Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Feinne posted:

I think you're missing links to the megaman game you're currently playing, the one that seems not godawful.

Hey, Revolution didn't seem completely terrible :shobon: SuperDanny2 had some cute ideas, even though the execution sucked.

Would love to see a Zelda fangame that isn't completely horrifying. But I'm guessing if programmers can't figure out how to get us to shoot robots properly, having to design an actual dungeon probably would give them an aneurysm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBLOODY!

SONIC GENERATIONS
(With El Generico, majormonotone, and Heavy Sigh)

Can I get a refund on 2014? I haven't opened it yet and I still have the receipt.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

That shield weapon looks fantastic, it fixes the issue of shields not having any range in a game about shooting things :haw:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

You're just a piece of junk, and I've got the proof!

Megaman Rock Force #9: Ring Toss
(Heavy Sigh and Simply Simon)

Okay now that's a twist I can get behind, with how he's handled things so far. I hope this means totally new levels and more weapons too!, the lack of those turn 3 and all these other fangames turn into a slog.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I always liked the "remix 4 levels" concept in MM3. I mean, sure, I guess having two totally-unique sets of fortress levels involves more new content, but the remixed levels were a neat way to show the player how the level designers could step up the difficulty without relying on a new toolset -- and also a good way to get players to try out their weapons against the various enemies, since odds are they bustered their way through most of the levels the first time around.

Concept's fine, execution was lazy and terrible, Needle Man's stage is particularly egregious.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

The Lecarde Chronicles #1: Seville Cemetary[/url] (Heavy Sigh, Dithiannim, I am the MOON, and Aposke)

This looks pretty good, it's like if they kept going 2D after Rondo instead of going all Metroidvania-y.

And no Moon, you're not free. You'll never be free from Sigh's fangamey grip :unsmigghh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh wait, we're a Lecarde? That's a neat detail.

He could very well be using the Vampire Killer! The Lecarde family were friends of the Belmonts and guarded the Vampire Killer during the times where there was no Belmont to wield it. This comes up in both Castlevania: Bloodlines as well as Portrait of Ruin.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

Evil lurks in the ceilings of man.

The Lecarde Chronicles #8: Hunting Mansion Attic
(Heavy Sigh, Kingeffingfrost, I am the MOON, Loco, and Dithiannim)

What was the deal with the priest then? It seemed like there was still some sort of powerup of some kind in the town...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think this is the first time an LP has made me physically ill :barf:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Assoonasitits posted:

Metroid: Confrontation

Funny you should mention it but Samus does appear in Kirby's Dreamland 3 :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Clearly not Simply Tipsy. Please tell me you did this in one sitting :allears:

The rest of the game looks decent but those custom sprites sure as hell don't.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Up to this point I felt like Simon was being a tad hyperbolic, but whoever created this last level (seriously? A Devil AND Quick Lasers?!) deserves some amount of eternity in Double Hell.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kurieg posted:

They had Eggman and Dr Wily join up

Wait what?! I know both protagonists are blue and love blowing up robots but :psyduck:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

They're called Curling Stones, Simon.

Rokko Chan #5: Surprise Spikes
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, and Loco)

Music was fantastic for this level.

I really like how the special weapons actually feel useful instead of just, well, "special".

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Rokko-Chan looked like a drat solid fangame. I wish someone would mix up the refights a bit more though.

Also, this Mega Man fangame stumbled its way onto my Facebook feed, anyone tried this out yet?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

SnoruntPyro posted:

Mega Pony [10] - Discord Fortress, Stage 4 (with Mateo360, Loco, KennyMan616, NGDBSS, and William Anderson)

Was... was that Q's (John de Lancie's) voice?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

Burnerman? I hardly even know 'em!

Megaman Eternal #2: Hot Beats
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, NGDBSS, Mateo360 and some tardisman who couldn't be bothered to record himself properly.)

The Gemini Joe looked cool.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Heavy Sigh posted:

Anyone up for a trip down memory lane?

Megaman Eternal #16: Wily's Dream Space
(Heavy Sigh, mateo360, SnoruntPyro, Eltipejoloco, and Snakeman)

Impressive how he managed to take the worst levels in their respective games (at least up to 7, not so sure about 8,9, and 10)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

azren posted:

What. The. gently caress.

No, seriously, what the gently caress? I haven't even heard of MLG before, what the gently caress is it to warrant/result in this atrocity?

Major League Gaming. It's the meme-iest :nws:

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcU4NrASuJA:nws:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Light Gun Man posted:

This is what I was expecting also.

From Sigh's breakdown on the last page I have a feeling it's coming and the worstest Devil ever :unsmigghh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

That was inexcusably awful.

Is... is that Ice Man's level at the end there? Oh nooooooooooooo

How did they pick the shittiest levels to "redo"?!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Augus posted:

Pretty much anything is better than the default refight set-up. Having them in a set order is okay but I really prefer when they do something actually different and interesting with that part. Like Rockman Minus Infinity's cool labyrinth stage, or when Mega Man Zero 2 had two of the bosses you fought before team up together with a brand new attack pattern (this was only one fight though, the rest of the refights were normal ones). Just fighting the bosses from before one after the other with no difference is pretty drat boring and it really shouldn't be the sacred series tradition it's treated as and it really shouldn't be a replacement for having actual fortress levels. Azure Striker Gunvolt is a really cool game but the refights take up way too much of that game's "Wily" area and that sucks.

At least Rayman 1 did its boss rush by combining 2 bosses together into a horrible chimera (ala this game's Doc Robots). Double the pain, but half the time!

CV: Portrait of Ruin's final fight does something similar to Zero 2, and it's my favorite fight in the series.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I love how short these fortress levels are, some of these fangames get into the CONTENT trap and uggggggggggghhh

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh no there's actually fortress stages?!?!

I'm not ready for Sexy Yellow Devil or Sexy Dragon or Sexy Gutsdozer :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The bossrush part is definitely an Actraiser reference, just more... cyberspacey.