Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh goddammit

I decided to have a look at what kinds of seeds people have dug up on other forums and I found one that is exactly what I was looking for before settling on the one I'm using for my main world; it is 85% ocean but it has every single biome, including the largest island being mostly desert, so there are plenty of resources. Now I am really, really, REALLY tempted to switch to this seed, but I also don't want people to lose what they've built on the other one.

GODDAMMIT IT IS loving PERFECT

help what do i do

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

Oh goddammit

I decided to have a look at what kinds of seeds people have dug up on other forums and I found one that is exactly what I was looking for before settling on the one I'm using for my main world; it is 85% ocean but it has every single biome, including the largest island being mostly desert, so there are plenty of resources. Now I am really, really, REALLY tempted to switch to this seed, but I also don't want people to lose what they've built on the other one.

GODDAMMIT IT IS loving PERFECT

help what do i do

Well for starters share the seed. After that I'd suggest asking the people that play on your current map if they want to switch and get a fresh start.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
I've been looking for one like that, too. What's the seed?

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
I've not deleted any save I've made for multiplayer. Chuckroasts structures must be preserved so I can see what they look like in every texture pack.

That is an interesting map. I like that one island that looks like a virus from Dr. Mario. If only there was only one more continent in the south then I'd agree on this maps perfection.
Still... it's a nice looking map. Do you remember where you spawned in?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

juliuspringle posted:

Well for starters share the seed. After that I'd suggest asking the people that play on your current map if they want to switch and get a fresh start.

And I am asking the people who play on my current map since they all read this thread. I'm still torn, but the more I explore, the more I really like this map. The Nether is even interestingly laid out.

Temper Trudeau posted:

Still... it's a nice looking map. Do you remember where you spawned in?

Spawn is on the south of the forested island.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
I'd play it.

Edit: I can't see a village on that map.

ramenpower fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 17, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Temper Trudeau posted:

I'd play it.

Edit: I can't see a village on that map.

Zombie villagers means idgaf about villages, I can just make my own. If I do decide on this map I'll prolly make part of the top left island into a harbor town with some NPC housing. That bay on that island is perfect and exactly the kind of thing I am looking for.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
An archipelago map would be a lot of fun, plus it makes my stupid farm idea actually worth something.

And remember chuckroast can always create the next Hagia Sophia, or Palace of the Soviets, or Todai-Ji out of sheer will of force so I wouldn't be terribly concerned with existing work. Plus its xbox, the saves files (hopefully) still exist so nothing is ever really gone forever.

The real question is the upcoming End project. Because that is a absolute bitch in terms of starting over again.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Always wanted to do a proper sealab, I can wait on the endless end project for a bit. I'll have my gold account back sometime today if anyone's playing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yeah I won't be deleting the old world obviously, so we can go back to that project in the future should we decide to do so. Alternatively, we could start over; I didn't really do much in the End aside from the Enderman farm, so if I contributed it'd prolly go faster at least.

I spent a little time in the new seed over the weekend, it loving rules. Already built a boathouse to dock at which is also located right at spawn. Also I have AC in my room now so I'll prolly start leaving the server up when I'm not home or asleep.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I hope sponges get their water-absorbing properties back, it'd make creating underwater domes so much easier.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Seems like the next Gen edition release date is august 19th

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Anyone still playing on 360 or running any servers? I just grabbed this a few days ago and as much fun as it is single player it'd be a hell of a lot better with other people.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
What's your GamerTag?

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Yup. Still running mine. 24/7.

Gt is ramenpower

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

poo poo yeah. GT is Thizzlam Nation, I'll shoot you a friend request here soon and hop on.

e: holyyyyyy moley i am 100% just in total awe of this map so far, just wowee. still just running around finding new poo poo you guys have built, fuckin incredible.

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 13, 2014

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

And there is still room. I'm trying to encourage spreading out a bit. The rails so far I believe are temporary. Seeing the giant x-men while cruising owns. Confusing the giant enderman with a real one while trying to build a mob grinder owns harder.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

I'm thinking of getting something started in one of the smalls bits of snow biome there are but they may be a bit far from the main city area for my liking, we'll see. I am curious as to how some of the things were built though, like the giant statues. Was this game ever in creative mode or was this all done purely in survival? I'm guessing the latter since I got an achievement while playing but i dunno how the game determines that with multiplayer.

e: by the way some creepers exploded on the very top level of the fort you afk in right before you went offline. Got most of the damage fixed up before it booted me but there's a couple blocks missing off the top of the skeleton transportation waterway thing.

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Aug 13, 2014

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

This map has never been on creative so you can get all the achievements. I found the seed on the minecraft forums with a small list of points of interest, such as the skeleton grinder, which was the first thing I built.

The statues are just wool. Wickedbackfat (non-goon) built them based on the marvel skin packs, though I dunno where he got GL from.

No worries about the abbey. I just got home so the game is live again.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
My gt is BiscuitCheese I'll be adding you ramen power to see this cool poo poo

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Temper Trudeau posted:

This map has never been on creative so you can get all the achievements. I found the seed on the minecraft forums with a small list of points of interest, such as the skeleton grinder, which was the first thing I built.

The statues are just wool. Wickedbackfat (non-goon) built them based on the marvel skin packs, though I dunno where he got GL from.

No worries about the abbey. I just got home so the game is live again.

How exactly does the skeleton grinder work anyway? Monster spawner under there somewhere? I did find a button down the hidden staircase into the mines that /seems/ to be connected to where the skeletons start climbing up the water but i couldn't figure it out for the life of me

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Pretty much. I chose this seed because it boasted a bunch of surface spawners and this particular skeleton spawn was at level 58 or something. It's all water driven and the hard part you can see working. They spawn over a current, funneling them into the elevator up to the top and over, and finally ending up as one hit kills on the killing floor.

If you take the rail on the stone bricks all the way north you'll see that Wickedbackfat and I found an underwater spider spawner that we dug out. Dunno how to handle that one yet.

Also the iron farm is currently out of order due to a pod of villagers disappearing. I'll fix it after I'm done making my moonbase.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Temper Trudeau posted:

Pretty much. I chose this seed because it boasted a bunch of surface spawners and this particular skeleton spawn was at level 58 or something. It's all water driven and the hard part you can see working. They spawn over a current, funneling them into the elevator up to the top and over, and finally ending up as one hit kills on the killing floor.

If you take the rail on the stone bricks all the way north you'll see that Wickedbackfat and I found an underwater spider spawner that we dug out. Dunno how to handle that one yet.

Also the iron farm is currently out of order due to a pod of villagers disappearing. I'll fix it after I'm done making my moonbase.

I was wondering about that. When i first got in last night I climbed into the pool and realized it was just one massive trap and chuckroast explained it to me.
One last thing though: If the skeleton grinder is just an automatic process, what is the point of the button downstairs connected to a repeater and (what I think is, never used this texture pack before) a glowstone lamp?

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 14, 2014

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

That was to turn the spawner off. I never got around to finishing it but yea, it'd be a lot less stress on the system if I didn't keep this thing going all the time, so I want to eventually be able to light everything up and stop the skeletons from generating.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Yeah I've noticed that it can get pretty laggy when the skeletons are just piling up constantly there. How far away from that lamp is the spawner? I assume just under it so couldn't you just replace the button with a lever to get the light level high enough to stop spawning?

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

It's about 2 or 3 blocks adjacent to the lamp. The goal was to put a lamp every 2 blocks around. Enough lamps will shut off the spawner. I just got lazy/distracted with other projects.

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Temper Trudeau posted:

It's about 2 or 3 blocks adjacent to the lamp. The goal was to put a lamp every 2 blocks around. Enough lamps will shut off the spawner. I just got lazy/distracted with other projects.

I actually just finished putting in some more lamps surrounding the spawning pit and wiring them to levers, so we can turn off the spawner now. Seems to help stability a bit so far.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Cool. The only use the skeleton spawner is really for getting bows with power 1 to eventually make power 5 bows. The blaze spawn is actually a dual, and plans are in motion to utilize it to its best potential because right now it's rear end.

If you go to the nether you'll easily find the blaze farm. Go to the bottom level, turn right and walk past all of the repeaters and you'll find a staircase. If you follow it you'll find a portal that spits you out right next to the end portal. It isn't the most effective enderman farm but it works alright.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Both the PS4 and XBOXone versions of this are out now. Anyone planning on running a server for PS4?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I hope someone does. I've been playing it for a couple of hours, the improved draw distance is great, but I think the map is wonky. If you go past the edge of what the map covers, your icon turns round and you don't really show up on the map or uncover new area. It appears the map shows the landmass size of the small maps from last gen.

edit: In my PS4 experience.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If they don't introduce dedicated servers in the next-gen versions of console Minecraft I'll be heck of mad. I'm switching to PC once my new computer is up and running, but I still prefer a lot of what the console versions do differently and would switch to PS4 primarily if they allowed us to rent out servers or something so we didn't have to have someone run their console 24/7 to have a server up.

Wee Bairns posted:

I hope someone does. I've been playing it for a couple of hours, the improved draw distance is great, but I think the map is wonky. If you go past the edge of what the map covers, your icon turns round and you don't really show up on the map or uncover new area. It appears the map shows the landmass size of the small maps from last gen.

edit: In my PS4 experience.

So the way maps work in the PC version, you just make a new map when you go to a new area that hasn't been covered in a previous map. No idea if they messed it up in the console version though; maps already work differently on console so it's entirely possible that this wouldn't fix your problem.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 5, 2014

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Everyone add me on PS4! My PSN ID is doctorbashir

I will try to keep a server going as much as possible.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Cubey posted:

So the way maps work in the PC version, you just make a new map when you go to a new area that hasn't been covered in a previous map. No idea if they messed it up in the console version though; maps already work differently on console so it's entirely possible that this wouldn't fix your problem.

I will have to try that, since I was only looking at the initial supplied map.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I'm prolly done with console Minecraft now that I have a PC that can run it without any lag at all. But man, I'm gonna miss the texture packs and the dudes I played with. Hopefully some day I'll meet up with some of you in a PC Minecraft server.

Also I have to get used to the awful, awful PC crafting system now, which was the main reason I've preferred console all this time. If they do ever get dedicated servers for console I'll prolly come back on PS4.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

360 just got the new TITLE UPDATE! I know I'm like the only one left playing but I have a new world up if anyone wants to check it out.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
New update is pretty drat cool. Haven't had a ton of time to tool around in it yet but I think I have to start a new world. Horses don't seem to be wanting to spawn on my existing seed and I need a stable of donkeys.

Plus with the Redstone update I can finally achieve my Five Year Plan for the villagers of my world!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I might come back and join y'all when the 360 version gets acacia and dark oak trees. Though it'd be hard to come back after having been playing the PC version for so long, even if I do miss the far superior console crafting system.

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
Just a heads up to anyone still playing irregularly.

New update bricked redstone pretty bad. If you ever fire a double piston extender it will lock every pison closed on your whole world. Considering this is fairly serious to anyone still playing, witches aren't spawning correctly & horses are despawning when hitched, they're talking about pushing out a soonish(tm) bugpatch. I'd stay off old worlds you care about until it gets sorted.

But yeah, Hoppers are pretty rad. Auto smelters and auto collecters for farms/grinders rock. Just wish we got tubing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Was psyched when I saw Minecraft had updated. :woop:

Until I saw we're still behind the PC in updates. :negative: Was looking forward to underwater biomes. Too bad I have to wait another year for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I miss playing this with Chuck, Brothusela, Sk8er, Ramen and Shinrod. If I started hosting a new world, would y'all join it?

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 5, 2015

• Locked thread