Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

SubponticatePoster posted:

I do play from time to time on PS if you want to (attempt to) group up. PSN is MosquitoJones. If you send a friend invite add you're a goon so I don't mistake you for a random weirdo; I'll know you're a specific weirdo :v:

Sent you a request. Also if there are other PS5 DayZ goons I'm VocallyToxic on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

burexas.irom posted:

Sent you a request. Also if there are other PS5 DayZ goons I'm VocallyToxic on PSN.
Ok, I'll add you. Will be on PS tonight but playing SP games while I make dinner n' stuff. If I see you're on I'll jump in.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
To the new generation of DayZ players, you must gather to kill bambies in Berezino and print out your maps on paper. This is the way.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Kids these days! they just press m!

chernarus should be procedurally regenerated by a mapmaking ai every few months, that'd bring back the feeling

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I can still get lost in the woods, but I agree that once decent random generated maps are a thing games will be neat

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I think the only part of the map I could get lost in is in the far north where they added stuff since release. Chernarus is like home and being home just doesn’t feel right without the crew.

My SA name doesn’t match the names I’ve used but I’m “IamAhnuld” and was half of the team that did the thunderdome goon video way back in what, 2015? I’ve been divorced, remarried and am up to four kids since then.

It’s wild to me that this game is still a thing, hope y’all are good. :3

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

The correct way to play DayZ is with so many teammates that someone inevitably shoots a friendly several times per hour.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Who’s that by the tree? Wiggle!!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

tehinternet posted:

Who’s that by the tree? Wiggle!!

map rustling intensifies

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Is that you?!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Open Layer posted:

Is that you?!

Yeah it’s me

*headshot sound*

*black screen*

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Goon wiggle!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why does my mouth taste funny?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Some bleach will fix that right up!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

tehinternet posted:

Some bleach will fix that right up!

I think it's actually still possible to make players drink gasoline. You can fill water bottles with it.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Nice piece of fish posted:

I think it's actually still possible to make players drink gasoline. You can fill water bottles with it.

Why would you, an upstanding British gentleman, know such things?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you can also feed people human flesh when they aren't looking then they just start giggling from kuru later in their run

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Oi don’t you mean petrol, guvnah?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The in-joke is that I force fed tehinternet tincture or something while he was sniping someone. He was super proud of himself, and then yelled goddamnit why does my mouth taste funny? And rage quit. One of the best goon gaming moments ever.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

tehinternet posted:

Oi don’t you mean petrol, guvnah?

Not in Isle of Man.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Game is pretty okay now, although it helps doing some research on survival strategies and mechanics in game rn. Died a lot to the environment before I learned knives then a lot to players once I survived a bit longer.

How prevalent is hacking on official now?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Reddit posts about hackers a lot, I haven't encountered any recently but that's probably because I'm never geared enough to bother to hack.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I haven't played on official servers in years I like namalsk though

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I haven't played on official servers in years I like namalsk though

Uhh does namalsk have like a weird storm thing going on? Because I played on a hardcore server that definitely has that and it kills you. I should probably play Namalsk more.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I just wana throw it out there I play on Playstation on server 8342. its an offical lavoina server and I've been established there for a few months.

I dont have a set schedule that I play but I'm willing to part with some of this loot to make room for I guess more stuff. I got some extra guns but I'm low on ammo. what I have a poo poo ton of is grenades. I can definitely pop some small bases.

if your ever in the Wrzeszcz area maybe we can meet up. PSN zooted_heh. let me know if your a goon so I dont accidentally get killed by you!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Uhh does namalsk have like a weird storm thing going on? Because I played on a hardcore server that definitely has that and it kills you. I should probably play Namalsk more.

yeah there's a whole alien lore thing with a mission to do and stuff, but I just gear up and head south to get into scraps I've never done the stuff

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

yeah there's a whole alien lore thing with a mission to do and stuff, but I just gear up and head south to get into scraps I've never done the stuff

Ugh. Well, it was at least atmospheric I'll give them that.

Still struggling with the time investment playing this. Maybe sniping bere is better.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah I just gently caress around in coastal towns when I'm soloing, the time investment to go inland isn't worth it when there's plenty to kill and steal on the coast.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Yeah there is. When you hear the thunder starting, plan on finding a place indoors. When indoors, all the storm does is knock you out, if you are outdoors it also takes half your health.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm getting the "server unreachable" everywhere. I've tried all the normal tricks like verifying the cache etc.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Sometimes it needs a reinstall. Game never lost its jank charm.

I'm loving around in coastal cities and getting myself killed on official in US NY 6032 for 3PP and US NY 6053 for 1st person if you want to play. I'm trying to shotgun beanbag people without hurting them and then leave them naked and handcuffed or tied up with barbed wire so they bleed if they struggle. All the necessary supplies for the mission are right on the coast, but I could always use a hand. I think with help or a little more luck I could be feeding one pubbie to another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
sometimes they come back and you can feed them to themselves