Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Didn't Lip get the MIT guy to agree that he doesn't have to do generic undergrad bs? Should have gone there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

If he was going to give up and go home they wouldn't have kept him in Chicago.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

DivisionPost posted:

But I thought he was in MIT...Oh poo poo, did I gently caress up the OP?
He got a full ride to MIT but he didn't go. He's in some Chicago university. While this could easily just be a comment about his character, not really wanting to leave home, it's also an easy way to keep him connected to the main family while keeping him in college.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Not really feeling this season so far. Debbie's storyline is too creepy. Never really cared for Carl. He's more interesting this season but there's still too much of him. Lip: The College Years is just too obvious and trite. I like seeing Fionna succeed, but I know it won't last so it gets depressing. I really miss Ian.

I do, however, love Kevin and V.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Oh it gets creepy. :pedo:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Yes I'm worried about what horrible thing Frank will do to his daughter to get the liver. He killed a woman for... a couple grand? I forget. It wasn't much. He's a bad person.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I pretty much hate this season. Oh well.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Aside from the hardass work study boss, the most absurd part was apparently every campus computer got hijacked for a game tournament? What?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I could see Lip struggling with lit papers, but there's no way an intro to macro course for non-econ majors should be any kind of challenge.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wayside Bazaar posted:

It is Shameless so the show would be boring to watch if the show wasn't full of flawed characters, living in lovely conditions, making bad decisions. I knew all the good things happening at the very beginning of the season weren't going to last long but I am kind of surprised how quickly everything is starting to go downhill when the season is just barely 1/4 through.
Fiona's bad decisions are frustrating and depressing.

Kev and V's bad decisions are fun and hilarious.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Okay Carl's cool in my book now.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Here's my biggest problem with Fionas's storyline: It's boring and predictable.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm pretty sure she came back to try and scam Frank out of the insurance money.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Drifter posted:

Why should people hate Debbie's friends, unless you think you should also hate Mandy or the slutbag Fiona used to be.
Used to be?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Brennan posted:

So is Ian on coke now?
Given the scene, my guess was molly.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Liam is a true Gallagher, btw.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Well that was thoroughly depressing.

They even managed to ruin Emmy Rossum taking her clothes off.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wasn't it implied she'd lost her job with the dude's "I never want to see you again" line?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Even if Fiona agreed he can't afford the surgery. He can't get his settlement money for a year or whatever.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

withak posted:

I'm assuming that Carl's last scene was him selling the "evidence" from Frank's room to some other kid?

Huh? He took the short bus. It was showing he fit in more with the "special needs" kids. Or was at least more accepted. That was his lunch bag.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hate what they've done to Debbie this season. I loved her as the awkward kid forced to mature too young due to a broken family. It was fun watching her cope with situations above her head. Now she's just a bitchy teen in a creepy relationship.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

OneWhiteWhisker posted:

I think we're seeing what a quirky kid from a dysfunctional home trying to grow up too fast and having no idea how to do it looks like. It's rough, it's awkward and it's hard to watch. That's puberty in a nutshell. In the spectrum of dysfunction, she's the "weird kid". It's cute when they're little, but once they start to take on the characteristics of adults, it quickly becomes creepy, even repugnant. Considering how she wears her heart on her sleeve, she's in for a world of hurt, and it will be gut-wrenching to see how she processes it (or finds a means of self-medication to avoid doing so).

I think Debbie's growth is fairly realistic and organic to her character. I just don't like it. I think her character could have gone in far more unique and interesting directions.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Female Carl is much more likeable than regular Carl.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Henchman of Santa posted:

So last night's episode was "The Legend of Bonnie and Carl," right? For some reason, Xfinity does not have that episode available online, but does have the episode airing next week ("Liver, I Hardly Know Her"). Despite their airdates, last night's is listed as Episode 10 and next week's is listed as Episode 9. Should I wait a few days to try to watch this on demand?
It's the right episode. They just have the name wrong.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Everything has gone so horribly this season I thought for sure Kev murdered his family.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Why isn't Lip taking any calculus classes?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'd watch Shamemore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Disappointed to see Jimmy back.