Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Great elektrostomp tonight, goons! We killed at least ten or fifteen people. Not bad.

I'm waiting for the server to eat my character though, I've had the same guy for three days now.

On another note, healthy status is amazing, I was shot twice and just bandaged up and was healthy again inside of five minutes. Eat everything, all the time. Drink up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Baby Cakes posted:

Carrying a Bible should block one shot at random but destroy the Bible.

Actually knew someone in high school who was shot by his mom and literally saved by the bible.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Nice piece of fish posted:

^^^ I have it on goon authority that if you walk uphill you're going north.

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92562]In Florida, or does this happen a lot in the US?

Haha, yeah, that's it!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

^^^ poo poo, I think I did it 6 times. Brb, drinking water till I vomit.

I was honestly expecting the answer to be that this happens a lot in the US.

So this has me thinking that we should do Jehovah's Witness roleplay and go around handing out bibles and anyone who doesn't take one gets sent to hell by a well placed sniper.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

When the devs decided that in order to combat the kill on sight "sniping" from 300+ meters, they'd make the guns have hilariously bad spreads.

Day Z: REALISM (only if it is unfun and tedious as gently caress)

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Berezino or maybe Balota?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

An organized squad of five guys in uniform (all wearing press jackets and carrying M4s) was sitting south of Solnichy, killing fresh spawns. After I spawned there multiple times doing my best Mike Tyson roleplay and failing completely thanks to loving motorcycle helmets, I called the goons from Kamy. The pubbies were then surrounded and murdered over the course of half an hour. Behold our work.

Excuse the gamma jack:

Day Z at it's finest. Wonderful work.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 17, 2014

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Seems like it's yet another case of them trying to push back against any kind of PvP.

I have to wonder who they are making this game for, because a lot, if not most, of the people who enjoyed DayZ The Mod were bloodthirsty bandits. Care bear hiking simulator seems like it is missing the point

There's going to be an SKS in the game, so there will be plenty of blood.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

No, you have to eat and drink everything you find constantly. You can "store" energy (food) and water, so you just stuff your face with everything you can, stop before you vomit. Seriously, don't even carry food, just eat it all like a 300lb goon.

Keep one piece of "seasoned" (see: poisoned) fruit on you in case you get got. It's a great parting gift.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Spray some with disinfectant and try it for yourself!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I like to let Bambis go for 200m or so, then put one in the back of their head. It's a wonderful feeling to give joy and snatch it away.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

explosivo posted:

Is Devil's Castle worth looting in SA yet?

Castles don't spawn anything good.

When do we get server wide chat? I loved posting up in Rog and announcing "travel advisories".

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Sometimes... sometimes in this glorious running simulator we call Day Z, something... magical happens.

Today, a group of ten or so goons were patrolling the eastern coast and decided to head to Berezino. We sated our thirst for blood with six pubbie kills. We then server hopped from the green houses on the south end of Berezino, now only a group of six. A group of six pubbies had claimed the construction site. Two of us fled to the trees where we took sniper fire and returned it to the construction site, trying to buy time for the other four to flank along the north. I died. Turtle dad, my sniper friend died. I had killed one on the fourth floor turtle had killed one on the third. The flanking group ran into a stranger along the way and killed him. They reached the stairs and met their end after taking two more out.

The pubbies emerged victorious.

...so they thought.

Little did they know that in the time I died, I had spawned on another server, planning to avenge my friends with naught but my fists. I reached the construction site and the clouds parted. The LORD spoke:

"I BEQUEATH UNTO THEE THIS FIRE AXE; GO FORTH AND DO MY WORK"

I accepted the LORD'S gift and jumped back to the server that had been our demise.

The black screen fades away. I hear groans of pain.

I pull out THE LORD'S GIFT and round the corner into the stairwell:

WHAP WHAP WHAP

Fueled with righteous fury I begin to sing in local chat: "GAWWWWD BLESS AMERICUHHHHH,"

one naked Bambi

WHAP WHAP WHAP

"LAAAAAAAAND THAT I LOOOOOOVE,"

one geared pubbie

WHAP WHAP WHAP

"STAND BESIDERRRRRRR"

another geared pubbie

WHAP WHAP WHAP

"AND HIGHERRRRRR SOMETHING SOMETHINGGGGG"

another fully kitted pubbie comes up the stairs

WHAP WHAP WHAP

"SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHINGGGGGGGG AMEN"

The LORD's work was done, my brothers avenged.

I accepted the LORD's gift with humility. I descended the stairs to check the third floor. BANG BANG HISS HISS HISS I begin to bleed. A final pubbie, hiding in the northern corner of the third floor. I run to him, only to find that this is a corpse! I am still being fired upon by a heathen, a heathen prone next to the doorway to the stairway I had just came from! I turn- HISS HISS HISS- and weave -HISS HISS CRACK HISS- and turn -HISS CRACK HISS- I'm almost there LORD, let me finish your work- HISS HISS HISS- WHAP WHAP WHAP-

The screen goes dark.

I am unconscious. "I have done my best to work thy will, LORD. Your faithful servant comes ever homeward."

I await the final blow to send me back to the LORD.

I am unconscious.

"LORD, why do you torment your servant so? Did I not please thee?"

I am unconscious.

"LORD?"

"LORD...?"

"LORD, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN THEE?"

THE LORD IS GOOD. AMEN.

tl;dr: goons got wiped and I axed the gently caress out of the five dudes that wiped us out and lived.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 19, 2014

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Badfinger posted:

Bullshit we got wiped. Way to embellish your story. :colbert:

Totally forgot that you lived and were the reason I could find the server to dispense vitamin murder. Thanks!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

ITT half talking about their server hopping, the other half bitching about server hoppers.

Terrible things must be done for revenge and glory.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Why does it seem like every server is 24/7 daytime? It'd be nice to do some ~~night ops~~ sometime.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Hey, what's 6+6-6?

Zero?

RIVERSIDE MOTHERFUCKER

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Ham put some pristine cuffs on someone yesterday or Saturday and they eventually got them off. Sometimes Q+E does it, sometimes A+D.

Yeah, it was me and it took a solid three minutes or so.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Some good sniping at Berenzino. One guy was just hugging the north stairwell in the construction building. Doogie went to check it out and his gun failed him when he needed it most. Click click, nothing. Guy mowed him down. Then said guy poked his head up to loot Doogie and three of us shot him at the same time, went down instantly. Guy was absolutely loaded with gear too.

This was immediately after me and one other guy simul-shooting a meat bag in a yellow rain jacket who was also loaded.

I was the other party for the top floor yellow jacket guy and one of the other guys to ice the dude who killed Doogie (who later killed me :argh:).

Between that and the wonderful axe fight I had with the dude on the roof, I'm really, really enjoying Berezino much more in the standalone.

I decided to take a trip to Balota, maybe kill some ghosters. Logged there for the evening.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I know that now I've said this that I am hosed, but I haven't broken my legs yet, even when I've fallen <6ft.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

OH what the gently caress. Literally walking up the stairs in the firestation, no one else on the server, and It just goes black to a "you are dead" screen.

A house has eaten me before.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

The Mandingo posted:

I didn't want to get murdered with a big group of goons last night so I hiked to NEAF, but I heard the play by play on mumble and it sounded like good fun.

It went really well, we killed more than twice as many as we lost and a couple of what we lost was goon on goon. Good crew last night.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Three-Phase posted:

Well, that was my first encounter with a hacker. That was pretty crazy.

Penn Gillette led us to victory. Sort of.

Today was a win. Fed two goons and two pubbies alcohol tincture. Hacker or not, that's a win.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I wonder what happened to our pubbie? I named her Gerald and fed her alcohol tincture and stole all her stuff.

I'd like to think she survived the hacker and subsequently vomited herself to death.

I can dream... :allears:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Baby Cakes posted:

Today in Mumble I heard two incidents of goons ghosting to kill people who were camping stairs. You are literally diapered babies and camping stairs is not cheap, it's called a defensible position. If I'm ever close enough to a ghosting in progress I will shout over direct at the badguys to warn them that goons are about to ghost them.

No excuse for that garbage. This isn't about no KOS ehonor, it's about abusing an exploit that you complain about yourselves. Shame on y'all

I'm sorry I don't play the game to your standards. :(

Seriouspost: I will do anything to poo poo on people that aren't us. Thanks for letting me know you let the pubbies know though, that will be helpful in the future!

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Barnsy posted:

I haven't played the mod but I take it the SKS is better than the mosin because it's semi-auto while using the same ammo?

The SKS uses 7.62x39, the Mosin 7.62x54r.

I'm not sure if it will be differentiated or not.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Baby Cakes posted:

Yes gently caress the pubbies FTW goon sire. It's us vs them and we need every last exploit to win this game.

:goonsay:

I'm not the one crying about goons playing differently. Mind your business and I'll mind mine (with no witty goon phrases "goon sire lulz").

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

^^^ Fine. Be an rear end in a top hat. See where that gets you.

Time to start draining pubbie blood. Gonna need to stock up on test kits and score a O neg.

Pretty far actually, I get along great with all the mumble goons.

Quit telling people how to play, save the white knighting.

E: though I wholeheartedly support your pubbie blood draining idea.

Baby Cakes posted:

Sorry I can't be there to hold your hand through running up stairs and shooting someone in a corner, but if you need to ghost to win I can't stop you. Just remember that the difference between pubbies and goons is $10 and Mumble, they're still trying to have fun just like you and nobody likes cheaters.

Not my fault pubs aren't prepared for a surprise axing, though the two in the green house last night were. Win some, lose some, good on those pubs for not being idiots.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 22, 2014

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Can't wait for Robin Hood roleplay goon style.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

So apparently your character gets deleted when you log now? I just tried to hop into a school on an empty server and boom, fresh character. Tried it again, same result.

Hey, at least ghosting won't be a thing anymore... I just wish they had grenades to flush out shitlords.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I spawned in a new server expecting a fresh spawn and BOOM

the guy I had when the hacker killed us all on Dobryy is alive and well with undamaged gear.

I had this dude three lives ago.

...what? :psyduck:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Well, five of us just got killed over the course of fifteen minutes by a ghosting sniper... fun.

I mean, if I m hiding in a warehouse, sure, I get ghosting. But ghosting because someone is climbing up the ladder to the water tower you're hiding on? Man.

All on the goon server.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Man if ghosting is ever justified (it's not, imo) then surely when you're outnumbered 5 to 1 and you're getting flanked it's more justified than if you're in a large group and some guy dug himself into a nice defensible position and you just can't leave him alone. But maybe I just don't get ghosting etiquette.

The only justification I'd say is when someone is being a scrub and hiding in a room with one entry point.

I don't mind the combat logging, it's appearing somewhere on a pitch black server even with gamma jack and getting zero effort kills. At least when a man comes at you with an axe, you have a chance to shoot him. Had it been daytime, he would have been dead, but he literally shot, ghosted. Shot, ghosted.

Ghosting is what it is, I'll kill and be killed by it. I always give the pubs a chance though.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 23, 2014

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Should LLJK be switched to private hive? It would cut down on ghosting, but make it so goons HAD to play there. I'm torn.

... and having just the SKS description added is loving cruel.

WHAY MY SKS AT

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Y'all gettin too mad at vidya games.

I just want the SKS to be found everywhere because even in the US it's common as hell.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I'm glad most of the mumble goons aren't as spergy as some of the people arguing here are.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Slumpy posted:

All of you goons are getting pissed over nothing, the only thing to be angry about is the lack of SKS and the lack of me shooting you all with it

My man. This is IamAhnuld and you are one of my favorite goons to roll with.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

H2SO4 posted:

*KCCCH* DONGLORD ONE TO SPERG ACTUAL DO YOU COPY OVER *KCCH*

*KCCCH* DONGLORD ONE, THIS IS SPERG ACTUAL, SOLID COPY. YOU ARE CLEARED, I REPEAT CLEARED FOR ASSAULT ON LIMA MIKE ALPHA OSCAR, BE OSCAR MIKE IN FIVE MIKES, HOW COPY? *KCCH*

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Kewpuh posted:

It would be nice if this thread was used to talk about the game and not drama on a Mumble server. That poo poo would be amazing. So amazing in fact that we should make it a brand new rule to the SA Forums to not import drama.

Deleted my old post.

The dudes in mumble are chill as hell, even the dudes I've argued with here are pretty cool in mumble. Don't let the spergs here drive you away.

tehinternet fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I don't mind military loot being rare because all it ever takes is one man with one axe. Or two fists. M4 won't save you from being donkey punched and robbed.