Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Grab one of the orbiting dickbutts and go shoot them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

Is there anything special you have to do to get a private ship to respawn? I got mine blown up trying to kill pirates and it just left me floating in space in my env suit. When I recalled to the shipyards it wasn't on scan or anything either. Does having NPC officers on a ship make it not respawn or something even if you're the captain?

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Bryaugh posted:

Is there anything special you have to do to get a private ship to respawn? I got mine blown up trying to kill pirates and it just left me floating in space in my env suit. When I recalled to the shipyards it wasn't on scan or anything either. Does having NPC officers on a ship make it not respawn or something even if you're the captain?

I've never had enough cash to buy a ship of my own...

Didn't have a great day yesterday, 2 ships lost to pirates, and one to a sundive while trying to set up a vulc mine so I could have somewhere to repair. i suspect the system is probably a bit too dangerous - very close binary star so autopilot quite happily drives you through one star while avoiding the other. I shall rename the system to Sundive in honour of my discovery... Might still go back & finish it off, but it can't be relied on for autopiloting to :(

Toes - any chance you can generate some more modules, including shield, gravity drive, and power plants. The others are getting depleted a bit thanks to my fabulous piloting skills!

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Anyone else still playing this?

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Your private ship will die a true death if it blows up while you are not on board.

Murazor
Mar 9, 2011

OzyMandrill posted:

Anyone else still playing this?

I still occasionally play, but it seems the main goon empire has crumbled.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Yeah - slipping in the standings, I think the core worlds are decaying?
I'm still poking my worlds daily, not getting enough time to add more colonies (tho I have a few I really want to make soon).
Stupid harvesters keep sundiving tho...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It's still a bad game, so it's a given.

angus725
Jan 5, 2014

Perhaps leadership should be transferred to who's still active to keep alive what remains.

On a side note, Hazeron slowly improves to be more playable...on the timescale of years.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

angus725 posted:

Perhaps leadership should be transferred to who's still active to keep alive what remains.

On a side note, Hazeron slowly improves to be more playable...on the timescale of years.

Yeah, if anyone wants leadership let me know.

I thought it was supposed to kick me out after a month? :hazeron:

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Bondematt posted:

Yeah, if anyone wants leadership let me know.

I thought it was supposed to kick me out after a month? :hazeron:

I still play pretty much every day, tbh, it's awesome - but I'm in EU timezone so never anyone else on at the same time. I would love to know the empire password though so I can make alts, and maybe invite some RL friends to prop up the empire a bit more, but there's never anyone on Mumble, and if there is, they don't know it either...

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Right - no capital city = no government funds = unable to duplicate tech at universities...

This is a problem...

So, who else is actually still playing?
If noone else wants it, I'm willing to be space obama & set up a capital again. I can also change the password - any reason not to have it shown in the other thread for a bit? Or are we afraid of spies or something?

EDIT: My ringworld has also been attacked by Blood Ravens... :(

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 7, 2014

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Attack repelled, they took over 2 of my flags, possibly got bored with having them so far apart from each other.
So I blew up their 2 ships (which had blown up the 2 AI defenders Toes left me) and they haven't been back yet, but no reply on the forum asking them why they bothered?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

OzyMandrill posted:

Attack repelled, they took over 2 of my flags, possibly got bored with having them so far apart from each other.
So I blew up their 2 ships (which had blown up the 2 AI defenders Toes left me) and they haven't been back yet, but no reply on the forum asking them why they bothered?

Is Bill or Toes still active? Gonna make you VP right now and try to fix some things. I'll be stepping down soon though as I have no time to really run things.

Looks like Goontopia has been conquered.

Just occupied for now, we should grab that back.

Edit: Loyalty is 52%, so we have some time.

TL17 Jeweler :magical:

Looks like a dude from Targoss is in Goontopia sector right now. We need ships.

:siren: I guess it's war, Targoss Confederation has TL32 ships and is occupying 'Topia :siren:

They are just going around taking unprotected places it seems

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 7, 2014

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I have some TL30 ships churning out at Depressed/Lonely.
They are cannon bays, so if you grab one make sure you buy a few k of ammo before you try to fight anything.
Only about 10 troops tho - not really dedicated troop ships I'm afraid...

I should get a couple of hours later to try & help fix stuff that's falling apart!

PS: Edit the front post! We got war! Free internet spaceships ships to anyone who wants to charge maniacally at the foe and explode in a blaze of glory!

PPS: Apparently, gravity packs and bombs are the way to blast into ships now. Not tried it personally yet, but I should have a few (several thousand) TL30ish bombs hanging around somewhere...

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 7, 2014

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Goontopia is freed from the yolk of oppression!

Goatse is also slightly invaded.. *sigh*

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
I only ever saw one dude and a couple troops, attacking.

Looks like a rather small empire so I'm wondering how he got a TL32 ship...

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Bondematt posted:

I only ever saw one dude and a couple troops, attacking.

Looks like a rather small empire so I'm wondering how he got a TL32 ship...

Tech - there is a techboost empire so people can get the tech easily, but doesn't really explain how he can get a whole ship...
Possibly a nomad going around grabbing stuff they find (like abandoned ships)

Anyway, he's attacked more stuff, blown up my starbase in Depressed, so yeah, I think Targoss is a hunt-&-kill target...

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
I watched Cosmos. I have to come back now. I guess stuff has crumbled...

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
It seems theres still a functioning shipyards on feculant diva and some TL31 ships.

If anyone wants to take one and branch off somewhere

toehorse fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 11, 2014

Carsius
May 7, 2013

I suppose this is a bad time to start playing, then?

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Well, we dont have the people we had before but Haxus just added laser pistols and guns and disease rockets!

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

It's a good time to start - I think me & toes are lurking on the edges of our space, and the players who were in the juicy middle have stopped so there are prime safe planets there ready for the taking.

Couple of problems...
1 I don't know the password, and I haven't met anyone on Mumble who does recently. I might be able to change it tho if noone objects
2 No ships at Goontopia to nab when you spawn... I'll try to get it kicking out some - won't be anything very exciting, likely TL10 or something, but enough so you can grab a crew and head off to find somewhere to start bootstrapping your first colony if you want. Or hire & fire soldiers, keeping their armor until you have the cash to buy lots of building materials, and then head out ready to build a decent industrial base nearby :)

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Hey Bill Za Bub, do you still have that map of resources for the areas surrounding the Forge?

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Carsius posted:

I suppose this is a bad time to start playing, then?

Password is in the private game server thread.
Goontopia has bad TL13 ships being churned out, feel free to grab one (or two when you start getting officers)!
They are not great, might be ableto tackle a low level pirate if absolutely necessary, and will be enough to cart a bunch of stuff around or go exploring (+ atmosphere harvester if you run low on fuel too)

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
There are also TL31 warpships available in Orbit of Crucible in the Feculant Diva system. Once you get your wormhole ship in goontopia you can make your way there and the Universe is open to you.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I'm getting the itch for some exploration in this game again. Are the new Galaxies open and able to be explored? I know the developer initially planned for that, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Solvency posted:

I'm getting the itch for some exploration in this game again. Are the new Galaxies open and able to be explored? I know the developer initially planned for that, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

I haven't played for a longass time, but according to the dev update page central galaxy wormholes have been added and you can use them to explore other galaxies. Of course that also means you need to make your way to the center of the galaxy in a wormhole ship, good luck.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Lowen posted:

I haven't played for a longass time, but according to the dev update page central galaxy wormholes have been added and you can use them to explore other galaxies. Of course that also means you need to make your way to the center of the galaxy in a wormhole ship, good luck.

I've kind of stopped playing for now, but there is a goon colony that sort of got started much closer to the center of the galaxy. I was considering moving the spawn point there, but didn't actually get around to making anything more than a couple of small colonies.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

An update was released on the 13th that includes a preview of the new ship design system. I haven't tried it but apparently from the dev log it's outright a 3d modeling/CAD program :psyduck:.

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Hey Guys,

Our old empire decayed into nothing. If anyone is still playing, I am about TL29 right now in the WAAAGH empire as second in command. If anyone wants in to the empire, send me an email in game. My character's name is Toes and my ID is MZAF.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

toehorse posted:

Hey Guys,

Our old empire decayed into nothing. If anyone is still playing, I am about TL29 right now in the WAAAGH empire as second in command. If anyone wants in to the empire, send me an email in game. My character's name is Toes and my ID is MZAF.

You guys must be doing really good work, someone was just complaining about them to me about the WAAAGH empire when I was streaming a totally unrelated Warhammer game. He said he wanted to learn more about the Orks because he was having some SERIOUS Ork problems in this game.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
I'm just gonna bump this thread and say that Hazeron is no more. Nada. The guy making it canceled the project. :smith:

It just probably wasn't as popular as he hoped. I hope some dedicated fans get ahold of the source code and continue where he left off from.

Imapanda fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 16, 2014

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm guessing he probably just hit a lot of walls that a singular dev couldn't overcome (MMOs are hard as poo poo to develop), and just figured it would cost too much money to get outside help.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Imapanda posted:

I'm just gonna bump this thread and say that Hazeron is no more. Nada. The guy making it canceled the project. :smith:

It just probably wasn't as popular as he hoped. I hope some dedicated fans get ahold of the source code and continue where he left off from.

Well this is loving terrible. For all its flaws it was a legitimately fun game.

Variable Fighter
Aug 1, 2014

Haxus supposedly shut it down because of stress, financial worries and the project just being too much for one person.

I have played Shores of Hazeron since April in 2013 and although its been frustrating at times it was still a lot of fun.

Theres just no other game I can think of that has the same amount of freedom.
Im going to miss this crazy game.

Variable Fighter fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 16, 2014

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
Just a few days ago, he changed movement to be client based which made the experience a lot smoother than it had been. It's kind of a shame to see him shut it down so quickly afterwards since it seemed like he was actually going to focus on playability improvements. Shores of Hazeron was always a game that drew me in once every year or so due to its uniqueness but would send me away just as quickly due to its jankiness. So long.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I wonder what the server architecture for this game is like?

If it was somewhat feasible it might be worth it for him to release it as open source, if he was willing. Really, the game just needed some performance improvements. It sounds like he was doing that anyways.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
drat, what a shame. I'll miss this strange thing. Hopefully I'll be riding motorbikes into the sun once again sometime in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Rest in peace you crazy flawed, fantastic diamond, you

• Locked thread