Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
OK, it's January 1st and I now have a most anticipated film for the year. July needs to hurry up and get here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hand of the King posted:

poo poo. I am way confused. I thought there was just one virus (just that made the apes intelligent). I'm guessing there are two? One that enhanced the apes and another that kills humanity?

You should watch it again dude. It was the same virus, the apes got smarter because of it, but it killed humans.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timeless Appeal posted:

And Rise did such a good job with its CGI apes that I never really question their existence in the film.

My friend who I saw Rise with questioned the amount of Orangutans because "no zoo has that many."

Then again I would not be surprised if he has the same DVD collection you do, so he earns a pass for that.

Szmitten posted:

Technically it has "Bright Eyes", the stuff about Icarus, and "No!" being the first word is a canonical thing, but those are super subtle things.

I don't think "No!" can really even count as a callback, it's a major part of the Caesar mythology, and if you're going to have a movie about him, it's going to be a major plot point.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Nope. Immune humans don't make more immune humans. That's why Keri Russel's daughter died. I feel like that subplot was created to directly address your issue.

I don't think they fully explained this one. I imagine that its probably a recessive gene thing because Malcolm's son is still very alive.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vintersorg posted:

What a great movie tho - loved it from start to finish. And I am glad Maurice never died, he was my favorite - "......run" :unsmith:

You and me both!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vintersorg posted:

I am not sure if it's been mentioned but there will be a sequel to this right?

Well, it was a $70,000,000 opening weekend. The last one opened at $54,000,000. I'm guessing most likely.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

It didn't keep me from enjoying the movie, but was anyone else bothered at the almost complete lack of female characters? One female character for each side. Why?

I hadn't thought of that. It was virtually the same for the last movie too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Snak posted:

Not all stories need to have an even balance of character gender. Stories that are not specifically about gender roles may want to avoid the issue so that it doesn't detract from issues that the story is trying to address. At then end of the day, not every single story can be about gender issues AND whatever else it's supposed to be about.

See: The Thing.

• Locked thread