Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, a realistic show about poor people would be really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

withak posted:

More like boring and depressing.

:thejoke:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SLAPSHOT MERELY OK posted:

Carl is gonna turn into a Frank

Carl is about five times smarter and ten times more ruthless then Frank. Carl's gonna turn into a Terry Milkovich. He's guilty of multiple shoplifting, underage drinking, smoking and drug use, multiple thievery, multiple breaking and entering, unlawful possession and discharge of firearms, drug dealing, multiple violent assault, attempted murder and shooting a loving bald eagle and he's not even thirteen yet. He also feels zero remorse for any of that. Frank is weak as poo poo, Carl is anything but. And unlike Frank he's utterly loyal to his family (just look how he takes care of Liam).

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ProphetX posted:

So I have been re-watching from Season One as well as keeping up with this season, and I don't understand how in the first few season time and time again Debbie accepts Frank and later Monica's behavior. I understand she is young as well as the fact that she is supposed to be the kind hearted one out of the Gallagher clan. But it is really a flimsy issue. I just find it hard to believe that no matter how much you love someone or care that you could keep putting up with all that poo poo, though I know even she eventually gets sick of it

Well then you haven't seen anywhere close enough kids with lovely parents...plus you see all of the kids forgive their parents once or twice during the course of the series only to get hosed over by them again. I mean Carl still hangs out with Frank constantly.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Not sure what was more scary in this episode, how Ian had ended up or Liam's drug episode :stare: this show hits you hard, always.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Mash posted:

I agree, that line was outstanding. His whole sideplot as Ghetto Entrepeneur is hilarious and awesome. The extra layer of his sexuality and his relationship with Ian makes his character very interesting too, and even just the short conversation with Lip was great drama.

"Hey yeah, we can get some methheads to hand out flyers and poo poo!"

"And pay them how?"

"We don't. We just tell 'em we pay them and if they complain, beat the poo poo out of them."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

teagone posted:

The whole episode was pretty much just all :smith: with a slight :unsmith: at the end. But drat. It literally made me feel downtrodden and melancholy afterward. Amazing stuff. Also, Jeremy Allen White has been killing it these last few episodes among some really solid performances from his castmates. Dude is a solid actor.

Pretty much my favorite alongside whoever plays Carl. drat did the kid actors get better once they got a bit older :stare:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jack Skeleton posted:

That and Fiona's done some pretty hosed up poo poo this season that she needs to get some redemption for. And saving Frank could very well be just that.

Saving Frank would add more bad karma on her in my opinion.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BreakAtmo posted:

They're gonna gently caress, aren't they :v:

A) It's Shameless

B) It's Lip

C) Unrelated but Carl is so badass I can't take it

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 24, 2014

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well it would be an area of being poor in U.S. that they still haven't explored yet.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Wow, was that like the first episode in one and half seasons where Fiona got a happy ending?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LazyDivey posted:

Well looks like Ian is indeed bi-polar

That seemed pretty clear, remember a while back when Debbie said that it's hereditary? Didn't know it was foreshadowing then.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's a loving miracle that Fiona is as well-adjusted as she is. I mean, she's the only one who has ever had to deal with Frank and Monica's bullshit alone, and has been raising five kids since she was just a kid herself. She never had anyone to lean onto until Lip grew old and responsible enough.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Deadpool posted:

That would be the obvious thing. She's almost completely hit bottom at this point. When you do that you usually make even poorer decisions than the ones that got you there. Next week is probably the episode where everything comes completely crashing down for her.

Jesus I don't really know how it can get any worse for her. I'm actually kinda pissed off at the show for making GBS threads on her this much, there will be practically nothing left of her by the time this show is done with her :stare:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Oliver Reed posted:

Re-watched the episode, wondering two things: 1) was it ever confirmed that Liam suffered brain damage? and 2) memory is hazy but the Alibi was most definitely robbed by a man/men (and therefore not Carl's new girlfriend)?

1) No, it has just been jokes thus far.
2) Yes.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Does anyone else feel like Sheila's character makes no sense anymore? She's gotten really bizarre.

She's always been the worst character, now without any real ties to the show besides Frank she is even more annoying.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

homo punching bag posted:

That has to be the catalyst for a turnaround.

...it's Frank we're talking about. I very much doubt it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fetus Tree posted:

so

i guess i'll be the first to bring it up

did frank bang his mom :stonk:

Probably. Peggy Gallagher and Terry Milkovich are by far the two worst characters to appear in the series. Behind every hosed up person in the show is even more of a hosed up parent...

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Actually the season enders to me have always been somewhat positive/neutral (by this show's standards).

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rewatching this show. In hindsight the contrast between the Milkoviches and Gallaghers is huge, there really is 0% love in the former. How many sons does Terry have anyway?

Mickey was clearly the best character the 4th season though. This is totally like, the second most underrated show on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fetus Tree posted:

Whats the first most underrated one?

Continuum.

• Locked thread