Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, Rock Force keeps proving itself great. It's nice to have a fangame that reminds us that fangames can actually be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Drunk Simon is incredibly cheerful. Please keep being a cheerful drunk, Simon.

And the game looks good enough, apart from the block puzzles and horrible boss sprites. I have to wonder why it's Super 3 if it's a sequel to 4+, and most importantly, just how bad the previous games were.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is...is Simon getting more and more drunk every episode? He seemed to be even more drunk here than before...

Also that boss fight looked hilarious, and the level was pretty clever. Could do with less surprise spikes, but clever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BN enemies? Really nice detail. And the cacti were funny enemies and I liked the platforms you could explode because explosions are always cool by me.

That said the water spikes part looked awful and the boss battles keep being rather uninteresting, but hey, I can enjoy the weapon and stage design (mostly), as well as Simply Simon's incredible drunk antics and Sigh and Dith's far less drunk but not less interesting commentary.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can it? That looked really annoying to play. The camera seemed to work against you more than once, targetting looked near-impossible, and the boss battles looked boring as hell. Do they ever get to use something that isn't a hail of bullets? Because part of the fun in Robot Master battles was different weapons, not only different patterns.

That said, 50 Robot Masters is a lot, and the weapon system looks sort of interesting with different basic shots and the like, so it might get better, but the first video didn't give it many points in its favour.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, I guess it only makes sense that the spider-themed level has the most bugs! That was hilarious.

Also that's one fab colour scheme Mega's got there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly, considering what things we've seen in this thread already, I'd say this fangame is actually good, not just "almost but not quite"...but that's really in comparison with other fangames.

That said, the boss quality is horrendous and this one was no better. DragonCon Man was really the best name to give to that. If you're going to make a Dragon Man, make a Dragon Man. Not a guy with a silly dragon costume!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Also Action Moses just sounds a lot more fun than generic super-wizard Lamia Radish.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, absolutely none of that looked even remotely fun. Who the hell thought slowing you the hell down was an actually good gameplay mechanic?

But hey, even with that, you just destoryed [sic] those Robot Masters.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Items: Osiris's Crest, Ra's Crest.

What happened to Obelisk's Crest? How is Moses meant to become the King of Games and recover his past memories if he only has two out of three Egyptian Gods?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The fact that one of the Robot Masters is literally :kamina: already makes me think this game will be pretty good.

Also the entire atmosphere is so chill (...hopefully beyond the ice level), I love it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That face really reminded me of :spergin: for some reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually really liked the 2.5D thing, it looked neat. Definitely gave it a bit of originality.

My main problem with that was that both bosses and the one sub-boss seemed to have way too much health. That said, I actually have hopes for this thing if it's ever finished, but the creator really needs to tweak that HP down a bit.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, those battles in 3D 2 dragged a lot. I can only imagine how sheerly boring that was to play. Whoever designed that is insane, lower that HP, geez. It goes from properly difficult to just tedious when the battle drags on that long.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That actually didn't look bad at all, I'm surprised. The crossovers were pretty funny, the gameplay looked polished enough, the boss battles were interesting and not longer than they needed to, and that ending was weird enough to be hilarious.

That said, no showing the cheat codes? I'm curious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

...Well...the drawn art is really pretty, at least...

because that's literally the only good thing here, wow.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Samizdata posted:

I sneezed. I suspect the video title had a psychosomatic effect on me.

You may want to visit Dr. Gyuwhatever, he will help with his falling blocks and weird animations!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That game was...I don't want to call it awful, but definitely really bad. That weird wavy texture got me sick at one point, the enemies are hardly varied and mostly boring, at times unfair. The bosses actually didn't look that bad, but like in MM3D, they had way too much health so the battle dragged on a lot. I actually thought the Gizmon fight looked pretty fun, but holy poo poo that's far longer than it needs to be. The platforming looks awful, as does the controls, but the double Agumon made me laugh.

All of this said, your commentary had a lot of mistakes. You didn't actually talk to Renamon until you saved her, the enemy was, as the game clearly stated, Frontier's (which is the actual fourth season, Tamers is the third) Ranamon, whose personality was actually pretty accurate. In fact, if there's something I can't complain about in this game, was Digimon references, all of them were pretty well-done, from having Devimon as the first boss, to Ranamon mentioning the Legendary Warriors of her own series and even Devimon making a reference to the obscure WonderSwan games with Millenniumon (who did pull the whole "revive every villain" poo poo before). The one being tortured was almost definitely from Frontier as well, Izumi, considering she mentions Takuya and Kouji. Hell, the appearance of ProtoGizmon (or Gizumon Proto here, for some reason) is another pretty obscure reference, since they were only background material in Savers and were never mentioned (the higher-level Gizmon were of more importance and were actually named as AT and XT, Proto just appeared in the background in a flashback)

Okay, calming down now, sorry for the rant.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The song in Luigikid's house is the Traverse Town song from Kingdom Hearts. The rest, I don't know.

Also this was really wordy and boring but I can't say I'm not a bit jealous of this guy's family. Pretty nice of them to make a game about him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually liked Yoku Man's fake explosion. It shouldn't get you if you're paying attention to his health, so it's a funny trap that isn't unfair.

The rest of this level can suck a dick though. Holy poo poo that was several levels of unfair and bullshit, all crammed into a deceptively small stage (that will get really long because bullshit mazes)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If that is what I think it is (and I'm pretty sure I'm right), it's a really good one. I enjoyed the hell out of it, at least.

It'll bring the hope in fangames back after Unlimited slammed it into insta-death spikes over and over.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Abobo's Big Adventure is really great. It's both hilarious and actually really fun to play.

I've never actually used that Rage move, so this is the first time I see it. Looks neat, though there's better moves.

Also I'll disagree on gunman being the hardest boss in the game. He's the second. The final boss is a massive pain in the rear end, I couldn't beat him at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm surprised of how easy you made Robobobo/Mechabobo look, I had one hell of a time beating him. One of the hardest bosses in the game, in my opinion, but the level is fun as hell.

The next level is also fun. In fact, the whole game's fun.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Heavy Sigh posted:

Honestly at this point I have to take my hands off the controller to not just blitz through the games I play.

If only they didn't contain content expressly for failure!

Things are too easy, you say?

People, time to start making an Unlimited sequel. With extra spikes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It surprises me that, despite the amount of attention to detail in the game, Pit appears as Kid Icarus.

Also we're reaching the point where I just got completely stuck. That is, the final boss.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Singh Long posted:

So when was someone going to bring up the fact that this thing has its own website?

http://www.sonicepoch.com/

Surprisingly, it's actually quite informative.

I dunno, if it were really informative, the first thing it should say is "don't play this poo poo". In fact, this site outright lies to you!

quote:

This game has been though so much turmoil, changes and cancellations, but the fact that it was one of the best Sonic fan games, if not THE best, always remained.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst Sonic fan game this thread has shown us from one video alone, and it takes some serious effort to reach that level.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game truly is amazing. Every video manages to top the last in how bad it is, as if the creators were trying to constantly surpass themselves in all the wrnog ways. It's like the FIRE EMBLEM DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS OSTIAN PRINCESS of Sonic fangames.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

At first I thought the faux-sequence breaking was funny, because it was clearly not planned so leading into death was understandable and hilarious.

And then a trap room that makes use of said sequence breaking, and just to gently caress with the player gives them three lives in a room they can't leave.

And then things that look like sequence breaking but instead send you back on the level.

AND THEN ACTUAL SECRET ROOM FULL OF TREASURE.

I'm not sure how to feel anymore. This game is weird beyond belief.

And I still have no idea why I was meant to care for not-Metal Sonic.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RZApublican posted:

That was easily the better than any of the Mega Man games Capcom has put out in at least eight years.

Let's not go overboard here. The first level looked decent, but the last eight years have had games like Mega Man Powered Up, the ZX series, and Star Force 3 (and the other Star Forces, but those are of more debatable quality)

That said, if the rest of the levels are as good as this one, this might be one of those rare good fangames. It'd be...the third of those we've seen? I can only think of Psycho Waluigi and Abobo's Big Adventure, but there might be others I'm forgetting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, that was a lot of spelling mistakes trying to be text. At least "Dr. Willy" made me laugh, but still, wow.

The game itself looked pretty average, and Bass really did look horribly broken. I have to wonder why he was red though. Also why he was suddenly X.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game only gets better with every update, oh my god. I can't wait to see just how much more insane this thing can get.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Somehow i did not see that plot twist coming. It feels so obvious in hindsight. I guess part of me was expecting this to have one normal moment, that was a mistake. A very big mistake.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This one...doesn't look that bad, actually. I liked the art at the beginning, and the levels themselves weren't terrible, although the darkness was definitely too long. The Robot Master designs look nice apart from Jolt Man who is very much literally Bright Man, that one's pretty lazy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Whatever praise I had for this game was lost in this stage. That just looked tedious to play, the boss included.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

JamieTheD posted:

Sadly, I am not surprised he's a Gater, or at the least a Gater supporter.

I don't think any Mega Man fan, or at least any Mega Man fan that has played Battle Network 2, wouldn't be a Gater supporter. I mean have you used that thing? It's the best move in the game, possibly the series, excluding an event-only PA! :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

First off, it's Portuguese, not Spanish. Both languages are pretty different, gosh.

Second I can more or less translate, but not fully since I have no actual idea of Portuguese, just Spanish.

To begin with, the name of the game is "Killing giant robots -the game-". Which is pretty to the point, I like it.

The first line the game gives, before the introduction is "If you're playing this game, you're part of the resistance..."

After that, the prologue says...

"In the Year 20XX...
Machines all over the world will rebel against humanity...
Entire cities will be destroyed by terrible robots...
Obama: "The situation is critical! There's few machines left on our side!"
Obama: "We have no choice but to start Project C.R.E.U.Z.A.!"

The "choose your character" screen (which literally says that at the top) gives them "damage", "defense" and "agility" as stats.

The level begins with "Prepare yourself!". Or, considering this is Mega Man X-based, "Ready!". After that, the dialogue says "Emergency! Elevated robot signals detected nearby! Be careful, Affonso!". I'm not actually fully sure of this line though. And I definitely have no idea what Affonso answered to that.

Once he finds his allies, the dialogue goes...
A: "Beto! Didi! What's happening?!"
Boss: "Exterminate...the...MRG..."

And after beating that boss...

A: "CREUZA! Beto and Didi were captured by the enemy!"
Camera?: "Affonso, there's no time to waste! The greatest giant robots are going wild (not sure about this one) across the world! Your mission now is to rescue the other robot killers and destroy every robot you find!"
A: "Understood! I'm starting my mission!"
Camera?: "Go MRG!"

I admit, this weird robot crossover is...interesting, if nothing else.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Something that's really bugging me, nendymion, you keep naming the videos as Motando Robos Gigantes. It's Matando Robos Gigantes. Which, by the way, looks pretty cool. That Wall-E fight was neat, though I think it dragged on for a bit too long.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh god the spike factory. I thought it was a myth, but no, it really did exist. It really did!

Though overall it didn't look that bad, beyond the fact that your HP gauge might as well not exist with so much insta-death around. That last part looked like hell though.

Also as a robot nerd I really hope one of the bosses is Mazinger or Getter Robo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What's with Mega Man fangames and their absolute need to take the worst parts of the games? You're doing your own thing, you can ignore the bad parts, make something better! It goes for the stupid invisible blocks, for the boring enemies that do nothing but slow you down, and it's even more true for X-style motorbike levels.

At least the fight with Optimus looked genuinely fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was...surprisingly decent. I expected something terrible but there was clearly some effort into how the game looks, and the dialogue is not as cringe-worthy as it could be. The music is pretty good too.

That said some of the sprites look terrible. Brendan especially looked horrendous and that alone was a good reason to not go with him.

Looking forward to our adventures with our new best buddy.