Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DivisionPost posted:

But I thought he was in MIT...Oh poo poo, did I gently caress up the OP?

I think there were signs saying "Chicago Polytech Something Something" when he was on campus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Exploder posted:

I wasn't really sure exactly what it said because it was half obscured by an over-shirt, but when I realized it, I started busting up laughing.

He mentions it at the beginning of the episode as his only Bears shirt when Fiona asks for one for the game.

Frank getting the wine enema was just classic Frank.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If death metal band shirts got you female attention in high school, my experience would have been a lot more fun.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

sleepingbuddha posted:

He mentions it at the beginning of the episode as his only Bears shirt when Fiona asks for one for the game.

He also says that it might have blood on it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

DivisionPost posted:

But I thought he was in MIT...Oh poo poo, did I gently caress up the OP?
He got a full ride to MIT but he didn't go. He's in some Chicago university. While this could easily just be a comment about his character, not really wanting to leave home, it's also an easy way to keep him connected to the main family while keeping him in college.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Yeah, it says Chicago Polytech when he's walking around campus.

Frank manages to still make you feel sorry for him somehow despite easily being the worst character possibly in TV history. Wine enema and guilt drinking? So Frank.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Lip is a loving idiot for not going to MIT. Did I miss any explanation on why he didn't go? Or is it like one of the above posters said, it's easier production and story-line wise to keep him near Chicago?

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!
Debbie's budding romance with that boy seems so sweet and innocent, I'm afraid of what kind of horrible thing will end up happening.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
A good episode. It's nice to have the family back. But yeah, I was all psyched to have 'lip be in MIT and doing something. College is college, I guess, when you were never going to go to one in the first place.

I'd like to know why they didn't have him go to MIT, though.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Johnny Longtorso posted:

Debbie's budding romance with that boy seems so sweet and innocent, I'm afraid of what kind of horrible thing will end up happening.

I seriously thought that car scene was going to end up in him raping her. I don't know whether that was the intent or if I'm just a horrible person though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Midnight City posted:

I seriously thought that car scene was going to end up in him raping her. I don't know whether that was the intent or if I'm just a horrible person though.

The show just keeping their thing innocent while the viewers constantly wait in terror for the usual Shameless horribleness would be cruel but also hilarious in hindsight a few months from now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drifter posted:

A good episode. It's nice to have the family back. But yeah, I was all psyched to have 'lip be in MIT and doing something. College is college, I guess, when you were never going to go to one in the first place.

I'd like to know why they didn't have him go to MIT, though.

MIT's probably super recognizable and expensive to film in. So it would be really obvious if they were faking it with a local college standing in for "MIT". It would have fooled me, I've never seen the campus. Writers probably wanted to keep him local as well so it was believable when he shows up home out of the blue. I would have liked to see the character make it to MIT as well, but if they're writing Lip not being able to hack it in Chicago yet, MIT would poo poo him out in a week.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

It's that Shameless time of the year! The most wonderful time of the year!

Seriously, this show owns wildly. 3 seasons and one episode in and I still cannot decide if it is more comedy or drama. It makes me poo poo myself laughing and gut-punches me really loving hard. And such amazing actors. Noel Fisher handles a multilayered character so drat well. Bill Macy manages to make me like watching Frank WAY past the point where I should have stopped. Joan Cusack is solid gold. And, well... #Emmy4Emmy. Alright, Shameles Season 4... bring it on.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I wonder how old that boy Debbie was with is supposed to be, he seems to think she is around his age (he thought Liam was her kid) and Debbie only turned 13 last season didn't she? Or am I getting confused.

I am also liking what they are doing with Lip as while he does seem to be really smart there is always the whole "dedication" thing, and certainly saying something like "no one has had an original thought on this in forever" in front of the guy marking your papers is a sure good way to show what your commitment to the class will be. Although maybe it all just depends on your professors, I sometimes made smart rear end comments in my papers and I never got a D, maybe Lip is just being too lippy :v:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Hi OP and posters on the first page of this thread. I just want to say thanks a lot for your posts. I randomly clicked this thread without having heard of Shameless before and on the back of the OP and what I read on the first page, I decided to start watching it from the beginning. It's now a week and a half later and I've finished season 2 and I loving love it. I can't wait to catch up and shitpost with you lot every week, but until then, thanks for giving me my new favourite show.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I was in a similar position but I caught up this morning. Now to join you all for the weekly wait.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Because its a dumb show and if it was realistic about poor people more than half the people on the show would be fat imo.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Mexcillent posted:

Because its a dumb show and if it was realistic about poor people more than half the people on the show would be fat imo.

What/who are you responding to, and why are you here?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Kaizoku posted:

What/who are you responding to, and why are you here?

Probably to the question in the thread title, and who knows.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Wrap it up guys, it's a dumb show. We've been made.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mexcillent posted:

Half of all poor people are fat?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't believe I ever thought this show was good with all of the skinny poor people. :-/

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Mexcillent posted:

Yeah man, it should be more like TV shows that accurately portray obesity rates in America by having lots of fat characters, such as

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah man, it should be more like TV shows that accurately portray obesity rates in America by having lots of fat characters, such as

Mike and Molly.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, a realistic show about poor people would be really interesting.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah, a realistic show about poor people would be really interesting.

More like boring and depressing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

withak posted:

Roseanne was a pretty good TV show. And pretty funny.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

withak posted:

:thejoke:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Sniveling faggoty fag fag-o-rama"

Debbie's storyline this season is uncomfortable.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 20, 2014

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I'm rewatching the season premier and just noticed Emmy trying really hard not to lose it when Sheila walks in and makes a comment regarding almost slipping and falling outside, in fact there's a weird cut so they probably had to reshoot it (~6:00 in). It's subtle but you can tell, she's adorable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A little short this week.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

A little short this week.

Is that a quote or an opinion? Was it only 35 minutes or what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It ended at 47 minutes or so.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It ended at 47 minutes or so.

It's never had set time for episode length. It just tells the story it needs to tell and no less or more. One of the things I like about the show. I'm almost positive there's been shorter episodes.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So is there any indication that there is actually another Gallagher daughter or is this just another one of Frank's schemes?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hcreight posted:

So is there any indication that there is actually another Gallagher daughter or is this just another one of Frank's schemes?

It has not been mentioned before.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hcreight posted:

I would tune in next week, of course it's a cliffhanger and it's definitely never been referenced in the past. Going by how the show has been in the past I would say he is serious...but who knows? William H. Macy has always been such a great loser on screen, but he really does his best work as a complete degenerate!

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I thought having a magical penis would be amazing, but Kevin doesn't seem that happy...

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Haven't watched episode 2 yet, but just popping in to say that I'm Watching It! I have watched it since episode one and I have managed to get three of my friends to watch it too. 100% success rate with them loving.

As mentioned on the first page though; As long as they keep renewing it, I don't care how few people watch the show.

I was massively worried about the direction of this season, but episode one squashed any concerns I had. So glad it's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I laughed a lot at Lip's sexual encounter, both in the lead-in and the act of.

• Locked thread