Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Attention Horse posted:

I really doubt that the Icarus mission was just a nod or an "easter egg". It was mentioned two times - when the mission was launched and during the third act when the spaceship gets lost in space somewhere. It has to lead to something in Dawn of the Apes or the next sequel.

I don't think they can afford to directly lead into an equivalent to or a remake of Planet of the Apes, I think it's just the inevitable future that these films are building towards but won't directly address or depict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Has anyone seen the poster that looks like a painting with the ape riding the horse in the water with the gun raised? It's a really cool poster and looks 70's as gently caress.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

e: v Rises doesn't even really HAVE any appeals to nostalgia in it, except for the 'dirty ape' line. It works on the strength of its characters.

Technically it has "Bright Eyes", the stuff about Icarus, and "No!" being the first word is a canonical thing, but those are super subtle things.

• Locked thread