Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sober posted:

The best part was how her brothers threatened her with a freshly digged grave that freaked her out. Then a bunch of gangbangers show up and ask if they could use it, and then pay them for having it pre-digged. loving Shameless.

No point wasting a good grave. Mandy's brother is a frustrating character but the short times he opens up to Ian are pretty :3 Is this show considered progressive or does it lose points because there are closeted people who say fag?

I think my favourite moment in this show was the agoraphobic woman finally running outside to save Liam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drifter posted:

A good episode. It's nice to have the family back. But yeah, I was all psyched to have 'lip be in MIT and doing something. College is college, I guess, when you were never going to go to one in the first place.

I'd like to know why they didn't have him go to MIT, though.

MIT's probably super recognizable and expensive to film in. So it would be really obvious if they were faking it with a local college standing in for "MIT". It would have fooled me, I've never seen the campus. Writers probably wanted to keep him local as well so it was believable when he shows up home out of the blue. I would have liked to see the character make it to MIT as well, but if they're writing Lip not being able to hack it in Chicago yet, MIT would poo poo him out in a week.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where has Liam been this season? Does Ms. Cusack take care of him?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really didn't expect the roommate confrontation to go down like that. That guy's way too nice

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BreakAtmo posted:

Me neither, and when it happened I thought it was loving hilarious.

merk posted:

He wasn't all that interesting of a character. It would've added an unnecessary story line.

Drifter posted:

SUBVERSION!
:ironicat:

Drifter posted:

Especially when Lip was getting his butt kicked for sleeping with ANOTHER dude's girlfriend.
Twice the drama doesn't necessarily make for a story that's twice as good.

The roommate is criminally nice to Lip and that's the weirdest part about the character to me. All my roommates were lazy as gently caress and wouldn't get my poo poo out of the oven while I was in the shower, nevermind lugging my books/homework across the city. I hope he starts hitting the gym and steals Mandy from Lip.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drifter posted:

Everything about Frank living has been kinda dumb - not saying I want him to die, but the plot resolution is pretty loving stupid-, but holy poo poo this episode was amazing.

And Lip's heart-to-heart, all three seconds of it, with Fiona was kinda nice, too. :3:

His surgery was great, hahaha. That was a good turn.

This is such a good show.

"Whoever has been keeping you pumped full of painkillers seems to have stumbled upon the exact right combination. You weren't getting any better, but your other organs were too confused to die!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy A. Person posted:

That would be a pretty rad hospital if they were savvy to what was going on and had Sheila's info queued up and ready so that the second they got married they could wheel him out of there. I am not discounting what you are saying I am just saying that would genuinely be a cool thing.

That would be a warm-hearted Shameless type thing to do, but an altruistic hospital stretches believability a bit too thin. Frank being reincarnated as a younger Carl would be more likely in the real world:smith:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was all part of the act. It doesn't really matter if Sheila understood what he was saying or not.

The guy might also know what the scam is but he's still going to benefit. He knew the kidney was his, but they're going to take something from him too. Or it was an act, who knows.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

In the real world, aren't there pretty strict restrictions to get on the donor list if you were a major drug addict/alcoholic? Not that I care regarding the show's plot in the least, I just thought they were pretty drat strict when it comes to stuff like that.

Especially so since Frank is basically a homeless person. I could see a hospital pulling out all the stops to save a rich drug addict, but not Frank.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Frank seeing not-Fiona die was intense. He has to blame himself for that. In his mind he left his kids alone to get drugs, and woke up with him and Fiona in a hospital. He comments that she could have frozen to death waiting for them, and then she actually dies. That has to be the catalyst for a turnaround.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

America is great and does great things, hardly news imo

Go home Frank, you're drunk.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fetus Tree posted:

lol yeah it was great, especially since it seems like it was true

(was some chinese whore house)

Maybe she's your mom!:v: was a cheap line but it got a laugh from me

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oliver Reed posted:

Was going through some season 3 episodes. Didn't realize Kenyatta was introduced during the last couple episodes. Also forgot that Mandy introduces him to Lip by saying he blew a load in her mouth in the bathroom :stare:.

And I know it's old ground but the whole Mandy raping Karen with a car thing still bothers me. Yes, Karen was a despicable person, but I dunno. I feel bad. Maybe I'm just being naive and letting 'two wrongs don't make a right' bullshit cloud my vision.

Also Karen got sent away with a sex addict to get holistic healing. I know the show made him out to be a stand-up guy and really nice, but that seemed...shady.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What was that song that played at the end of the episode? The music combined with the shots of Frank/Carl made it seem pretty clear he was being set up for the same life.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sleepingbuddha posted:

"Chucky! Pot roast!" Fat kid comes running.
That was awesome. I loved that little moment between Cusack and Sammi.

I am a little disappointed the final shot of the season wasn't Carl setting a nameless biker on fire as a callback to the cats, but what can ya do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I actually saw the JimmySteve thing last night but I completely mistook the characters. I thought it was a scene of Lip's girlfriend's parents staking out his house or something weird like that. Now I want to know who he was with.

news article posted:

“HOLLLLLLY MOLY NO IDEA. HE'S ALIVE. JUST FOUND OUT WITH YOU. PPL CALLING ME. SO MAD DIDN'T SEE LIVE. #JIMMYSTEVE @Justingchatwin #SHAMELESS,” Emmy Rossum tweeted to her followers.

• Locked thread