Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005
TheKeeper bought me this account so now I have to rub peanut butter on his nipples on a daily basis.
I want to say the Balloons were introduced in Dracula's Curse. I know they were in that one, but I don't remember if they might have been in Simon's Quest. Certainly not in Castlevania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005
TheKeeper bought me this account so now I have to rub peanut butter on his nipples on a daily basis.

Heavy Sigh posted:

Abobo's Big Adventure #1: Abobo's Revenge[/url] (Heavy Sigh, Mr DJB, Maswastaken, and the ghosts of Iron Chitlin and Loco)

So instead of being productive in life, I figured I'd fill in the gaps so far in Abobo's Big Adventure:

Kid Nikki is in fact from Kid Nikki, Radical Ninja. The game seems to have been about stabbing birds in the name of other birds. Also the first boss was named Death Breath and blew your sword away. http://youtu.be/d4CBb_FGTHM
Spy Vs. Spy had an NES game based on it. It was 2 player split screen, you walked around a weird building setting traps above doors and things trying to kill eachother. http://youtu.be/LJC7DIP5JIw
The boss in the video was the 2nd to last in the NES Double Dragon, before you beat up your shadow or doppelganger or something. I forget, it seemed contrived even back then.
The boss room was, in fact, where you'd fight Abobo in the first Double Dragon. He was the first boss, later a pair of them as a mid boss in a few levels, and I think he was a standard mook in a few.

The names were interesting too. Skut Farkas was the bully from "A Christmas Story," an evil Ginger just like his sprite in this game. The rest of the names didn't really ring bells outside of puns, like "Ricky Sticks" might have been Nikki Sixx, and, meh that's all I got for now.

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005

KennyMan666 posted:

And then there's Best Mode, aka Rainbow Dash mode.

So, here's a run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24v86HQumzQ

I don't remember if I posted my general verdict of the game, so I guess I'll post some now. I think it's one of the best Mega Man fangames I've played.

This actually looked more fun to play. Like a standalone game of this would be something. It looked like what the 2D Sonic games wanted to be but never pulled off.

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005

Heavy Sigh posted:

I would say that this was intentional design, but I refuse to ascribe that level of competence to anyone involved in the creation of this game.

Rockman R - Dr Wily's Counterattack #12: He does not actually turn[/url] (Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, and corn in the bible)

I'm not sure, but I swear that much of that level was screens directly from Mega Man 2. The room with the several crushers I'm sure is the same.