn't subtle enough to not ruin the episodes for people.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

How sensitive do you have to be that that would ruin it for you?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CeeJee posted:

As much as I want it to be Yoonsun's more cooperative attitude that won her the victory I think it was mostly luck in having a 10 card in her first four and the crucial winning card being with one of her team members.

I agree that there was a large component of luck but Yoonsun's cooperative attitude won her the victory. Hwee Jong got nominated even though Da Hye and Ji Won were on his team with Ji Won outright saying that it was because he was too aggressive.

I have to watch it again but doesn't one of his own team members lie to him and give him a lovely card?

It was especially satisfying to see him lose since, as a mathematician, he should have figured out that there weren't enough prey for the four predators to survive and that he needed to eat or remove two of the predators instead of the prey.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has anyone found or made a list of the animals and their skills/attributes/win conditions? Sounds like something you could play at a party (with a very specific number of people).

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Davincie posted:

How sensitive do you have to be that that would ruin it for you?

"Ruin," as in spoil. If you are watching the first season and don't want to know who wins, the post is blatant enough as to spoil it. Like what happened with Bromance and his question.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Argue posted:

Has anyone found or made a list of the animals and their skills/attributes/win conditions? Sounds like something you could play at a party (with a very specific number of people).

Here's what I got:

Lion (Rank 1)
Habitat: Field (Can not go into Sky)
Win condition: Survive
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 1 round
Special power: None

Crocodile (Rank 2)
Habitat: River (Can not go into Sky)
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 2 rounds (Can survive 1 round without food)

Eagle (Rank 3)
Habitat: Sky
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 2 rounds (Can survive 1 round without food)

Hyena (Rank 4)
Win condition: Lion dies
Lose condition: Lion survives
Special power: Dies when starved for 3 rounds (Can survive 2 rounds without food)

Otter
Habitat: River (Can not go into Sky)
Lose Condition: Die
Special power: If in habitat with all remaining weak prey animals (even just itself), can not be killed. (Otter, Deer, Mallard, Rabbit)

Chameleon
Habitat: Forest (Can not go into Sky)
Lose condition: Die
Special power: Disguise self when peaked at by another player

Snake
Win condition: Over 9 players are dead at the end
Lose condition: Under 9 players are dead at the end
Special power: Unable to die, any animals which attack the snake will die

Deer
Special power: If in habitat with all remaining weak prey animals (even just itself), can not be killed. (Otter, Deer, Mallard, Rabbit)

Crow
Win condition: Guess a winner (Done at start)
Lose condition: Incorrect guess
Special power: Peak at an additional player for total of 2

Mallard

Rabbit

Egyptian Plover
Habitat: River
Win condition: Crocodile wins
Lose condition: Crocodile dies

Rat
Win condition: Lion wins
Lose condition: Lion dies

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 12, 2013

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Max22 posted:

I couldn't stop smiling. That was when I knew this was no ordinary show.

I'm binging through season 1, just finished episode four. I like how this show broadens the concept of a genius as someone who can charm people as well as out-think them. The standup comedian and the George Michael guy are running poo poo so far.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Oh man, that ep 2 preview looks bonkers.

They sit on chairs in a circle, everyone has a number 1 to 11 and 1 person has an X. Every round they can exchange seats by mutual agreement and at the end a chain of exactly 5 consecutive numbers (9-10-11-1-2 is valid) sitting next to each other must be made with the X breaking any sequence. If not, all numbers go up 1 with 11 becoming X and X becoming 1. The chain of 5 that is eventually made all win with the person in the middle getting 10 bonus garnets and the hint. The person with the X when the chain of 5 is made loses. Numbers are secret and only the length of the longest series is revealed every round so information is minimal but should just be enough for a really smart player keeping track.

Best part: they keep going until a chain of exactly 5 is made and from the snippets in the preview it's going to be a LONG day.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder who prepares the games and how long it takes to make them. The first episode of Season 2 is turning out to be amazing.

bruinfix
Sep 6, 2003

I also wanted to check in and say that this game is awesome. Loved the first episode of season 2. I was also worried that the second season cast would not be as good. I hope Noh Hong-Chul stays for a long time because they need people that are funny to cut down on the tension in the game. I would really like to see Ha Ha on this show based on his cameo from season one.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

bruinfix posted:

I also wanted to check in and say that this game is awesome. Loved the first episode of season 2. I was also worried that the second season cast would not be as good. I hope Noh Hong-Chul stays for a long time because they need people that are funny to cut down on the tension in the game. I would really like to see Ha Ha on this show based on his cameo from season one.

Might as well put Kwangsoo in it as well..

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Gwang Soo wouldn't last the first round before he suicided by backstabbing his alliance. Get Jong Kook in there.

When can we expect episode 2 btw?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Should be out soonish. The guy subbing the show is pretty good about updating his twitter.

https://twitter.com/bumdidlyump

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
There are links to all of Season 1 streaming on that twitter account too, might be worth adding to the OP.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 16, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GraPar posted:

There are links to all of Season 1 streaming on that twitter account too, might be worth adding to the OP.
The twitter account is in the OP, multiple times. I was one of the first 10 subscribers to her Twitter feed :colbert:

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Sorry, I actually meant it might be worth linking to her(?) tumblr page, which is a little more convenient for newcomers.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

The twitter account is in the OP, multiple times. I was one of the first 10 subscribers to her Twitter feed :colbert:

I am WAY better friends with Bumdidlyumptious than you :colbert:

I need to say that, I love this show. I have no idea what a kyung or a nuna is though.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

JakeP posted:

I am WAY better friends with Bumdidlyumptious than you :colbert:

I need to say that, I love this show. I have no idea what a kyung or a nuna is though.

unni = What girls say to older sisters or girls older than themselves.
oppa = What girls say to older brothers or boys older than themselves.
noona = What boys say to older sisters or girls older than themselves
hyung = What boys say to older brothers or boys older than themselves
dongsaeng = younger siblings

or something, I don't know

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Similarly, sunbae/hoobae are used to refer to senior people in the same profession (or mentors/teachers) and junior people, respectively. I don't remember if anyone was so addressed in the first episode but it'll probably happen in the future.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
So after watching s2e1 I've gone back and gotten through 7 of season 1 and this show is amazing.

Season 1 Episode 7 Jinho you magnificent bastard! The look on everybody's faces as they realized what was happening was priceless.

Oh and on the topic of people who should be on this show, I think Firebathero would be amazing on this.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Episode 2 is out

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Links to episode 2 now available on her Tumblr.

edit: ^ :argh:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 16, 2013

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Uh, am I seeing things or does Jiwon's shirt say fuckin pumpkin?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Always makes me laugh how much everyone seems to eat at the start of every episode. Also love it that there are usually lots of comments on what people are wearing when they come in, rarely see that on US shows for some reason. Sangmin might be one of my favourite game show contestants ever, such a strangely likeable schemer with a bizarrely amazing ability to read people (best example: the Season 1 zombie episode when he immediately correctly guessed who the initial two zombies were just by their body language and a little conversation).

Biggest giveaway on this show: if someone says you need to do/tell them something quickly because you're running out of time, then they're 100% trying to gently caress you.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 16, 2013

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
That ending... Everyone teaming up on Jaekyung made me sad :( even though I wanted Hong Chul to survive it was still sad.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Cityinthesea posted:

Uh, am I seeing things or does Jiwon's shirt say fuckin pumpkin?

With his strategically placed name tag it could also be Eucking Pumpkin.

The end was sad, with everyone choosing to enrich themselves but losing Honchul so early would have been even more sad. I wonder how he will hold up the promises he made if it comes down to it later on. Behind all the jolly smiles he's quite determined. Jinho continues being the person who sees the obvious way to win the rest misses.

I hope to see more of the Yoonsun and Dohee (the lawyer and the hacker) power couple, they seem to have the most mutual trust.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 2: If someone was going to be sacrificed to the Genius gods, happy it was her, as she wasn't really bringing much to the show. Glad Hong Chul stuck around. We still really haven't gotten a sense of him game-wise yet. First episode he got out early, this episode he being abandoned.

Thought it was interesting they all bet on him to get garnets, of course, the producers can just as easily adjust later on the line to account for that, so if an item could be purchased, could cost more. Wonder how much Jinho got out of it, he was already at what, 12 (previous 2 + 10 as overall winner)? Could be up to 24 if he went all in on Hong Chul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Episode 2: Holy gently caress Jaekyung got hosed over so bad, and even I enjoy having NHC on this show and hope he lasts for a while. That sucks. :smith: