Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

The acting is just plain old bad. Most of the lines seem rushed, especially from the bearded guy, and there's no realistic rhythm. It's just:

Character A: Line
Character B: Counter line
Character C: Line

Take a look at some of these clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN27VwNJJb0
Regardless of how you feel about the show being funny or not, Sunny does dialogue very well. The actors deliver the lines with a lot of personality. There's studdering and stammering when the characters are upset, sarcastic put-out sounds, and everything else that happens in actual conversation. I feel like these realistic bits of conversation flare are incredibly important in a show about a group of friends shooting the poo poo like yours.

But in Metalhedz, the lines are delivered either without emotion, or one emotion without any inflection. I wish I had a better acting vocabulary so I could explain it better, but there's just no charisma in the scenes. It takes a funny person to act funny in a role. The cast just strikes me as unfunny people irl. Have the cast act out their favorite comedy scenes and try to match the energy or something. I don't know. gently caress. The name man.

I totally respect the amount of work that went into this, and I'd say definitely finish it for the sake of learning and experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

This is a terrible post. There are plenty of reasons to keep doing the show: it's fun, learning experience, building a reel, direct links, etc. Hammering away at the OP because they chose a name which requires you to click one extra time to find it via google/youtube is just petty.

It's one of the most valid criticisms posted so far. Even retard Let's Players are concerned with search engine optimization and anyone who wants to have any modicum of success on the internet ought to be too. It's like starting a business that has no address. I'm sure it's good experience, but at the end of the day you really want to have customers who can find you.

• Locked thread