Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
I bought five PC copies as gifts and one for myself. Twenty bucks? poo poo yeah son. I really would love to see the data on how well this one did on PC sales. I am imagining it did pretty well. SA isn't the only forum I saw blowing up in glee about this PC port.

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that Vanquish comes to PC.

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that Bayonetta comes to PC.

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that God Hand comes to PC.

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that Viewtiful Joe comes to PC.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Chip Cheezum posted:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a spin-off character action game along the lines of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, created together by Platinum Games and Kojima Productions. In my opinion, it is one of the top two games of 2013, and on January 9th it'll finally be coming to the PC! I did the thread for the console release, I did a big rear end LP for this game that you can find in the goldmine, and now I'm doing a thread for the PC release. I LOVE THIS GAAAAAME

Your LP got me to get the game on the PS3, so knowing the PC port is coming especially after just building a PC just sold me my first steam game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait for everyone to stream this on Jan 10. Just a cacophony of difficulty rage, sorrowful cries as it melts weaker PCs and "YES! YES! SPLIT IT WIDE OPEN".

What's most important though, is that this game comes with a Boris and Doktor emotes. Anything else is fine, but please, let me just spam Doktor everywhere.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 29, 2013

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh hell yes. I think I almost broke my mouse when I slammed so hard on the buy button the moment I saw this unexpectedly pop up during the steam sale.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think the i7 requirement may be tied to them adding a setting that increases the amount of physics objects you can create in Blade Mode. If you don't care that much about cranking Zanteki or whatever they're calling it to the max it might not matter too much.

Don't really know though as like nothing has come out about the port; just speculating here.

nauggins
Jun 26, 2009

it's big money postin' baby boy
A+ thread title OP. I'm so super pumped for January 9th I can't believe it.

Maybe this time I'll finally beat it on Revengeance mode! lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be 1080 60 with everything maxed out in the options. That's obviously not including personal taste things, like AA. You can save some performance by turning your AA down from 8 to 4 if you can't tell the difference for example, and the difference between high shadows and medium might not be much or might be huge. If you can deal with how they look on medium, play with them on medium. That's the true beauty of PC gaming.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I'm willing to bet money Chip Cheezum has a file named revengeance_thread_titles.txt on his PC.

Thank goodness for Christmas money, some of that went to the Steam store as fast as my family's satellite internet in the country could handle. And I just put a GTX 650 Ti into my PC. I am so the gently caress ready for this.

Also I'm totally trying out keyboard+mouse controls for shits and giggles, just because I want to see how hilariously difficult it is. Could it really be any worse than Dark Souls, though? I mean, really. (Even though Dark Souls's keyboard controls made a weird kind of sense when you got used to them.)

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I pre-ordered this the moment it popped up on Steam and got copies for all my friends because 1) I'm the biggest consumer whore of them all and 2)

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that Bayonneta comes to PC.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think the i7 requirement may be tied to them adding a setting that increases the amount of physics objects you can create in Blade Mode. If you don't care that much about cranking Zandatsu or whatever they're calling it to the max it might not matter too much.

Don't really know though as like nothing has come out about the port; just speculating here.
The i7 is minimally faster and costs a good deal more than the i5. The i7 is basically not something to be used for gaming.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When did Raiden lose his eye, and couldn't they give him a robot eye?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

When did Raiden lose his eye, and couldn't they give him a robot eye?

Both are explained in game, rather shortly after the event happens.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wild Knight posted:

I'm willing to bet money Chip Cheezum has a file named revengeance_thread_titles.txt on his PC.

It was actually suggested by notZaar in the 360/PS3 thread but he said someone else suggested it way back when. :ssh:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aurain posted:

It was actually suggested by notZaar in the 360/PS3 thread but he said someone else suggested it way back when. :ssh:

Yeah, back during release someone suggested "Cut my foes into pieces, there is no PC port". This title is now... outdated. :getin:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
My Christmas was nearly ruined by the purchase region-lock this game had, and it was saved by an American friend who gifted it to me. God bless America.

Also:

Ronnie posted:

I only want this game to do well on PC as it gives the smallest possibility that Bayonetta comes to PC.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Magil of Shadow posted:

Both are explained in game, rather shortly after the event happens.

I thought his body was fully cyborg even at the end of MGS4 including his face.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

notZaar posted:

He gets a different cyborg body. The prologue is pretty much there to explain the controls and this.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

notZaar posted:

Nope - his head above the jaw and his spine are still human all through MGS4 and up until after the fight with Sam, I believe. He needs a new combat body to go after Desperado, and decides to go with a full-body replacement at the same time.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Mr E posted:

Did Konami port Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? If so, I'm thinking that the port could be great.

This was from the old thread, but I wanted to mention it anyway. I have the PC port and played the PS3 version originally and it plays great. It seems to have similar graphics options (vsync, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, shadows) and runs at 60 FPS and 1080p. Here's a screenshot I just grabbed with maxed out settings.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I bought five PC copies as gifts and one for myself. Twenty bucks? poo poo yeah son. I really would love to see the data on how well this one did on PC sales. I am imagining it did pretty well. SA isn't the only forum I saw blowing up in glee about this PC port.

Only the first two are remotely possible. God Hand and Viewtiful Joe are a) not made using the Bayonetta/Vanquish/Rising engine and b) owned by Capcom.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there something I am missing about Raiden's cyborg legs looking like a woman's, right down to the hi-heels?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there something I am missing about Raiden's cyborg legs looking like a woman's, right down to the hi-heels?

How else would he grip the sword with his feet. :v:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

How else would he grip the sword with his feet. :v:

I just want to clarify something for the people who are reading this thread having never played MGS4 or MGR: this is not a joke. The high heels really are are so he can hold the sword with his feet, and then breakdance to slice enemies apart. I feel like I cannot state this clearly enough.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ariong posted:

I just want to clarify something for the people who are reading this thread having never played MGS4 or MGR: this is not a joke. The high heels really are are so he can hold the sword with his feet, and then breakdance to slice enemies apart. I feel like I cannot state this clearly enough.

Not just breakdancing! He also has what is basically Chun-Li's Lightning Kick, but with a sword included. High heels will always be badass now.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
The best part is that doing spinning bird kicks with swords on his feet is, like, sixth on the top five list of craziest things you can do in this game through player action, just below "cleave a 30m tall robot in half with a man-sized sword in the first level" and one of my favorites, "attack a helicopter by running along the volley of missiles it fires".

Hey, you know what game Platinum should find a way to push to PC? Anarchy Reigns. Maybe then it would actually have enough people playing it that the multiplayer would be worth a drat.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Muffinlord posted:

The best part is that doing spinning bird kicks with swords on his feet is, like, sixth on the top five list of craziest things you can do in this game through player action, just below "cleave a 30m tall robot in half with a man-sized sword in the first level" and one of my favorites, "attack a helicopter by running along the volley of missiles it fires".

Hey, you know what game Platinum should find a way to push to PC? Anarchy Reigns. Maybe then it would actually have enough people playing it that the multiplayer would be worth a drat.

Its sadder that Sega was so broke at the time they couldn't afford to print the NA disks, which is why it was released about 6 months later. MP is pretty fun though. Deathball best ball

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Scalding Coffee posted:

You're just jealous because you wish you had those hips.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Its sadder that Sega was so broke at the time they couldn't afford to print the NA disks, which is why it was released about 6 months later. MP is pretty fun though. Deathball best ball

The multiplayer's amazing except that the only guys playing deathball either were worse than I was or had the combo system on lockdown and the reflexes of a mantis shrimp. Maybe next time they make a multiplayer game we get something with better latency and a proper matchmaking system!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

You're just jealous because you wish you had those hips.

I do. Raiden's hips don't lie.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Gonna get this just so I can replace Raiden with a far more worthy anime character.

That and make sure Armstrong is playable.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Gonna get this just so I can replace Raiden with a far more worthy anime character.

That and make sure Armstrong is playable.

He was, in a game called Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage under the alias Raoh. Seriously, those fights were so similar.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe we can get a Madworld PC port so we can have more games about pyschopaths named Jack cutting people in half to a bitchin soundtrack

JACK! JACK! He's a pycho maniac!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Cyber-Goemon mode would be amazing. Making helicopter brunoise is the logical progression from cutting biplanes in half.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Hyakkimaru, of Dororo fame, is most certainly the most fitting anime character replacement for Raiden.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 31, 2013

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

I do. Raiden's hips don't lie.

When Raiden walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in yo face...

I am not finishing that lyric. :colbert:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is that the official excuse they gave for their ridiculous decision to push the release date where it'd be guaranteed not to have any multiplayer presense in a multiplayer-focused game? I thought it was just another one of their ridiculous marketting decisions and attempts to screw over Platinum as much as possible.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

AnotherGamer posted:

Is that the official excuse they gave for their ridiculous decision to push the release date where it'd be guaranteed not to have any multiplayer presense in a multiplayer-focused game? I thought it was just another one of their ridiculous marketting decisions and attempts to screw over Platinum as much as possible.

Seems like everyone is always out to screw over Platinum. Be it from back when they were Clover or when Nintendo decided to not market Wonderful 101 at all. Also gently caress Sega anyway I'm still mad at them for deciding to localize Yakuza Dead Souls and not Ishin. Or 5. No of course not let's not get good games let's get the lovely zombie game.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

randombattle posted:

Seems like everyone is always out to screw over Platinum. Be it from back when they were Clover or when Nintendo decided to not market Wonderful 101 at all.

In other words, Platinum is the Japanese parallel to Obsidian.

I was so goddamned hyped for this game and it didn't disappoint, even though I'm terrible at it and probably got like a flat B rank across the entire campaign. Now I get to be excited all over again!

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Agean90 posted:

Maybe we can get a Madworld PC port so we can have more games about pyschopaths named Jack cutting people in half to a bitchin soundtrack

JACK! JACK! He's a pycho maniac!

I would love to see a Mad World/Max Anarchy pack for PC. I played the poo poo out of Max Anarchy on the PS3 and really want to give Mad World a try. This thread also reminded me that I haven't beaten Vanquish yet.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I was so goddamned hyped for this game and it didn't disappoint, even though I'm terrible at it and probably got like a flat B rank across the entire campaign. Now I get to be excited all over again!

Platinum/Obsidian mixup

FUND IT NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

miscellaneous14 posted:

Platinum is like the exact opposite to Obsidian. They make technically excellent games with fun gameplay and stupid stories.

• Locked thread