Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I didn't agree with Jinho in the latest episode (season 2 ep 4) because although betrayal is common and a part of the game, specifically wanting another player eliminated as a condition of your betrayal is way too personal and gives the betrayer too much power. You betray to save yourself, not to go on a power trip and demand a specific player get eliminated. I would've gone against him too at the end :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

doomisland posted:

I don't agree at all. If they had some moral objections then they could have refused his help but they didn't. If Eun Kyul wanted to target 3 people because they're all friends which can be become an issue later then he can do that if he wants.

Of course he can, but it can also come back to bite him if people don't particularly like him and would rather team with the 3 friends. This season is certainly a lot more cutthroat than the first one so far.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

(Do season 1 spoilers still need to be tagged? Inc, in any case)

Yeah, I was mainly rooting for Sunggyu because everyone made a big tadah about what a dummy he is in the beginning. Then they said he was improving but surprise surprise, acting like an idiot is just his shtick and was the dark horse of the show. Unfortunately he got a little too cocky :(

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Yeah he's definitely not book smart and one of the slower to understand rules, but when he did understand he usually played like a king. Apparently I have become a Sunggyu fan.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

If by she you mean me, I actually never heard of him until The Genius :shobon:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

It's OK to hate Sunggyu but that was pretty clearly what he was going for, his brattiness was so exaggerated and played up for the cameras. Same for Sangmin, poo poo was hilarious.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

It's the final 4 episode, so the next one he's gonna watch. I agree about them being awesome in that ep.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

That is the best behind the scenes clip ever.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

And the burglar game, where it failed hilariously

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

In ep 6, why did Dohee pretend to find his ID card? That was weird and pointless :confused:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The first season was definitely better so far, season 2 is more cutthroat no holds barred vibe whereas season 1 was more friendly and required more individual thought. Only downside of first season was Kim Gura, guy can go to hell

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Controversy gets things canceled in Korea though!

Also if you like Kim Gura your opinion definitely sucks :colbert:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

redreader posted:

Yeah, why did he basically volunteer to get kicked off? He just seemed super mad when things didn't go his way but he seemed like a reall strong game player at first. Maybe he was dealing with personal poo poo at the time or something.

Honestly I think his only strength was the rest of the cast looked up to him so much as the most famous dude so he could order people around. When people started to see through it and realize he's just a big baby surprise surprise, he started to act like a big sulky baby.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I always root for the guy that everyone picks on as stupid and it seems like in both seasons both of my guys had everyone fooled :smug:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Do you run adblock? I don't have that issue at all.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Jiwon with the premature GG, embarrassing

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Haha, Starcraft terminology :D

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Varam posted:

Eunkyul wasn't performing all that well in the matches, but he did a great job of recognizing the power of the broadcaster power bloc so early. Unfortunately, his attempt to derail it was poorly planned and executed. He should have explained his reasoning to the other players and worked to set up a countering faction before things got out of hand. Instead he just got himself martyred and made the balance of power favor the broadcasters even more.

Exactly this, I didn't care who got sent home that ep at all but Eunkyul went about it so stupidly that he absolutely deserved to get sent home.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Had this been a real life case, gauze on the victim would have meant it was done by somebody with a personal connection, enough care to send him off not looking like a wreck, so family or partner.

Of course, it seems the scene is set so that it's too soon for an autopsy, so there's no way to tell if the gauze was used to smother the old mans screaming until he was out, and then used to cover up the wound.

My thought too, but that's the problem with these play detective cases. Hard to know what was meant to be a clue and what's just decoration.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

There were 2 or 3 people's investigation sequences that weren't even shown because they all found the same stuff, who cares if Henry decided to be weird

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

qbert posted:

I'm just happy that finally the audience didn't vote for the correct culprit and the cast members did.

Seemed like the voting always swung into whatever direction the detective was in :D

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Much better format, this ep was really fun.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Crime Scene synopsis (spoiler?): It's either Jinho, Jiyoon, or whoever they're both accusing :v:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I think the key to this game is not putting it into a real world setting at all but working out what producers intended to be evidence, alibis, or red herrings. Sunggyu's alibi was dumb but it was clear they intended the (lol) broken mirror shards in the victim's room to be his alibi

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Hat Thoughts posted:

Are spoilers really necessary? I feel like anyone reading this page in the thread has already watched the episode, and if they haven't it's entirely pointless because there's just big black boxes. Actually though if somebody hasn't watched it and is reading this reply or something

People have flipped over Running Man spoilers before. Running Man! They're just doing funny stuff!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

This show is tough to have guests on because there is definitely a learning curve. I'm expecting every first time guest to come off as a dim wit.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Based on real life doesn't mean anything, especially when there's a red herring character in every case and they are almost always fooled by it.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Sunggyu' brattiness is awesome

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

He is much more clever than they give him credit for and it takes them a while to realize that :D

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I had that thought too but again, game and not real :v:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I actually remembered him being a really bad player :confused: the predators shot themselves in the foot by allying together and his only method of winning was being a dick and trying to order the mouse role around, which obviously backfired.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The SA Genius game is pretty fascinating to watch, there's already lots of blaming and deception going on :munch:

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Man, they really couldn't find anything more to say about the actress other than her IQ and repeating that she's really pretty 3 times?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I'm pretty sure the intention with the ID cards was so that you could trade it strategically with other people. Stealing it and entirely blocking him from playing the game, resulting in his loss and betraying him in the death match to top it off? Yeah, a bit of an rear end in a top hat move. Even if they never outright said you can't steal ID cards, blocking someone's chances to even play surely goes against the spirit of the game.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I didn't get that impression, I thought he was just complimenting his cast members. He seemed pretty humble in the cast intro video.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

Even without simply throwing the game like what happened, the game was still tilted heavily in the citizen team's favor. The citizen team effectively has all the information, and the criminal team doesn't have any. The citizen team also has the upper hand in terms of just numbers. The criminal team would have to pull their cards off right, and also hide the leader. That's going to be near impossible to pull off.

Agree that the game seemed really stacked against criminal team. It depended a lot on the citizen leader, who could have played it smart (which happened) or played it really stupidly (which would take a complete imbecile to happen). Since citizen leader played it smart, they didn't even have a chance in the majority vote on jury members.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Kyunghoon was the worst player of the bunch, good riddance

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Shakugan posted:

Got to say I thought it odd that he betrayed for no reason a girl he clearly had a crush on, and then ended up giving her the extra garnet his irrational betrayal "won" him anyway.

I enjoyed the episode. I generally hate deathmatches that are basically popularity contests, but this one at least had some interesting 1-1 strategy that could be (and ultimately was) employed. The main match was interesting enough, though I think it's time we get a game centered around individuals. "Extreme ways moments" happen a lot less in team matches, there's just too much reliance on alliances and betrayal.

He thought he'd betray everyone but give her the extra token, forgetting the fact that they were the only 2 with strawberry/melon so his betrayal was in fact 100% against her

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Poker player shows promise imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Symbolic Butt posted:

Yeah but I mean, I expected them to create small factions to compete with conflicting plans about who they would push to get first and then immediately follow up to get second place.

Instead they just ganged up on Kang and doctor guy to make sure everyone just survived. Boring.

Why would they put everyone at risk when they could just sink 2 guys guaranteed. This is a case of hate the game not the player.