Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Also, read about Dan Harmon's Story Circles.

This is going to be the best season of Dan Harmon ever.

When I first read his story circles stuff it blew my mind, because to have it explained like that just makes it so obvious that is how stories work.

A MIRACLE posted:

Great op! Are we doing separate threads per episodes or keeping it all in here?

It's going to be new weekly thread per episode, due to the massive influx of new posters as the rebooted Community becomes a critical and ratings darling.

Or much more realistically, a 17 page thread for the entire season that ends with the shows cancellation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Ludwig Gorannson (the show's composer) released a medley of tunes that wasn't on the original soundtrack. (He still has yet to release the tunes from Fistful of Paintballs though!) It is both awesome, uplifting and amazingly nostalgic. (for something that is 4 years old)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzdJFyHM5cc

This show. :allears:

Season 1 music, best music.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Really digging the season 1 vibe that these episodes had. I wasn't a big fan of Abed going crazy and repeatedly channeling Nicholas Cage, but apart from that I loved the episodes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Am I the only person who heard it as "That's like me blaming owls for how much I suck at anowlogies"?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm hoping that the link that Shirley and Abed appeared to forge this week will be one of his lifelines once Troy leaves.

I hope so too. Especially with Shirleys family being gone, I can see her taking on a role of looking out for Abed after Troy leaves. Not in a mothering aspect as such, but more things like when she saved his rear end when he was making ABED.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Dan Harmon made an entire episode inspired by Heart of Darkness with the Dean as the central figure; I don't think he gets character restraint as much as you think he does.

That's different though because the entire plot of the episode was about him getting surrounded by yes men and growing an inflated ego, and all his eccentricities in that episode were called out and mostly undone by the end of it.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Did anyone recognize the voice on the radio? Sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

It's Neil, hence the little D&D callback at the end.

it was mentioned by someone that he was just credited as Neil in the last episode as well instead of fat Neil, I wonder if they're going to make a little background subplot (like him being Real Neil in this episode) of him having a different nickname now.

edit: Like everyone else has been saying, wow, just wow. This show is back so hard, if they keep up this quality and don't get another season there is no justice in the universe.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 10, 2014

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I don't know if it was intentional, but it's interesting how just after Starburns is revealed to be alive they announce Pierces death in a similar way to how we learned of Starburns car explosion.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I am curious about the characters lives outside Greendale, and like that they generally don't show them. Like how the diner Britta worked at only appeared in the Dinner with Andre episode.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Chairman Mao posted:

Same here, I still think the only way to salvage most of season 4 is to retroactively inject some Dan Harmon into it. I can see why having this guy spout stuff off the top of his head while watching something he deeply, personally despises would be a mistake though.

He's got a podcast though, he should just start putting out unofficial commentaries there and getting people to sync it themselves. It's not like the idea's never been done before.

I think more than anything else it's restraint out of respect for some of the people who worked on Season 4, and the fact that he has to work with some of them After those initial controversial comments it seems Harmon has adopted the stance of "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing".

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Also bummed out that he had so little good to say/give to Aybed. :smith:

Yeah, but the "here's your sperm" line was worth it.

I don't remember who was talking about the idea that they might alter Abeds character this season, but this episode would also work towards that. In this episode everyone had their quirks disected and attacked, but utimately accepted as being part of what makes them good, except for Abed.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If this was a full length season I have to imagine this would have been a two parter.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Don't get my hopes up, if I recall correctly they nearly had Tobias show up as a character on Scrubs, so I could see him popping up as a teacher at Greendale.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The only better thing would be to get a proper 20 episode season, to give breathing space for new ideas around the inevitable callback type episodes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The closing credits scene on the shows final episode should just show Troy waking up in Pierces mansion, going to the bathroom and discovering Pierce in the shower.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, yes. The seventh season will get into this in detail. Didn't you ever wonder why you never see post-1997 celebrities outside of Pawnee?

You Britta'd that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Abed would have had a field day with the way the Parks crew are always talking to the camera.

• Locked thread