Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

There are so many, I guess just post your favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Me, at you, for this heinous thread.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

Gah, there was this one, can't think of it... it had this guy and was really upset about something related to a child being punished. 2009 probably. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

May your eyes be opened by the wonderful

There was that time they relaxed the rules and all the boring threads went away so all those posters went to A/T and started whining in the mods thread so that thread got closed.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB

9/11

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

I was just prowlin' SAclopedia and came across this gem.

quote:

After the Super Bowl halftime show, goons flocked to the forums and began posting about the Janet Jackson incident, creating a lot of strain on the servers. The forums were closed for a while, and each was replaced with the phrase "GBS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS." Upon reopening, GBS was renamed to the topic above for a day or two.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007

King Kong of Megadongs

Gobblin' them mega schlongs

Makin' sure they mega long

Stroke 'em if they mega strong

dobies dugs

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

there are pederastic headmen in afghanistan? GENOCIDE NOW

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

that thread dedicated to a really old goon that got poo poo on when he started talking about being a cop in chicago

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me."

Well there was this time that ehehehehe oh man... I mean there was this heoeooehueueheueh I can't even. Okay one more time. There was ahoahohohod hehuhuheheu ahaha hdhdh it was hehehehuuhauhehuah. I guess you had to be there.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Juche Fucktodd posted:

that thread dedicated to a really old goon that got poo poo on when he started talking about being a cop in chicago

That was Tokaii, I thought the thread was pretty good overall, there were only a couple of idiots making GBS threads it up and he handled them well

Stoat
Jun 8, 2006

girlmecha

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

halloween 2013

I went there

Petey
Nov 25, 2005

I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but the Patriots secondary happeneth to them all.

- Ecclesiastes

exquisite tea posted:

Well there was this time that ehehehehe oh man... I mean there was this heoeooehueueheueh I can't even. Okay one more time. There was ahoahohohod hehuhuheheu ahaha hdhdh it was hehehehuuhauhehuah. I guess you had to be there.

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

gnarlyhotep posted:

That was Tokaii, I thought the thread was pretty good overall, there were only a couple of idiots making GBS threads it up and he handled them well

it was an interesting thread that i enjoyed reading

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BigPeeler threads were a time to come together and listen to BigPeeler's charming anecdotes.

VikingSkull
Jul 23, 2008

Free pats on the back
Inquire within

Osama Bin Laden assassination thread was really good for mock indignation and manufactured outrage, that was pretty neat

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Juche Fucktodd posted:

it was an interesting thread that i enjoyed reading

could you link that, I really liked Tokaii he's pretty awesome

Petey
Nov 25, 2005

I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but the Patriots secondary happeneth to them all.

- Ecclesiastes

jbarwick

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Joey Vapes lol

they gave him mod powers and he just created a bunch of threads

total loser

TheLovablePlutonis
Mar 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

Osama Bin Laden assassination thread was really good for mock indignation and manufactured outrage, that was pretty neat

a true hero died that day الله أكبر

please don't come after me NSA i'm not a terrist

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004

any time i post about communism or there is a thread about communism

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

i like when gbs 2.1 gets mad at people for making fun of idiots and weirdos

Nubile Hillock
Feb 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

exquisite tea posted:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004

VarXX posted:

i like when gbs 2.1 gets mad at people for making fun of idiots and weirdos

this more ironic than i dont knwo what

Juche Fucktodd
Nov 2, 2012

to change the forums

Malinois posted:

could you link that, I really liked Tokaii he's pretty awesome

I can only find the original goldmined thread from 04

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

I think my favorite one was when I flipped out of this thread.

Idiots.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Buckwild Dorf posted:

I think my favorite one was when I flipped out of this thread.

Idiots.

oh snap

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

this is an empty country
and i am the king
and i should not be allowed
to touch anything

when the xbone thread got gassed

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

I'M SCARED OF BLACK PEOPLE

When Lowtax sold "shares" of Somethingawful and told Goons that they were getting in on the ground floor of an imminent NASDAQ IPO; they turned out to be worthless, of course.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

I really enjoyed seeing all the meltdowns in early November when the old GBS crowd was still trying to maintain control of the forum

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Narciss posted:

When Lowtax sold "shares" of Somethingawful and told Goons that they were getting in on the ground floor of an imminent NASDAQ IPO; they turned out to be worthless, of course.

holy poo poo link

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

by angerbeet

that time schmorky was outed for being a diaper fur

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I really enjoyed seeing all the meltdowns in early November when the old GBS crowd was still trying to maintain control of the forum

yeah the best ones were in that QCS thread

Ask Me About The Forums or something like that

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

Green Puddin posted:

that time schmorky was outed for being a diaper fur

haha that never happened. shmorky is a valued front page guy and has no secret diaper/trans secrets. he is a goon fo sho. a real OG who understands that at the end of the day, were all internet nerds, joined in laffs.

edit: what the gently caress???? :puke:

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Juche Fucktodd posted:

I can only find the original goldmined thread from 04

that's cool, didn't know it was there thanks

mangosteens = profit was pretty retarded

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

Screw BU. Harvard too.

Petey posted:

jbarwick