Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!

Boomerjinks posted:

The first movie really went out of its way to make references to the Icarus mission. I would love to see that explored, but it's likely just a nod to the original series.

I really doubt that the Icarus mission was just a nod or an "easter egg". It was mentioned two times - when the mission was launched and during the third act when the spaceship gets lost in space somewhere. It has to lead to something in Dawn of the Apes or the next sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Holy gently caress, what a movie. I really loved Rise, but Dawn is better in pretty much every way. I can't wait where Reeves will take this franchise.

edit: huh, looks like there's a scene in this trailer that isn't in the movie. Skip to 1:51 - huge, working military ship and tons of people on the bridge. Was there a scene after the credits that I missed?

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 11, 2014

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

dreffen posted:

Just going to say again that Koba dual wielding the M249s was amazing.

Yeah, that scene was just ridiculous in the best possible way.

• Locked thread