Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Showtime Anytime is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There's a huge element to the Lip issue that this thread is missing: his family. Lip is struggling in school because he lacks motivation due to missing his family. You saw that in his phone call home when things were going badly. He kept asking whether they needed anything and the look on his face when he figured out he wasn't needed was clear sadness.

The previews for this week's episode seem to support this theory. I think he'll have a major turn around in like one or two episodes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

There's a huge element to the Lip issue that this thread is missing: his family. Lip is struggling in school because he lacks motivation due to missing his family. You saw that in his phone call home when things were going badly. He kept asking whether they needed anything and the look on his face when he figured out he wasn't needed was clear sadness.

The previews for this week's episode seem to support this theory. I think he'll have a major turn around in like one or two episodes.

...and it was one episode.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Gallaghers have been out-Gallaghered before. She might have a shot.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone asked earlier:

quote:

(720 ILCS 5/12C-5) (was 720 ILCS 5/12-21.6)
Sec. 12C-5. Endangering the life or health of a child.
(a) A person commits endangering the life or health of a child when he or she knowingly: (2) causes or permits a child to be placed in circumstances that endanger the child's life or health.

(d) Sentence. A violation of this Section is a Class A misdemeanor.

quote:

Sec. 5-4.5-55. CLASS A MISDEMEANORS; SENTENCE. For a Class A misdemeanor:
(a) TERM. The sentence of imprisonment shall be a determinate sentence of less than one year.

I can't think of anything stronger to charge her under the ILCS. That said, I'm not a prosecutor. I also don't think they'd get her on cocaine possession since we didn't see police seizing anything or even going into the house.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fiona has insurance through the cup place that will magically find its way to cover Frank once she is the one donating.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I really didn't expect the roommate confrontation to go down like that. That guy's way too nice

He wasn't all that interesting of a character. It would've added an unnecessary story line.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Krowley posted:

Well the three-strikes stuff definitely exists so I wouldn't be surprised if the curfew rules were unreasonably strict.

I don't believe Illinois has a three-strikes law. On top of that, the laws Fiona actually violated with the cocaine thing should have ended up as misdemeanors, not felonies. On top of that, the conditions of Fiona's probation are not in line with Illinois statute.

Basically, the whole thing was dramatized because it's a television show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made the mistake of cancelling Showtime in favor of HBO for the Games of Thrones premiere and forgot about the Shameless finale. Can I buy the last episode anywhere? I didn't see it on iTunes last night.

• Locked thread