Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«35 »
ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

Yay chaos! Let's go chaos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeebHustler
Jan 16, 2007

Kyle Orton is about to lead the most improbable playoff run in NFL history.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I'm so sorry Tony G

Sweeney Tom
Aug 9, 2012

The elite quarterback, seen here in its natural element.

If you were to ask me who I think will win the Super Bowl, all of these playoff teams look pretty bad and I probably wouldn't be able to give an answer until at least the Super Bowl itself

anime fuck pillow
May 9, 2010

For the otaku who wants to take his 2D relationship to the next level

Should probably timg this too (kalensc rules):

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

This game just shows how pathetic the Lions really are, Falcons have nothing to play for weeks play with there hearts out. Lions have everything to fight for say eh gently caress it lets go bowling dude.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

N: @AdamSchefter: And @michaelsmith just beat @mortreport in the ESPN War Room fantasy league finals on a hail-mary interception....wow.

V: Adam Schefter tweets now banned from TFF for talking about fantasy football

Oh, I got kind of bored and tallied up the returning playoff teams each year back to the re-alignment. 2013 based on current standings. Put it in a GDoc because I don't want to break tables.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lFU2IwLWc#gid=0

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Copy That:
--MILK CRATES-- INBOUND!

I never knew this was a thing. This amuses me and makes me just a wee bit at the same time.

In other news: I am so, so, SO disappointed in you, Atlanta.

Flikken
Oct 22, 2009

I say Old Chum, would you like to go 4 and 12 with me?

whypick1 posted:

N: @AdamSchefter: And @michaelsmith just beat @mortreport in the ESPN War Room fantasy league finals on a hail-mary interception....wow.

V: Adam Schefter tweets now banned from TFF for talking about fantasy football

Oh, I got kind of bored and tallied up the returning playoff teams each year back to the re-alignment. 2013 based on current standings. Put it in a GDoc because I don't want to break tables.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lFU2IwLWc#gid=0

It show's the Browns playoff run back in `02

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Scott is just this guy, you know.

In 2002, the Raiders, Jets, Titans, and Browns were all in the playoffs together.

drat, have things changed.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

N: Atlanta took a practice 52 yard field goal, despite the fact that the timeout was called well before the snap.

V: The NFL needs to clamp down on this. It's one thing when the opposing coach tries to ice the kicker at the last second. It's quite another when the kicker gets a practice kick even though the opposing coach calls a timeout substantially before the snap. That kind of thing should be a delay of game penalty or unsportsmanlike penalty.

ROSS MY SALAD
Feb 22, 2007

X-Thames got the defense on lock.

Probably Magic posted:

In 2002, the Raiders, Jets, Titans, and Browns were all in the playoffs together.

drat, have things changed.

Yeah and look at those QBs.

Rich Gannon, Chad Pennington, Steve McNair, and Kelly Holcomb.

Kelly Holcomb.

ROSS MY SALAD
Feb 22, 2007

X-Thames got the defense on lock.

SpitztheGreat posted:

N: Atlanta took a practice 52 yard field goal, despite the fact that the timeout was called well before the snap.

V: The NFL needs to clamp down on this. It's one thing when the opposing coach tries to ice the kicker at the last second. It's quite another when the kicker gets a practice kick even though the opposing coach calls a timeout substantially before the snap. That kind of thing should be a delay of game penalty or unsportsmanlike penalty.

There were five seconds left in a ten point game, who cares

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Actually, Lucy, my trouble is football. I just don't understand it. Instead of feeling happy, I feel sort of let down.

Go Lions.

Heard on Detroit sports radio this morning: Schwartz makes $6m/year as the Lions coach. I don't remember all the names that were compared to this but I do remember it's the same as Mike Tomlin, and $2m(?) per year more than James Harbaugh and Mike Smith. Also heard the nickname "Jimmy Handshake" for the first time on that same program, not sure how I feel about that one.

Also heard today: the current line in DET@MIN in Minnesota by 3. How sad is that for Detroit?

Silly Burrito
Nov 26, 2007

Not every Manning gets to win a Super Bowl.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

If somehow the Saints could stumble back into the second seed and have San Fran get the first seed over Seattle, that would be amazing. As it is, I'm praying for a win over the Bucs at home. Come on Saints...

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

SteelAngel2000 posted:

There were five seconds left in a ten point game, who cares

Doesn't matter, this happens a lot and it needs to be looked at. Just because it didn't make the difference tonight doesn't mean it won't in the future.

PendingForaBending
Dec 30, 2005

How Bout Them Cowboys.

Sometimes you make the practice field goal when your coach ices you and then you miss the real thing. Just sayin.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

I will regard the Raider question as solved only after the very last W has left their record. After the very last fan has left the continent.

Chaos reigns indeed. Pryor is starting against the Broncos. Most important game of his career so far.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Unexpected benefit: I'm having much more fun now.

Really.

Here's a link to download the spreadsheet if you want to play with filters and column ordering:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz...dit?usp=sharing

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

PendingForaBending posted:

Sometimes you make the practice field goal when your coach ices you and then you miss the real thing. Just sayin.

It's a very real possibility, I just don't like a kicker taking a free kick. You could see the kicker and center hear the timeout, look at the sidelines, think about things, and snap the ball. That's an unfair advantage in my opinion.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

Magnificent bone structure.
Magnificent goal structure.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Go Panthers, 49ers, and Rams imo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

We will fight them to the last. And we will defend those that cannot defend themselves. Today we fight, brothers and sisters. Today we stand up and never, ever relent. Brothers and sisters -- prepare yourselves. Today we go to WAR!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Jesus, this poo poo is starting to hurt my brain

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

You don't want my life. What do I have to show for it? Metal plate in my chest, Vatican karate gorilla blood on my hands, and a foot locker full of manbro viles.

FizFashizzle posted:

I hope Rams play their rear end off.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

As a bear fan, I want to see Orton go all the way.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

SD87 posted:

I don't think anyone here would complain about this if it happened.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Go Rams.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

I don't think there will be anything left of my fingernails by the time Sunday rolls around

Gonna be drinking a lot during the game, and hoping that the Rams will prefer better draft position to .500

e: in addition to the #1/2, of course

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SD87 posted:

He's gonna average about 2hrs of sleep each day this week.

Flikken
Oct 22, 2009

I say Old Chum, would you like to go 4 and 12 with me?

Manoueverable posted:

Gonna be drinking a lot during the game, and hoping that the Rams will prefer better draft position to .500

I doubt it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hello John, I
JUST WIN GAMES

John Brown posted:

He's gonna average about 2hrs of sleep each day this week.

That's a lot of party time.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

I say, old chap, have you seen my offensive line about?

Dammit, now I have to root for MRSA.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 9, 2007

Remind me to work out until I also am buff and have to keep a pillow in front of my okay I'll be honest this is like the 50th custom title I've done tonight and I'm just phoning it in now.

Go whatever the gently caress needs to happen for Seattle to lose the first seed.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN
Nov 8, 2006

Veni, vidi, Lombardi.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Go whatever the gently caress needs to happen for Seattle to lose the first seed.

Niners and Rams, basically.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rams and Niners both need to win for this.

Alouicious
Feb 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

same

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Three years ago the NFC West Champion was 7-9.

If the Rams win next Sunday they will finish 8-8 and in last place.

Go Rams.

Eifert Posting
Mar 31, 2007

Atkins Diet

Gonna play with the ESPN playoff machine for like an hour whilst giggling like a fool. BRB.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eifert Posting posted:

Gonna play with the ESPN playoff machine for like an hour whilst giggling like a fool. BRB.

Spoiler alert: Bengals lose the first game they play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

You AFC fans are lucky, there's only like 6 different possible combinations and 7 teams in the NFC playoff machine.

Well, lucky except for being fans of the inferior conference. Have fun getting shithoused in the Super Bowl, nerds.

«35 »