Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
B 2
Why have negotiations with Austria when you can just annex them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
B 1

Also, is the flavour in the game supposed to reek of conceit to fit in with the period or what?

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
B 1

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Also, is the flavour in the game supposed to reek of conceit to fit in with the period or what?

Most Paradox games do that.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
B-2

Because I said so

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
B2 because you said we should vote this way if we hate you.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Icecream Jane posted:

Good enough for me. B2

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Icecream Jane posted:

Welp, There can be no other choice then.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

A 1

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
code:
A	10
B	21

1	14
2	17
code:
Fister Roboto	B1
SickZip	B1
BBJoey	A1
Caustic Soda	B1
sureaboutthatthing	A1
Luhood	A2
Pimpmust	B1
Veloxyll	A1
Rumda	B2
YF-23	A1
The Sandman	B1
Gantolandon	B2
Cythereal	A2
RabidWeasel	B2
Blackstone	B2
TheMcD	A1
SirPhoebos	B2
BrooklynBruiser	A2
ZearothK	B2
Baelish	B2
DerLeo	A1
Civilized Fishbot	B2
Ofaloaf	B2
Aeromancia	B2
Deceitful Penguin	B1
Bishop Rodan	B1
Minister Robathan	B2
Icecream Jane	B2
Sniper4625	B2
Brutus "Caesar" Salad	B2
Fuilign 	A1

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Thanks, Sniper! Vote's open until...9PM Eastern.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Voting for B, mainly because Austria (whilst still a fantastically capable kingdom etc etc) is blocking us from both a warm water port and from the ability to forge our own destiny, it is much too likely that we will be co-opted into their bulk than the reverse.

And I say that we should allow the people a voice, in this way we may have to put up with some irritations, but it will mean a stronger country our men will fight on the front lines knowing that they are not solely doing so at our kings behest.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Well, from the looks of it, I hope people like being a democracy by 1860, because that's what we could very well be heading towards.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

TheMcD posted:

Well, from the looks of it, I hope people like being a democracy by 1860, because that's what we could very well be heading towards.

We'll aim to be a constitutional Monarchy instead. That way we can keep our princes around.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Josef bugman posted:

We'll aim to be a constitutional Monarchy instead. That way we can keep our princes around.

Not if we're going to allow people to revolt, because Jacobin are never happy unless they're a democracy and will continually revolt to reach that goal.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

TheMcD posted:

And then an Absolute Monarchy again after the reactionary White Guard marches on Munich, and then a Bourgeois Dictatorship the following year when the Citizen Guard marches in. A policy of capitulating to whatever armed group wants to run Bavaria should be fun.

Gnooble
Sep 29, 2010

Commander, make full speed to JP1 and activate your active sensor to keep watch for any unauthorized transits.
B-1 Stability is a good thing, but Austria must be destroyed!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Patter Song posted:

And then an Absolute Monarchy again after the reactionary White Guard marches on Munich, and then a Bourgeois Dictatorship the following year when the Citizen Guard marches in. A policy of capitulating to whatever armed group wants to run Bavaria should be fun.

Oh sush, we aren't going to have that... probably.

Just going the opposite way to Maximum Hitler doesn't mean it will loop back round again. Right?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Patter Song posted:

It's not my fault you made such a good argument for not shooting rebels :colbert:

Besides, this is punishment for not just doing a Zulu game straight up. Live by the goonmind, die by the goonmind.

HottiePippen
Nov 5, 2013

B1! Rule with an iron grip!

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
B-2 As it is the correct option.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
B-1

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Oh sush, we aren't going to have that... probably.

Just going the opposite way to Maximum Hitler doesn't mean it will loop back round again. Right?

Just see RL France which switched through every form of government imaginable (except Proletarian Dictatorship). It went from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy, revolutionary republic, an empire, an absolute monarchy under Bourbons, a constitutional monarchy under Louis-Phillippe, a republic, an empire under Napoleon III, then a republic again. It stayed like this pretty long until WWII, when it briefly experimented with being a puppet fascist dictatorship.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gantolandon posted:

Just see RL France which switched through every form of government imaginable (except Proletarian Dictatorship). It went from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy, revolutionary republic, an empire, an absolute monarchy under Bourbons, a constitutional monarchy under Louis-Phillippe, a republic, an empire under Napoleon III, then a republic again. It stayed like this pretty long until WWII, when it briefly experimented with being a puppet fascist dictatorship.

Even after that, it tried being a Parliamentary-led Republic again, then found that that wasn't working and switched to a Republic with the Presidency firmly in the driver's seat.

EDIT: I wonder...if German Pan-Nationalists take Munich once we're a GP, can we be offered a crown out of our own gutter?

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 23, 2013

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Despite that we have a prime minister.

He's basically an extra fuse for the president.

Also since the president is supposed to represent the will of the people, he was on a different election cycle than the parliament to show he was supposed to be above all that politicking but that was changed around 10 years back to have the two elections the same years with the same mandate length.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 23, 2013

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Patter Song posted:

EDIT: I wonder...if German Pan-Nationalists take Munich once we're a GP, can we be offered a crown out of our own gutter?

I think it would simply go over to Prussia by default.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Even if we out-GP Prussia?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheMcD posted:

I think it would simply go over to Prussia by default.

NGF gets first dibs, but AI has like a 90% chance of saying no to Crown from the Gutter, after which it asks any other GPs in the cultural sphere. I'm not sure that includes the country that had the revolt, though.

For that matter, what if NGF was overthrown by German Pan-Nats? Would they be offered a crown out of the gutter of Berlin?

BTW, I have the game open, so if anyone has any questions about anything in the game world (like what reforms a country has, what its economy is like, etc.) feel free to ask.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

SIGSEGV posted:

Even if we out-GP Prussia?

I think it's impossible for the country that rebels take over to be the one to lead the union, seeing how the whole thing is about rebels storming the government and asking for another GP to step in, take the crown and annex them. Although I'm not sure - would it be possible to simply try it out?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Things I've found out by poking around a bit...as far as I can tell we have the second-fastest research speed in the world (our northern neighbor NGF has 24 research points, we have 23, I can't find anyone else with over 20). EDIT: Our neighbor Wurtemburg is roughly keeping pace with us, it also has 23. They're also more progressive than we are...Wealth voting as opposed to our Weighted Wealth.

In terms of crises, all is calm from Dan to Beersheba. No potential flashpoint is particularly restless, though the Ottomans have an "at war" modifier calming its public down that will go away once they're finished crushing Egypt.

Quite a few countries, including Austria, the Netherlands, and Sweden, never bothered to research Medicine. This is a very bad idea.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 23, 2013

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
B 2

Let's try for a greater South Germany that's the exact opposite of Prussia in terms of its politics.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

B 1

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
B2

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

B 2 because why not? It'll be interesting.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B-2
The Revolution will be civilized.

Duane Walker
Sep 10, 2010
B. 2.

Bayerischen über alles!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Vote closes at the end of the hour. Looking like the B2s are going to have it, but you never know!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A2

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Vote's closed. According to Sniper4625, the final count is:

A 11
B 30

1 17
2 24

So we are officially adopting a policy where any armed group can march into Munich and take control of the affairs of state, and we are going to prioritize the destruction and incorporation of Austria over forming a lesser SGF.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Patter Song posted:

So we are officially adopting a policy where any armed group can march into Munich and take control of the affairs of state, and we are going to prioritize the destruction and incorporation of Austria over forming a lesser SGF.

Spectacular. I hope the fires of München are going to make a great backdrop as we fiddle to the demise of our country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

You guys really want a Zulu game don't you.

• Locked thread