Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Before we left Murderchurch, we set off a pyrotechnics display that would make Michael Bay weep. It also lagged the poo poo out of the server.

Behold: http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=E2lztlGUdRk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
yeah we limit that on Archonex's server, but on pubbie servers, We're full fledged rocket lawnchairs.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
PROTIP- If Cpt Swearword wants to build a base with you, he's going to line it with explosives. This is a good thing, as we had a pubby following me around last night, trying to assault goon fort. I would rig each of our meetup locations with TNT buried one block underneath it, in an attempt to kill him. Cars, his forts, even blew up an entire mountaintop.

Was great fun.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride

bad boys for life posted:

So I have a server with 12 2.5ghz cores, 64gb of RAM and a 500M fiber connection. Just setup this game on it. Anyone have any idea how many slots I can setup without worrying about it crashing?

As many as you want, as long as you realize that each slot will be exploded with TNT as soon as we find it.