Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

D&D banned Day by Day from the politoons thread. My new year's wish is that we ban Brooke McEldowney from the comic strip thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

D&D banned Day by Day from the politoons thread. My new year's wish is that we ban Brooke McEldowney from the comic strip thread.

Is that the first time a comic's been banned from that thread?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I gather the mods had to be involved and it's meant to go to the bad webcomics thread instead?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

goatface posted:

Yep, some of them are complaining that the language is totally unacceptable (I searched for the word language).

I agree. "Pissy" doesn't even begin to describe the sheer spoiled cuntitude of Luann's behavior.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I agree. "Pissy" doesn't even begin to describe the sheer spoiled cuntitude of Luann's behavior.

Seeing as he's Australian, they should be happy that he *didn't* use the word oval office.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Wanamingo posted:

Is there any reason we stopped making a new thread every year? This one's two years old today, it really oughta be put out to pasture.

Six Chix

But how will you be able to tell when it is midnight? :confused:

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Broom Hilda

Gasoline Alley

Heavenly Nostrils

Big Nate

Ziggy - The future holds no joy, no hope, no pleasure. Kill yourself now.

Ye Olde Fox Trot - This will be me by 9PM tonight, but to be fair I’ve been up since 3AM. Happy New Year! Kill yourself now!

Cul de Sac - Alice is beginning to worry me. Seek help, child!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

But then who else would write a comic strip about stuck-up, overly-sexualized Lampreys as they struggle to understand why normal people don't use the entire Oxford English dictionary to communicate?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Brooke McEldowney's Day by Day would be a thing to behold.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is that the first time a comic's been banned from that thread?

Deep Hurting got banned a few years back, although it's been allowed back in. (The artist is a goon himself, and discussions/arguments over his cartoons tended to spiral into stupid multi-page derails, hence the ban.)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Greg Evans is actually doing a good job of conveying pissed Luann. The Evans (probably still just Greg) have shown no reason for the reader to believe in this dust up.

A late teen being unreasonably emotional over a relationship thing is totally believable under most circs, but the Evanses are a special case.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Unless there's any great outcry, I'll make a new one tomorrow. I think a new thread every year is a good way to go.

My only request is that you continue the nonsensical numbering scheme.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Comic Strip Megathread 16: Predict this you bitch

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (January 2, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (December 14-16, 1953)

Out Our Way (July 4-5, 1928)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Unlike Day by Day, McEldowney is at least a bit fun to hate read and very rarely derails the thread for multiple posts. That said, I think some of the old dropped strips need to come back in 2016. I can pick up Mark Trail if no one else wants it, I miss that cold blooded nature lover.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

SomeMathGuy posted:

Unlike Day by Day, McEldowney is at least a bit fun to hate read and very rarely derails the thread for multiple posts. That said, I think some of the old dropped strips need to come back in 2016. I can pick up Mark Trail if no one else wants it, I miss that cold blooded nature lover.

Also unlike Day by Day, McEldowney has very, very rare alright moments. Wahoo Terminal has been decent so far.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
As bad as Brooke is, he doesn't elicit the outright RAGE that Broom Hilda does.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OK, I've made a new thread, and here it is.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
10-2? We're currently on 15.

X=10
V=5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Hustle over to XVI.