Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I've finished the normal ending of Kirby's Dreamland 2, but there's things to collect in each world that unlock the secret final boss so I'm doing that now too. Should that be a separate challenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kirbys Adventure Complete

This game was a huge improvement over the first Kirby game, but I'm taking a break for a little while. @_@ Too much Kirby in so short a time.

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Trains to lift up and protect her friends... and maybe to pick them up and carry them when they are tired :)
Yay Kirby!!! I'm in.:)

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

PirateNipple posted:

I'm In!

What about Kirby's Dream Course, though?

See the OP. It'd include too many games. Perhaps if people finish them really fast.

Cannot Find Server posted:

Are we allowed to participate if we don't have any way to play some of the games? I've only ever played Epic Yarn, Superstar and Canvas Curse, so this would be a good way to finally get most of the rest of the series out of my backlog.

Sure!

alf_pogs posted:

I've finished the normal ending of Kirby's Dreamland 2, but there's things to collect in each world that unlock the secret final boss so I'm doing that now too. Should that be a separate challenge?

Yes, could you specificity on how I should word it?

Spreadsheet also updated. Finished Kirby's Adventure myself, and it had some pretty challenging moments.

Will go for 100% tomorrow.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Grawl posted:

Yes, could you specificity on how I should word it?

Surely! Maybe 'Collect all Rainbow Drops and beat Dark Matter'.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Hey guys I am playing Kirby's Adventure!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sure, why not?

Been eons since I played any Kirby game and I've never played the orginal until just now.

Finished Kirby's Dream Land, had no idea the copy mechanic wasn't even in the original.

Chat
Jun 3, 2011
Chat has finished Kirby's Adventure - got 100% and Extra Mode is also beaten.

Meta Knight on on extra mode took me a good hour of retries. Was fun though.

I've never played Kirby's Dream Land 2 before, so this next one should be interesting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Does the 3D Classics 3DS remake of Kirby's Adventure count, or is it too different?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Does the 3D Classics 3DS remake of Kirby's Adventure count, or is it too different?

It should count; aside from the graphical overhaul it's essentially the same game. It's not like the SMB64 re-release on DS which had extra stars and bonus content.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

I beat Extra mode of Kirby's Dream Land today. I could never do it as a kid so I'm glad I got over this years-old hurdle today. I think I'll do these in release order, so that'd put Adventure next.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Jones finished Dreamland on Extra today! I'll post proof tomorrow, once I have access to a computer again.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

alf_pogs posted:

Surely! Maybe 'Collect all Rainbow Drops and beat Dark Matter'.

Added.

Spreadsheet also updated.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose has beaten Kirby's Dreamland on Regular Mode

My Kirby skills have atrophied. Attempting Extra Mode now that I've beaten the game once.

EDIT: Success!

Quidnose has beaten Kirby's Dreamland on Extra Mode.

Quidthulhu fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 2, 2014

Snakeman
Nov 23, 2007

"Die, little Ninja."
Snakeman has beaten Kirby's Dreamland in Extra Mode

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I'm in, I haven't beatin like half of the kirby games, so this is gonna be a good way to go do so.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Excellent! I'm in! I'll be going for both challenges in Dream World. Maybe if I feel cocky enough I'll do a run for both at the same time :unsmigghh:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 2, 2014

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
I beat Adventure on Normal mode 100%. Not sure if I'll come back for Extra on this one. It's a nice game! I'd only played it once before.

edit: I had the wrong picture at first, haha.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

Excellent! I'm in! I'll be going for both challenges in Dream World. Maybe if I feel cocky enough I'll do a run for both at the same time :unsmigghh:

If you manage to pull this off I'll be seriously impressed. That third boss is really fast in Extra mode and I couldn't manage to do it without getting hit once. Also count Bad News Panda in.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bad News Panda posted:

If you manage to pull this off I'll be seriously impressed. That third boss is really fast in Extra mode and I couldn't manage to do it without getting hit once. Also count Bad News Panda in.

Well, I completed both challenges but uh yeah, I don't think 1hp extra is gonna happen. I could probably do it with a dozen or so hours of practice but that's a lot of practice for a game I beat within 20 minutes. I might do the 1hp challenge again and throw a video of it up on YouTube because that was actually a lot of fun. Kinda surprised how much I like the game, honestly. I might pick it up for speedrunning purposes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I stumbled across the Mario thread with a few of the end of year bumps, and although the OP in that said "Participation does not end at the end of the year", I think I would be the only one bumping the thread every few weeks with new Mario progress so I'll just quietly do that on my own. However, I was on the fence about buying Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii with my holiday money, so seeing that the first six games in this challenge match up that's now a no brainer.

I'm in :getin:

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
I also 100%ed Kirby's Adventure. Onto the next one!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
YES YES YES I am hyped for a Kirby marathon. I just need to get my WiiU repaired and I can get started.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'll sign up. This made me realize that I signed up for and then entirely forgot about the Mario marathon even despite having taken some game clear photos but never getting around to posting them. Oops!

I actually have a way to play every one of these games so this should be fun.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009
Finished Kirby's Dream Land

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kirby's Dream Land - 1HP challenge done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfbEbwpBf0

The RNG the game threw at me for Kracko was beyond stupid, and I made a few really dumb mistakes in the boss rush, but other than that this went well. I'm more happy about killing Dedede on the first try; he is goddamn difficult with 1 hit point. Blimp ain't got poo poo on Dedede.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I'm glad someone ended up doing the 1HP challenge. When I gave it a shot, I stubbornly refused to play on normal mode, so I didn't make a lot of progress.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

alf_pogs has finished Kirby's Dream Land 2 with 100% completion.

This was an enjoyable romp, pretty straightforward until the final world really. The difficulty really spikes up for King Dedede and collecting all the rainbow drops.

Also I'd like to suggest that '100% Completion' be a challenge for this game, as the criteria for doing it is a bit more than just getting all the rainbow drops and beating the game. You need to kill the secret final boss, get a 'Perfect' score in all the minigames, and find the elusive Girl Blob which as far as I can tell only appears by chance, so you need to grind to get it..

Edit: now with proof of claim!

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 3, 2014

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Nice, I'll check this later.

alf_pogs posted:

Also I'd like to suggest that '100% Completion' be a challenge for this game

Added that to the list of challenges.

Spreadsheet is updated too.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm currently playing Air ride and trying to do the 100 checklist for each mode and its god drat hard sometimes, I don't think its factually possible to destroy Dedede in the city trial game mode at all.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kirby's Dream Land - 1HP challenge done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfbEbwpBf0

The RNG the game threw at me for Kracko was beyond stupid, and I made a few really dumb mistakes in the boss rush, but other than that this went well. I'm more happy about killing Dedede on the first try; he is goddamn difficult with 1 hit point. Blimp ain't got poo poo on Dedede.

Haha this is awesome. That blimp boss goes down without a sweat.

BreakTargets
Apr 5, 2009

Just a random Spiral Knight...
Sign me up for this. Just note that I don't have Kirby Air Ride or Canvas Curse.

edit: just beat Kirby's Dream Land on normal mode.

BreakTargets fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 3, 2014

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Live again as I play some more Kirby. Computer crashed while streaming yesterday, so playing Kirby's Adventure from the beginning.

e: stream down momentarily while my wife uploads some videos to her youtube~

e2: we're back!

e3: and done for tonight, will finish tomorrow!

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 3, 2014

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'm in. Fuckin' love Kirby games. I'll play them in order and report back. Should be fun.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose has beaten Kirby's Adventure with 100%

Son of a BITCH that took forever. I actually found every switch on my own with the exception of the last one - I thought I was done and checked the FAQ because I forgot there were two switches in the last world I still had to do. :doh: I don't know if I would have found that one on my own, though, so I guess it works out.

On to a game that hopefully makes me tear my hair out less :v:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror has been completed! I gotta say, I was enjoying the poo poo outta that game until the million and a half dark mind fights at the very end. It helps that the game pretty much gave me an instant win button throughout it's entirety, but still, they should have known to draw the line at three or so final bosses.

No challenges completed this time around, wanted to go for a much more lax kirby session.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Time for that 100%. Game was pretty easy, especially the last world. But gently caress Mr. Bright & Mr. Shine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Kirby's Adventure is longer than I remember it being.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bruceski has beaten Kirby's Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
Spreadsheet updated. I started Kirby's Super Star, and it just seems to be a bunch of very short games.

I guess the goal is to just beat those?

• Locked thread