Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Hi OP and posters on the first page of this thread. I just want to say thanks a lot for your posts. I randomly clicked this thread without having heard of Shameless before and on the back of the OP and what I read on the first page, I decided to start watching it from the beginning. It's now a week and a half later and I've finished season 2 and I loving love it. I can't wait to catch up and shitpost with you lot every week, but until then, thanks for giving me my new favourite show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I don't understand why Fiona is getting so much poo poo here. I mean yeah, she's loving things up with her boyfriend by loving the brother but who cares, that affects noone else in the family but herself. It's stupid to date your boss and all but it's clearly the bosses job to not let the two situations get mixed up, not hers. It was ridiculous that he made such a big deal out of her lying about the car as well. A first reaction should maybe have been "I saw someone attacked you, are you ok?" no matter if he was her boss or boyfriend. Either way, she got put in a lovely situation because she was clearly lying to try to save her job (even though she didn't do much if anything wrong in the first place), but it got turned into her lying to her boyfriend too.

And after everything she's done for the family, I think she deserves a little bit of success herself, especially when that success comes in the form of working her rear end off to pay for things like food for the kids. It's not like she wasn't working a lot before, she just has nicer clothes and more regular hours now.

What I'm saying is Fiona is awesome and I will not have you all badmouthing her.

Season 4 Debbie can take a boatride with JimmySteve for all I care though.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

merk posted:

The Gallaghers have been out-Gallaghered before. She might have a shot.

I think for me the worst moment in the series was Monica using their squirrel fund on her useless poo poo and half-baked ideas. God I was furious while watching that whole episode.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

The Duke posted:

I'm glad Mickey is more of a character this season, some of the poo poo he says to the Russian prostitutes is hilarious. Not the exact line but when he was ranting about "I can jerk it, he can jerk it, get a viable skill or shut the gently caress up!" I cracked up pretty hard.

I agree, that line was outstanding. His whole sideplot as Ghetto Entrepeneur is hilarious and awesome. The extra layer of his sexuality and his relationship with Ian makes his character very interesting too, and even just the short conversation with Lip was great drama.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

Exactly. She's a loving saint who's been shat on by life since the day she was born. She cracked and made a terrible mistake, the way others would have done far earlier and far more often. It's disgusting the way the legal system treats her and everyone like her. Yes, she's a felon. That doesn't mean the solution is to gently caress over the rest of her life. What do they think that sort of treatment is going to do other than create more crime? People make mistakes. When that happens they're supposed to pick themselves up and learn from those mistakes - instead, too many countries have exactly what Fiona's experiencing. The problem is that people like Mike's sister think they have a right to judge when they've grown up affluent and spoiled - in truth, if she had Fiona's life she likely would have hosed up even harder. It's people like that who refuse to see criminals as people and are swayed by 'tough on crime' initiatives when every scrap of evidence shows that rehabilitative measures are objectively far more effective. Ugh.

Excellent episode, as evidenced by it getting me so riled up. This season is fantastic, the slow start was such a good bit of misdirection before There's The Rub kicked it into overdrive.

I just wanna say that this is a great post. I've said the same thing previously. Fiona's hosed up but she's still the best person I've ever known of in real life or fiction. Noone takes that amount of poo poo and still manages to improve the lives of five children. Someone needs to hug her and tell her she done good.

I get that the shtick in Shameless is to poo poo all over everyone we care about but I'd like the show to end on a positive note for Fiona somehow.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

^^ Ethel's kid ^^

BreakAtmo posted:

poo poo, knowing this show I bet at least one will actually need to literally walk over broken glass.

Reminder that Fiona recently had to sprint home barefoot through the streets of Chicago in the middle of winter. I think we're there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I thought for sure Frank was going to take one last sip and then pour out the rest but then it just wouldn't be Shameless would it.

I'm excited about Jimmy coming back. He's a complete gently caress-up but mostly in the right kind of way, like all the Gallagher kids. Also, I think it'll make Fiona happy and all I want is for her to be happy.

• Locked thread