Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Having bingewatched the whole show back to back last season, I really couldn't tell much difference between season 3 and 4. Season 5 has gotten some laughs out of me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

Brick is one of the worst songs ever recorded. It is the Season 4 puppet episode of music.

Wow this is so wrong. I mean, at least the puppet episode had George Costanza in it, there is nothing redeeming about Brick. :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Cory Snyder posted:

Was lampshade recently in a word of the day calendar or something?

It's a stupid TVTropes thing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Community Thread: ABC - Aping Bad Comedy

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Oz posted:

I prefer Paizo's Pathfinder system. It's based on the D&D 3.5 system with some modifications and I think it's a great system overall. Also, the entirety of it is available for free online.

http://paizo.com/prd/
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Uh...

Republican Vampire posted:

Dungeons and Dragons is an incredibly terrible game. I initially wrote more words but it really breaks down to that

This goes triple for Pathfinder.

But anyway, anyone interested in rpgs should check out the D&D (Dice & Drama) subforum of Games, we talk about all kinds of games and you're sure to find something that looks cool if you want to try something out.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Republican Vampire posted:

D&D is a terrible game. Play something fun like Geist, Fiasco or Paranoia instead. Fiasco's probably the easiest one to get normal people to play because it's got a bit of a party game atmosphere going on and the genre (It's inspired by Coen Brothers films) is an easier sell.

Or, if people want the whole fantasy swords and magic experience, there's Dungeon World which takes all the fun bits of D&D, and cuts out all the sperg. Classes come as playbooks, creating a character takes seconds, and you can be up and running in about half an hour if you're new.

It's an indie game, so getting hardcopies of the book is tough right now, but you can find the pdf for 10bux (I think) and dice are like another 5bux at your local game store. Much like the episode, you can totally run with one set of dice and just share them between players.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rexides posted:

If you want to interrogate hobgoblins and don't care about any fiddly combat poo poo, play Dungeon World.

And punch them in the heart!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Irish Joe posted:

Who fans are the worst.

Something they have in common with Community fans it seems.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Frostwerks posted:

Who cares, your opinions suck.

This thread, in a nutshell.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
And once more, the Community tm thread begins to eat itself.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

The show really suffered when Harmon's friend Carlos Mencia took over co-writing duties in Season 3.

That explains the unexplained uptick in "beaner" jokes, now I need to update my comedy/not comedy spreadsheet!

Edit: darn, this totally throwing off my "actually laughed out loud" averages.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 29, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have never laughed, because of my alcoholism, and that is why I like Community, the Arrested Development of TV comedies.

Sorry, DaVinci's Demons is the Arrested Development of TV comedies.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This announcement made me verbally with my mouth parts laugh out loud more than the last season of Community has, it is at least 34% more funny.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

He will be joining Agents of Shield this fall.

Whoa, cool, I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

I was joking due to his cameo in Captain America.

Ok, but it would be cool if they made his cameo a thing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Zaggitz posted:

Whoever came into the IRC channel is a pretty big loser and should consider jumping off a bridge. Thank you that is all.

I agree.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Action Man posted:

Or use the ignore button on him. I'd argue that's also worth it.

Not as entertaining though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MrAristocrates posted:

I can't believe anyone remembers this.

I don't. What/why is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT