Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/tube-adventure-game/

There is so much to do, so much to see, so feel free to share any secrets/high scores/ranks you get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
I got achievements and modern gaming tells me this is pinnacle of video gaming existence so I think I won! I am a sexy player!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I was being very stubborn and kept jumping into that locked tube. I was happy with the result.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Anybody figured out the Maniac Mansion code yet? I think that might have been the funniest reference in the game, I laughed for a good minute after ruining everything.

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Mr. Maltose posted:

Anybody figured out the Maniac Mansion code yet? I think that might have been the funniest reference in the game, I laughed for a good minute after ruining everything.

there are actually about 7 codes, three of which do nothing special and the other three take you into special game modes. Looking at twitter/tumblr, a number of people have actually found some of them! There's just one they haven't found yet, but I'll wait and see.

Shmorky fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 15, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When I click on that link it takes me to a 404 error page

EDIT: not any more!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 15, 2013

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Happy End? What the hell is Happy End?!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Shmorky posted:

there are actually about 6 codes, three of which do nothing special and the other three take you into special game modes. Looking at twitter/tumblr, a number of people have actually found some of them! There's just one they haven't found yet, but I'll wait and see.

One of the obvious ones is 666, which was actually pretty creepy!

And great job, Shmorky!

EDIT:

Gags:

Nothing:
Doubles of any number
seven-ate-nine
9000 and 9001
I'll do anything to avoid
working on my final projects

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 15, 2013

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

GANDHITRON posted:

One of the obvious ones is 666, which was actually pretty creepy!

And great job, Shmorky!

EDIT:
69 and 123 lead to gags. I also tried seven-ate-nine, 9000, 9001, and 411?8, to no effect, although the last three may indicate some codes going beyond three digits.
:420:

Multiple combinations give "CUTE GUESS" and "WRONG" messages, and you definitely don't want the latter!

:aaaaa: 256 :aaaaa:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 15, 2013

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM
I meant to say there are about seven codes. There might be doubles or four digit ones that don't do anything because of a programming oversight (that I'm not going to fix because that keypad was a pain in the rear end...) BUT there is still a set of seven codes. Three just give you a message and don't change the game. The other four give different modes. People on twitter finally got the last one once I gave a hint.

There's still more stuff that is just simply hidden in the code. I want it that way so that anyone that tries to hack/decompile the flash will get little rewards for their efforts.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
Was that David Duchovny's severed head in the cupboard?

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
I haven't had this much fun since Tub Adventure.

And I enjoy Shmorky's glitches.

Chaohord
May 26, 2013

GET OUT OF OUR CODE YOU FILTHY HACKERS 8-)
That H20 Entertainment reference caught me way off-guard.

Never change, Shmorky.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Shmorky said on his Tumblr that given enough money and time, he would gladly make a game like this but ten times as big.

I'm not going bother asking you guys whether you'd give money to a Shmorky Kickstarter. I'm asking you guys how much money you'd give to a Shmorky Kickstarter.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 16, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Escaped into space, money well spent.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Shmorky that was goddamn beautiful and I swear if you ever made a full adventure game or some poo poo and put it on Steam I would loving buy that poo poo day one full price, super collector's edition.

EDIT: I mean okay I actually probably wouldn't. But I'd still buy it at some point.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 19, 2013

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Wow, the music that plays when you get the "wrong" code... so much nostalgia but I have no idea from what exactly. I haven't even played that many old adventure games.

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 19, 2013

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Flying-PCP posted:

Wow, the music that plays when you get the "wrong" code... so much nostalgia but I have no idea from what exactly. I haven't even played that many old adventure games.

The Commodore 64 game over for Maniac Mansion. No other version sounds like it. It's so plunky.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
911 doesn't work :911:

otherwise a fantastic game!

edit: when does the strategy guide come out?

Freakazoid_ fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 19, 2013

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Freakazoid_ posted:

edit: when does the strategy guide come out?

I'm really hoping someone else makes one first! I'd love to see people collaborate on finding every secret hidden in the game. Discovery is more fun that way.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
My favorite thing is what the little chef guy in the glitch zone says when you click on him enough.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
It was literally unbearable to play, much less listen and look at, this unfunny collection of video game references and epic random.

RedAce
Oct 7, 2006
Gravity sucks. Hard.
Loved it, Shmorks! I particularly enjoyed the wizard's facial expressions when you get the apple and he's trying to think of something to give you. Also the question mark tube was a good 8 minutes of my life well spent.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
That "outer space" tune is now the #1 club jam in Poland.

btw is that you saying "breakfast!" or did you have a voice actor in for that?

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008
Why oh why did I put 666 into the keypad?

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

gnarlyhotep posted:

That "outer space" tune is now the #1 club jam in Poland.

btw is that you saying "breakfast!" or did you have a voice actor in for that?

my voice is nowhere near that deep. That's from Wario's Woods on the SNES when you get the egg. I don't know why they say breakfast (eggs are for breakfast?)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
What's the music from the tube select screen? It sounds really familiar. Something from Pac-Man 2 maybe?

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's the music from the tube select screen? It sounds really familiar. Something from Pac-Man 2 maybe?

That one is an original by forums user Scattered Brain. It's called Ballroom Byte and may have been in The 'Tub before.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This is some funny poo poo right here, son.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I got 420 , 666 ,and 256 for the extra game modes. What am I missing?

Shmorky, your work is wonderful, but also hell for completionists.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Pretty good game. Not gonna 100% it though. I liked the sandwich.

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
My score is 0118999881999119725...3

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Yo, who made the music for the third pipe? I quite like it. The music for the duel with the dragon why the gently caress am I putting this is spoilers I mean geez it's just a lovely flash game is very good as well.

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

tinkerttoy posted:

Yo, who made the music for the third pipe? I quite like it. The music for the duel with the dragon why the gently caress am I putting this is spoilers I mean geez it's just a lovely flash game is very good as well.

the music for the third pipe was also hurtdeer/crok. The secret music for the third pipe is by Chinese Tony Danza. The boss battle music is by Probz, who does most of the simple loops you hear in this game as well as the Flash Tub.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Can we just get a .zip of the music :filez:?

Mydonos
May 27, 2013

Very nice op congz.

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
nm I thought I had new codes but I'm dumb and wrong

op this is a really fun game

Internet Cliche fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 22, 2014

AlphaNiner
Aug 10, 2013

I have reached enlightenment, thank you bacon!
I'm a loving wizard!

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

I finally got around to playing this thing to completion. Had myself a good time. :)

Seriously, if you made a large full-size game exactly like this and sold it on Steam (like Newgrounds' Castle Crashers did) I'd totally buy that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
What a wonderful game. I read every book cover and defeated the machines many times and was destroyed by the machines many times and the pretty ladies said so many mean things to me. Lots of great animation to be found throughout. Excellent work!

e:

Still trying to figure out what the last one could be...

Failed attempts:
800, 513 (would not let me continue to spell boobs/boobies)

RAGE HOLE fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 8, 2014

• Locked thread