Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I think he may be a little busy plundering and pillaging on the high seas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, this season has been pretty bad so far.

Fionna's mess has been pretty awful to watch. By now you would think that she would know better and since she has this bullshit detector when it comes to Frank, the brother's game really shouldn't have worked on her.

As others pointed out about Lip's story is that all they have shown us is him struggling, studying and avoiding the horsing around. So to see him barely tread water just doesn't make sense. They needed to approach a bit differently if they wanted to sell this idea for him.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Tigren posted:

When does Lip start taking and dealing Adderall? Don't have time to sleep and work and do school stuff? Adderall! Then you can buy a laptop, and some sheets, and maybe quit the work study job.

That's what threw me off. In the past seasons Lip had no problem in slinging side poo poo to get what he needed with some quick cash. It's just that he didn't give a poo poo about it enough, but now he's having problems making some cash for the basics that he needs for school?

He's shown hustling the kitchen crew at cards, so he still has it. The whole time management thing just doesn't seem to fit since they haven't shown us him really pissing away his free time on anything besides work and having his head in books.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

cheese and crackers posted:

He might not want to risk it at this point. Getting caught with some drugs as a minor - no big deal. Get caught as an adult in school not only do you go to jail (or get probation / community service) but you get expelled from school which would suck quite a lot of dick.

The thing is, even without drugs, Lip had a lot of rackets on the side that, while were beyond the boarder morally and ethically wrong, weren't going to land him in jail. Such as fooling those kids about the concert and doing others work and what not.

It seems that they completely overlook the fact that they've shown us Lip being able to handle these hurdles. So if they want us to believe he's just not making the grade here, it's got to be shown a bit better. Cause what we see is pretty much chump change.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, I liked Lip's story finally getting better. But man, Fionna's is getting worse and worse as it progresses.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Fiona was a match. Which I'm guessing will be the loophole that Frank will stay alive to see another season. If not for the Guardianship (when Fiona is deemed unfit to be one), that with Frank alive, the family stays together.

That and Fiona's done some pretty hosed up poo poo this season that she needs to get some redemption for. And saving Frank could very well be just that.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Well, since they're married now, He'd be on Shelia's medical insurance. So bam there's your resolution to that mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

liltimshady posted:

As for Jimmy/Steve/Jack/whoever, I'd rather he not stay in Fiona's life. This season was just fine without him. (Maybe meet up once for closure but that's about it. Then again, I don't think that either of them can do that without another fling, so...stay away.)

Gets into a good relationship, fucks it up by loving the dude's brother and doing coke.. leaves said coke out for her youngest kid she's the guardian of to get into, gets arrested and pleads guilty as a convicted felon. Breaks probation and goes on a wild bender leaving her 300 miles away from home and goes to jail. Only released because of an overcrowded jail system.

Yeeeeeah, I think the last thing you could say is that Fiona's life is better without him.

As for the season, I really started missing his character when she was loving up and continued to gently caress up so badly at. Not like he had his poo poo together. But I'm glad Jimmy/Steve/Jack is back again.

• Locked thread