Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I vote Johore, and if I'm allowed a backup, Austria, as I'm very interested in a Johore game but also think Austria is a good way to show off Victoria 2.

Whatever happened to Iron Cross?! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

A1

Yeah, those events can be killer if you're taking out loans, but they're also kinda bugged. Basically they can get you to default even if you could loan the amount to cover it. Usually reload when that happens just because it's so crippling.

The bugs in Victoria 2 that still exist really got to me in my recent games. Between that and the combat system still being bugged from EU3: In Nomine, despite being almost fixed in EU4, it drives me nuts.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

Ehh? What combat system bugs are these?

(Note that the latest Victoria 2 expansion came out some time before EU4, so there's no reason that fixes in the latter should be in the former.)

Invincible regiments occasionally appear, including to the point where you literally can't attack enemy artillery, so you're taking casualties while they just shrug it off.. armies with artillery generally being unable to be wiped. These are things Johan had me sending him save games for back in In Nomine, and still seeing it in Vicky 2 is just kind of frustrating. It happens seemingly randomly.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Patter Song posted:

Why would we want to be Germany? We'd be overwhelmed by depressingly killjoy Protestants.

Seriously, I don't intend to form Germany...we're not Germany, we're South German Federation.

Look I don't think you realize pretty borders okay?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

And with Health Care Reform passed, we've won. Good job, Patter Song.

All kidding aside, I find it worrying how low our industrial score is compared to the Northern Jerks. It doesn't bode well for Brother's War 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

A1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

I would really, really like to know the root cause for that bug.

They probably had it assign starting prestige as a for loop from start to finish w/countries, just as a placeholder until they developed a better system.

• Locked thread