Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
[B'Elanna Torres walks into the Janeway's ready room]: Captain, I need some adv-
[She pulls up short. The room is thick with cigar smoke, and Janeway is giving Naomi Wildman a tattoo]
Janeway: Stop fuckin' squirming you little poo poo. Yeah, whaddya need B'Elanna?
[Naomi Wildman looks up at the Captain and blows the smoke from her stogie directly in her face]
Naomi: DIG THAT GUN IN HARDER I WANT THAT INK ON THE FUCKIN' BONE!
[B'elanna backs out slowly]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Here we are years later talking about these shows, obviously they were "good" it's just that they could have all been like SO MUCH BETTER

And I love me some boob women but maybe don't have a stripper pole on the brig 24/7 and let Jeri Ryan put some pants on.

And Vulcan lady on Enterprise could have had like a personality and been mean and catty or openly, racist against humans, or like ANYTHING there's so much plot potential. They might as well have carried around a real doll.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Piedmon Sama posted:

They way they dropped him off the show at the end of Season 2 was literally a last minute rewrite because the producers got squeamish about, oh gosh, having a killer trying to redeem himself? That might actually get interesting or something. That was when I gave up.

It ties in Voyager's pattern of throwing good sources of tension such as having the Maquis crew join up without reservations and being blindly loyal to Janeway until the end.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

naem posted:

Here we are years later talking about these shows, obviously they were "good" it's just that they could have all been like SO MUCH BETTER

The show was great when I was 11 years old. But now that I'm an adult and have been exposed to good media, rewatching voyager you realize it's poo poo. Not dated like some of TNG, but just poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e:nm

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

etalian posted:

It ties in Voyager's pattern of throwing good sources of tension such as having the Maquis crew join up without reservations and being blindly loyal to Janeway until the end.

there was at least one episode where the maquis wanted to mutiny but chakotay shot them down

Nog
May 15, 2006

Just dropping in to let you all know that Voyager was a good show (or it slowly became one) and DS9 was actually a sucky show. Looked like a lot of you weren't tracking that, so I figured you could use some help.

Star Trek is supposed to be episodic, not some serial where "oh know I missed an episode so now I have no idea what is going on."

Voyager also had Q, who is super cool because he's a giant goon with unlimited power. All he was missing was a fedora.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
TNG > ENT > TOS > VOY > ANIMATED SERIES > DS9

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Durgat posted:

animated star trek kicks the poo poo out of voyager and enterprise, sorry

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Silver Alicorn posted:

there was at least one episode where the maquis wanted to mutiny but chakotay shot them down

That is one of Chakotay's most awesome moments easily. "You're sick of Federation rules?" *turns around, suckerpunch to the jaw!* "Alright, there's some Maquis rules."

He had potential to be a good character but it got flushed down the toilet at the end of season 2. I can see why Bob Beltran basically stopped giving a poo poo.

Durgat posted:

Holy lolly get a load of how wrong you are

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Durgat posted:

B+ trolling. A little on the nose but still too juicy for most people to deny feeding you.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
The anime was really generic and boring, but it was better than watching DS9. I skip most of DS9 whenever I try to watch it.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Roke. posted:

heh, didn't seven get pissed off when the doctor was in her body and he ate a bunch of cheesecake and masturbated or something

if anyone in here ever gets quantum leaped into my body, you have permission to eat my cheesecake and masturbate for the duration of the possession, I won't mind

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

TBH when Enterprise got canceled most people had stopped watching trek altogether a few days after ds9 ended and weren't about to start again after not being able to make it through a single voyager episode without flipping the channel to something, anything else

by that time it was p. much a mercy killing, enterprise had some serious particle board in it's cast and brannaga tiptoed around a lot of the old poo poo that was supposed to be happening (romulan war) and shoehorned in poo poo that wasn't supposed to be around until way later (the borg and ferengi episodes)

it was a shameful waste of potential, and being better than voyager is not much of an achievement given that the space opera genre as a whole pretty much started to leave star trek in the dust around halfway through babylon 5

most people agreed that the franchise needed a rest for a decade or two but oops here comes trekbabies with it's bathos and lensflares

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Durgat posted:

lol

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Piedmon Sama posted:

That is one of Chakotay's most awesome moments easily. "You're sick of Federation rules?" *turns around, suckerpunch to the jaw!* "Alright, there's some Maquis rules."

My favorite Chakotay moment is when Neelix is having a crisis after being literally resurrected by Seven. So Chakotay offers to help him on a vision quest to understand what's going on, except when Neelix does it it's just a horrible nightmare where his family members tell him he's terrible and his life is meaningless.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Never forget: the Producers thought Neelix would be the break-out character fans would love.

Neelix

naem
May 29, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Never forget: the Producers thought Neelix would be the break-out character fans would love.

Neelix

Jar jar beelix

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm surprised they didn't put boobs on him

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Mondian posted:

My favorite Chakotay moment is when Neelix is having a crisis after being literally resurrected by Seven. So Chakotay offers to help him on a vision quest to understand what's going on, except when Neelix does it it's just a horrible nightmare where his family members tell him he's terrible and his life is meaningless.

sounds bout right

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
neelix look like a space child molester

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lamebot posted:

"looks"

kes was a few years old remember

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

She was like 25 in dog years

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Guys, don't forget that some of your favorite Voyager characters like Tuvok, Harry Kim, Icheb, and Dr. Lewis Zimmerman will all be appearing in the fan film / pilot Star Trek: Renegades.

Their on a mission to save the Federation because the planet Reuel VII has been blockaded by somekind of force and it's also the main source of Dilithium for the entire Federation. That's right, one planet is the lynch pin of the Federation and without it Faster Than Light Travel would grind to a halt.

Now Section 31 has assembled a force of renegade badasses to go and save Reuel VII from Muad'Dib's Freeman Jihad mysterious force.

Shadoer fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 13, 2013

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Harry Kim you fuckin renegade

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Wait, does he look like someone who molests space children, or like a child molester in outer space?

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wait, does he look like someone who molests space children, or like a child molester in outer space?

I'd say both

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Neurolimal posted:

animated star trek kicks the poo poo out of voyager and enterprise, sorry

agreed

:black101:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I saw the first couple of seasons of voyager I think and thats the only star trek Ive seen. The only episode that sticks out in my mind was the one where Janeway and someone else land on a planet, turn into lizards, gently caress, have lizard kids and then get turned back somehow.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Brasseye posted:

I saw the first couple of seasons of voyager I think and thats the only star trek Ive seen. The only episode that sticks out in my mind was the one where Janeway and someone else land on a planet, turn into lizards, gently caress, have lizard kids and then get turned back somehow.

Congrats! You remember Threshold, the finest TV that Voyager, nay, all of Trek has to offer. None of the other episodes come close to this.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Piedmon Sama posted:

Harry Kim you fuckin renegade

He's got a cameo in Rock Jocks, a movie in which Robert Picardo discusses the various uses of the word "motherfucker" with Jason Mewes.

Omghaiwtfaslplzkthx.
I was curious to see how much Chakotay hated star trek. turns out it's a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyF-ik2Cteg

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

posty posted:

I was curious to see how much Chakotay hated star trek. turns out it's a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyF-ik2Cteg

lol

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

YESSS next on my list is where the Doctor freaks out because he saved Harry instead of the sexy bitch and his memory was erased

seriously i dont know if im hosed up for liking this show but god drat i remember sitting down every week with my mom to watch

e: does anyone remember the episode "Tsunkatse" where The Rock actually gives the People's Eyebrow before the opening credits?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wasn't there an episode where they have Tuvok time travel to be Kirks man servant?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm watching The Island and Neelix just showed up!

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

there was a behind the scenes featurette in the dvd following Ethan Phillips for a typical day of filming and it has him showing up at like 4 in the morning to have his makeup applied. He's funny as hell during the whole thing, and by the time they get his forehead prosthesis applied, he is saying to the camera that he has been sitting there having his makeup applied for 26 hours and he's got 10 more to go before he can start shooting.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

NoneSuch posted:

I'm watching The Island and Neelix just showed up!

Neelix is also a random security guard who gets mind-controlled into killing himself in The Shadow. That dude pops up everywhere if you look for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
remember when Hoshi Sato and T'Pol got quarantined in sick bay in their underwear and had to rub lotion all over each other

I masturbated while watching that scene

• Locked thread