Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
OP is really long and buries useful information under piles of whitenoise.

Anyone know when the season starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
In before edit. Alright January 2nd, cool.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

I dont want to use up valuable posting resources

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

full effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv2Hu4pHAFc

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

So what's the first worst fanbase for a show about friendship?

Hannibal

(its ponies, its always ponies)

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Honestly I've never been a huge fan of Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas. Regional Holiday Music is drastically better in basically every way.

Same. Haven't seen either episode in a long time, but I easily think back and remember all the parts I liked about Regional Holiday Music and most songs/shifts in the episode. Abed's Christmas just isn't all that memorable aside from the gimmick (well, and the clay characters like Teddy pierce or Jeff in the Box). Plus the funniest joke ABC gave us wasn't even in that episode.... it was the clip show's recollection of Jeff's stoic disinterest with everyone pretending to be made of clay.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

I actually figured it was more a reference to Chevy Chase.

Nah, Glover is leaving part way through this season after x episodes.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

ashpanash posted:

I'm thinking per-episode threads are a good idea if we're going to get 20+ pages per episode.

Nah

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Bown posted:

I'm actually surprised how many people found the Abed Cage freakout funny. It was one of the only gags to me that felt like they were trying way too hard, and made me wonder why exactly they'd wanted to do that episode for so long in the first place, if it was just gonna boil down to another "Abed goes crazy" bit.

I didn't like this at first but watched the episode a second time and laughed really loving hard.

It did require suspension of belief that Abed would even question Cage's brilliance though, but hey it's television.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Episode was okay but everything involving music was loving golden. Shirley's boys singing "Creep", the intro credits, the Tom Waits/Nick Cave tribute about buttcracks, five seconds of "Adagio For Strings" before facebook search finished, and of course all the stuff about Dave Matthews.

Also somehow Shirley is starting to become my favorite character. Her nonverbal acting has been excellent, just check out her lip-synching to creep.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

But you're just gonna power on through it anyway.

Where was this?

Neil plays it over the radio "red right hand" style during a brief montage of how rear end-crack-fevor is affecting the campus, and a different part plays during the other montage of everyone after Pierce dies.

I probably should have phrased it as "the tribute to Nick Cave/Tom Waits about buttcracks".

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

ashpanash posted:

Probably. Odds are you're watching the final seasons right now.

On any other network probably. But NBC is Greendale IRL so who knows.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

All the people in the montage were red-herrings, I know the rear end crack bandit was Arthur Leigh Allen even if I can't prove it for sure.

Also, this is a last episode thing, but I liked the set decoration for Hickey's desk. Mostly crime scene photos of dead bodies on his wall.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

How was it? Worth watching?

Fo sho. Zodiac is great. And the CGI would blow your mind if you knew it was even there.

Its still up on Netflix instant right now too.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Ah man I probably would have bought the S4 DVDS for that. Especially after the beach rape joke.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

I thought Troys final good-bye scene was pretty weak. I think that music just made it feel forced and saccharine.

They should have scored that whole part to the soft beginning of "Come Sail Away" (maybe without the vocals, maybe with) very gradually building until Troy's driving off when it goes full blast just like it did. drat that would have owned.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Hbomberguy posted:

Except for the Bear Down scenes, I really didn't like this episode. It felt like the sort of thing I was constantly expecting season four to regress into. I liked this season so far, too.

Same. Only time I laughed out loud really was Garret's reaction to the dogs being bears.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Things I did not enjoy about this episode:
  • useless guest stars
  • the "not game of thrones lol" stuff and references
  • abeds deaf girl
  • abeds not deaf girl that people love because ???
  • hickey and annies lack of chemistry
  • the very few jokes
I laughed once, ergo iza facto: this was not a good episode.

There was once a place where people who did not like certain episodes of Community were treated as second class citizens. People were not able to say "didn't like" without coercion to rationalize it even though others could say "did like." Even then they were still belittled and accused of heinous things that were not true.

That place? Apartheid South Africa, until Nelson Mandela fought a war so everyone could have a chill time.

thank you. love and peace.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

That's some bubble if it excludes Terminator 2: Judgement Day and The X-Files The Sopranos

Even people who watched the last few seasons of the x-files don't remember them

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

MrAristocrates posted:

I honestly thought this thread was doing pretty okay up until this post.

Take a few deep breathes and youll be okay

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You're surprised that members of this forum would have persecution complexes?

Just like the apartheid state Israel

:mmmsmug:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

uh are you sure community is back?

cause i saw john oliver at the study room and part of the intro, but then NBC cut to what i thought was a commercial

but thers the nbc logo and now this nathon fillon looking mother fucker showing some kids around

wtf

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

hrm. i guess its the affiliate or something but here theres some show called parenthood playing instead

whatever the hell that is

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

I give that episode 5 MeowMeowBeenz

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

I thought last week's episode was really awful and a contender for worst episode of the series, but this week was... magical?

The first half was a little light on laughs and the story meandered a bit but once they got to the sale reveal everything came together with jokes that landed really hard and an interesting plot with characters in brave new states and even some sentimentality.

It felt like a season one episode in a lot of ways... well really like season one episode you're watching after the comedown from an acid trip where everything feels sort of off but in this good, compelling way.

If I had to wrote a thousand words about this episode, that word would be tomato.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Veep is a bad show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

and jesus wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer

looking good community, lookin good

• Locked thread