Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I gotta say, that was one helluva PPV! Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Good PPVs from both camps. Really looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

Really liked the idea of Mankind going over the Warrior.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I think the fans should bring WEAPONS!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Q7kid posted:

Showcase main event for the new number-one contender, which incidentally was the highest-rated match on the card from a crowd reaction standpoint and our highest-rated TV main event ever.

yeah SO WHAT THE IWC DON'T LIKE IT

also, do you guys have Surfer Sting or Crow Sting?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Q7kid posted:

He remains Surfer Sting.

WOOOOO WOW WHAT A GREAT A MAIN EVENT!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

going with WWF, haven't been a big fan of WCW's mudslinging with James + James.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I just like that both sides are trying new things, especially the fact that neither are really reaching for low-hanging fruit. For WCW, instead of nWo, you have the New Four Horsemen featuring The Outsiders and Hogan becoming delusional and turning heel that way. For WWF, instead of Austin 3:16, there's the Two-Man Power Trip.

The Money in The Bank idea sounded cool but it's a shame it didn't get bigger ratings. I'm hoping for an Urn-on-a-pole match ;)

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Call Mean Gene's Hotline, I'm sure he's got the scoops.

(Funny side note, in 1992 Violent J, despite disliking his actual musical style, paid Kid Rock to appear on Insane Clown Posse's first album in attempt to get it more attention. So in our universe while ICP is selling more albums than ever and getting hired as real life WWF superstars, Kid Rock is mopping floors and now might never make anything out of himself because someone else is using his stage name)

1998, a lawsuit is brought against WCW for copyright infringement. Turns out WCW forgot to copyright te name KID Rock in 1996 and so the music artist Kid Rock does and claims WCW has stolen it from him. It is settled out of court but now WCW's Kid Rock is known as Kid Rocknrolla and is a Judas Priest knockoff.

I am the Nostradamus of wrestling.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Big props to WCW's writers on Sting's promo. That poo poo was HEAVY

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

YO everyone wants to know... When WCW MONDAY NITRO SPRING BREAK OUT is gonna happen and are we gonna get the pool ring ?!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

Just posting to chime in on the gently caress :canada: sentiment. They buy tickets to our shows and then sit on their hands for the whole show. We can't clone Bret Hart 20 times and then have him run the whole show, you rear end in a top hat canucks!

Maybe we should try to hire Tie Domi and train him to wrestle

Get Rick Mercer on commentary.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Another thumbs-up to WCW. Everything up to and including Fall Brawl was awesome. The following Nitro was good too and set up some storylines that I am looking forward to. I'm interested in seeing how you handle the nWo.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

YO i think time travel will be awesome! I recall that one E-Fed LP from long ago when there were several new feds doing different things, like a revived WCW Nitro ran by Chris Jericho and Lance Storm as well as a fed where Vince Russon went crazy, summoned the Undertaker and caused a zombie apocalypse. I loved that over-the-top stuff that can be done with fictional wrestling and I look forward to seeing if the same will go for this.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Hey I'll jump into the WCW writers room. I would be interested in writing a few promos and anything else that needs a bit of writing. How can I get in on this?

Also, I'm pretty good with photoshop and I can definitely whip up some sweet posters for WCW!

Der-Wreck fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 7, 2014

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

...oh really? :colbert:

YAH REALLY

you live up to yer name... YOU STINK!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

:smithicide:

I just wanted to see some of your work. Didn't have to get personal.

aw geeze, i'm only joking skunkrocker, i liked yer stuff! I meant no hard feelings... but I've had a rough time with skunks in the past so I got a bit fired up. Your Hogan Vs. Savage poster was really neat.

you live up to the other part of yer name... YOU ROCK!

I will certainly upload some of my work soon! I'm at work right now but I'll try to by end of day.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

sk posted:

what a terrible shoot this is

SK there's few letters missing from yer name... UC cause... cause YOU SUCK

alright alright enough shooting, here's a bit of my work. Had it uploaded elsewhere so I'll post it now. I'll have some more stuff on the way.

WCW... you want posters? big poppa derk got yer hookup HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

Der-Wreck fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 7, 2014

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Here's my poster for Halloween Havoc.

Haven't heard whether we're using it or not for the PPV but I just want to show it off.

I feel like you would see this advertised in a 90's Marvel comic... I got mine in the October '96 issue of Amazing Spider-man... with the variant cover :smug:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

triplexpac posted:

The eyes in the background aren't centered over the logo, 2/10 :colbert:

poo poo

it was getting late so I didn't notice... until it was too late

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

See, this is why I show the team the poster first and then let them critique it before it gets posted so WWF has no way to talk bad about the artwork. :smug:

I did show the poster in IRC and posted it on Google docs but nobody said anything :smith:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I don't what stinks more! Edge or the entire show!

PU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Great White Hope posted:

Why do you keep putting him in segments if you know he's going to bomb? :psyduck:

They're building him up for his next gimmick...

Adam... BOMB

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

We got pre-empted due to the Eastmiser Cat Show.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

triplexpac posted:

The bear is set to win the title any day now anyway, so don't worry WWF will have a dominant champion soon enough.

Just as long as you follow the bear necessities when booking him.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

im out.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

drat good show, fellas! Loved what you did with the Hennig/Hogan match, that was wicked.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

in this game's reality, does Lenny Lane still have Chris Jericho's Loverboy tapes?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

If WCW needs a hand, I'd be willing to jump back in and lend one. I can help write a few segments.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

HEY YO i just wanna mention, as one of the current writers of WCW, Clash of The Champions was one of my most favorite PPVs to write. I know it's a little long but I think it's a pretty dang good read and if was a legit PPV, you'd be on the edge of yer seat!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

c'mon, neighbour! We're all waiting for Big Scotty's BIG PUSH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I absolutely love the ULTIMATE LAWYER gimmick and have been having a blast writing his promos when I get the chance. The whole storyline with Regal is great.

As for WWF, I really dig your feud between Taz and Money Inc. having Taz as a small house on fire, running roughshod on all of DiBiase's giants is cool and a good way to build him up as a badass.

• Locked thread