Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It weirds me out how they 'good' apes are like, neurologists, but they live in a society that no real advanced technology to speak of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The original movie makes me wish Rod Serling had worked on more movies. Planet of the Apes is basically just a long, big budgeted Twilight Zone episode to begin with, and hits all the notes of classic sci fi that I love.

At the very least they could get Max Landis to do a Night Gallery adaptation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The original movies are good for a marathon, in the same way the Rocky films are. The only bad movie in the franchise is the Burton one.

e: v Rises doesn't even really HAVE any appeals to nostalgia in it, except for the 'dirty ape' line. It works on the strength of its characters.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 9, 2014

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The cinema where I saw this hosed up the projector and the first 10 minutes or so before the humans showed up had the subtitles for the apes cut off. There were several scenes of the ape dialogue where you had no idea what was going on, and I thought that was a very bold choice for the movie to make. Then the video cut out entirely and there was nothing but a dark theater with the sound of screaming primates, which was when I realized they just screwed up.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He's dead. From drat dirty ape flu.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think your reading of this movie is pretty similar to other movies SMG, but I mean you can't really blame Caesar for not being more Christian to Koba when he literally shot him and burnt his home to the ground.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Michael Bay filmed real sentient robots having their faces destroyed while making Transformers. It is the equivalent of the animal death featured in Cannibal Holocaust.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Liberals should shut up and realize Stalin did nothing wrong. - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hbomberguy posted:

Wait, Stalin's in this movie? drat. I gotta see this now. How do they work that into the plot?

Stalin was also called Koba :ssh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Night of the Living Planet of the Apes.

• Locked thread