Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I do not know anybody who hates Rises. Your room mate is obviously a genetically flawed human being and needs to be disposed of to ensure his DNA is taken out of the gene pool.

My girlfriend thought it was a dumb mindless action film and the moment when Cesar first speaks was dumb.

I don't loving understand that outlook one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I fear she is not the right person for you.

I completely agree, it was an unbelievably powerful scene with I think one of the best 'WHAT THE gently caress' moments I have ever seen on screen.

So do I. That scene is probably my favourite scene from a big budget movie in years.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Another excellent front page review. :downswords:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Aren't apes physically incapable of speech? Like their breathing parts are hooked up wrong and they can't talk no matter how smart they are. Does this ever get mentioned in the movies or do they just pass it by? Because a chimp talking would be incredibly surprising, and not for neurological reasons.

No one loving cares so the film rightly decides not to mention this.

• Locked thread