Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I think it was this one:

https://screen.yahoo.com/delinquent-girl-teen-gang-000000400.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I never much cared for Armisen on SNL, but I started watching Portlandia lately, and it's hilarious! I know so many people like the characters he and Carrie Brownstein play, which helps, but he's truly great on that show. It's weird, because he made me cringe almost every time he showed up on SNL, especially as Garth and Kat with Wiig.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

especially as Garth and Kat with Wiig.

Is that when he and Wiig would sing bullshit songs off the tops of their heads, pretending that they were written beforehand? I actually kind of liked that.

Also, when he played the blind governor (or mayor? I don't know, I'm not from New York), he was great.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

That is indeed the one I was talking about. I loving love that skit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The third week's guest has been announced:

Bill Hader.

:woop:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Pinwiz11 posted:

Bill Hader.

hooooooly shiiiiit [assload of emoticons like the vince mcmahon one and the football guy]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In other news, Darrell Hammond will take over as announcer.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Relieved to see he won't be doing an impression as I initially worried. Also glad to see Hammond is still working, his book made things sound pretty terrible.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pinwiz11 posted:

Thank god I thought for a while there he might be in the same suicide death cult as Robin Williams, Lauren Bacall, and Joan Rivers.

Seriously though, that is a great loving pick and I hope he's dealing with or has dealt with his depression.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pinwiz11 posted:

Bill Hader.

gently caress.

YES.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Darrell Hammond gave a good interview on fresh air a few years back, he had a pretty wild background and was hallucinating while cutting himself backstage between sketches:

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/07/141990958/snls-darrell-hammond-reveals-cutting-abuse

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

SymfonyMan posted:

Thank god I thought for a while there he might be in the same suicide death cult as Robin Williams, Lauren Bacall, and Joan Rivers.

Seriously though, that is a great loving pick and I hope he's dealing with or has dealt with his depression.
I'd imagine that writing his book was good therapy, on top of, last time I checked, him having everything pretty well balanced with help from medication.

I was hoping for Hammond and I'm glad they've snagged him not just because this increases the chances of him taking part in sketches, but because he actually does have a good announcer voice -- although, I can't think of any specific times he actually did announcement work. There were some game shows in there for sure. Can anyone think of specific introductions he did in his voice?

pwn
May 27, 2004

That's... expectedly unexpected.

Doctor Candiru posted:

I was hoping for Hammond and I'm glad they've snagged him not just because this increases the chances of him taking part in sketches, but because he actually does have a good announcer voice -- although, I can't think of any specific times he actually did announcement work. There were some game shows in there for sure. Can anyone think of specific introductions he did in his voice?
Yeah my dumb stupid fat brain is also failing to pull up specific examples. I can hear his cheerful cadence in a commercial parody, but can't remember which one. I thought Cracklin Oat Flakes, but that sounds like Higgins. :(

edit edit the edit: Have it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkeg1M6ppZM

And you'll find
You'll be ravin'
I also contain
Sixteen essential vitamins
And riboflavin~

pwn fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 18, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pryor on Fire posted:

Darrell Hammond gave a good interview on fresh air a few years back, he had a pretty wild background and was hallucinating while cutting himself backstage between sketches:

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/07/141990958/snls-darrell-hammond-reveals-cutting-abuse

Holy poo poo. :stare:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Yeah man, that's the suicide death cult stuff I was talking about. He was not a happy camper during some of those years on SNL. :( Some would go on to say he didn't even own a camper.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Second week's musical guest is Maroon 5, third week is Hozier.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Has anyone ever found the What's the Best Way skit online? I have never been able to find it. That or We Are the Kickers.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
It's that time of year, gotta get ready for more Saturday! Here's a preview:

Just a note: This week's thread will probably be a bit morose, to account for Pardo leaving. :(

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 21, 2014

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mo0 posted:

It's that time of year, gotta get ready for more Saturday! Here's a preview:

Just a note: This week's thread will probably be a bit morose, to account for Pardo leaving. :(
couple things. 1, you should stick with all caps, and 2, SNL 40 logo. Seen here on a box of shotglasses.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I don't know who Ariana Grande is, but she looks like she's 12 years old.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So is Darrell Hammond gonna start being in skits and doing impressions again?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Haven't heard anything along those lines, yet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

OldSenileGuy posted:

I don't know who Ariana Grande is, but she looks like she's 12 years old.

She's the latest teen star turned pop star from one of those terrible Disney or Nickelodeon sitcoms.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Kenan will be leaving at the end of this season.

Apparently it's his choice, it's on good terms, he's lined up his own show, and he actually was planning to quit after the end of the last season but Lorne convinced him to stay since they want the new cast to get more of a foothold.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat, I'm sad.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

What's up with that.

:colbert:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

IN-CRE-A-BLE!

I'm legitimately excited for his victory lap sketches this season.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Bobby Moynihan will be the longest serving cast member :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

blunt posted:

Bobby Moynihan will be the longest serving cast member :psyduck:

Even more than Tim Meadows?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Even more than Tim Meadows?

I should have said remaining cast member. This will be his 7th season, after that Killam and Pharoah are on their 5th.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

raditts posted:

She's the latest teen star turned pop star from one of those terrible Disney or Nickelodeon sitcoms.

And she sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen, so it'll be interesting to see how things go with her this week. Also, with Pratt hosting this week, we're practically guaranteed an Amy Poehler appearance, aren't we?

Shame about Kenan leaving, but he certainly put in his time. I wonder how much of a career he'll have post-SNL.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

JazzFlight posted:

What's up with that.

:colbert:

We better get at least one more of these.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

If it happens, it will probably be when Bill Hader hosts.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GreenNight posted:

If it happens, it will probably be when Bill Hader hosts.

Jason Sudeikis had better make a cameo if that happens. It just wouldn't be the same without him.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/kenan-thompson-may-not-be-leaving-saturday-night-live-snl.html?mid=facebook_vulture

An SNL spokesperson is denying that Kenan is leaving.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Jost loving sucks, wtf

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I saw this article this morning. Apologies if this is old new to everyone but it was new to me.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/09/24/james-franco-snl-documentary/

I'm excited to see it, I had no idea the documentary existed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

insideoutsider posted:

I saw this article this morning. Apologies if this is old new to everyone but it was new to me.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/09/24/james-franco-snl-documentary/

I'm excited to see it, I had no idea the documentary existed.

When I clicked your link, I hoped that's what it was. I've waited literally years for this to come out, checking iMDB every so often to see if there was a distribution I missed. Great news.

pwn
May 27, 2004

First Vintage SNL is Richard Pryor/Gil Scott Heron. And next week is Christopher Walken/Christina Aguilera from 2000.

If they're not broadcast in chronological order, it's much less noticeable when you skip "certain" years...

Would be cooler, since they're having some alumni host, to run an ep from the host's time. A show from 1993 with Sarah Silverman would go nice with her hosting

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jan Hooks died :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/09/jan-hooks-dead-dies_n_5961882.html?1412891938&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Honestly, I think she was extremely underrated. Since she was paired often with Phil Hartman (on SNL and elsewhere), I don't think she really got over his death. Also, looking at her when she was on 30 Rock, that doesn't surprise me as well.

• Locked thread