Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

That's the beauty of it, it doesn't mean anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

pee pee doo doo it is a bad network

What the hell does this even mean? The ACA will make your insurance cover skydiving accidents? Priggee had a stroke?

This is one of the worst political cartoons I have ever seen.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Super Saiyan Mr. T posted:

The best part of this is how he painstakingly spent what looks like hours on the crosshatching, but hosed up the basic perspective on the hourglass. It looks crooked as hell.

Also happy new thread.

It was actually so bad that, at first, I thought it was a bell.

ed: whoops, I think I let that sit too long

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

That baby is ripped.

quote:

I like Allie's little butthurt whines about MSNBC. Dude probably watches it way more than actual liberals do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm already tired of Old Man Year and New Baby Year. I feel Anderson did the best one, because he used it to show something other than A NEW YEAR IS HERE but maybe I only think that because I saw it early on.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

D.N. Nation posted:

That baby is ripped.

He's a buff little baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eUrwYQe3Dw

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

And, not yet an entire day into the year, a finalist for "Laziest Cartoon 2014" emerges.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
My favourite thing about the last thread was the highlights of "My War with Brian", in which Ted Rall told us how he dropped s brick on Brian, Home Alone 2 style, then tried to disembowel him and then expected us to root for him as the hero. And then insisted that all of that really happened.

Oh Ted. :allears:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for the late request, but is there any way we could get Sheneman into the OP? Lord knows I'm going to mistake a cartoon of his for a Ramirez this year and try to unnecessarily AGC it.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Hire Joe the Plumber to fix your toilets and he'll waste your time and money by trying to score cheap political points. A Good Cartoon.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Lol ain't it funny when couples intentionally irritate each other lovingly? My name is Chris Muir and I am well versed in human contact

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Is it just me or does the typhoons label look like an afterthought?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Naxuz posted:

Does anyone have any more of these Dry Bones Burma Shave edits from a few years back?

I have a couple of the Dry Bones edits I did, although only two are really Burma Shave.

Original:

Burma Shave:

Alternate:

Original:

Dry Bones and the Power of Editing:

Original:

Dry Bones and the Power of Editing:

While I was looking for those, I ran across something else; for some reason we decided to write our own poems for this cartoon:

I'm pretty happy with how mine came out:

idonotlikepeas posted:

They gently caress you up, those pies and cakes
They may not mean to, but they do
The processed fat the baker bakes
With lots of phosphates, just for you

But they were hosed up in their turn
By fools in high white puffy hats
Who were stepped on by corp'rate goons
With cinder blocks and baseball bats

Man hands on calories to man
They fatten like a Keebler elf
Eat your veggies when you can
And don't bake any cakes yourself

(With apologies to Philip Larkin.)

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

nickmeister posted:

I think Tod's idea of heaven would continually arguing with everyone.

"You're home, Ted!"

"No I'm not, gently caress you!!!!"

Just change the Iraqis to Hitlers.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

VitalSigns posted:

Hey Rorus Raz, I think you were the one who did the edit of a cartoon of Obama missing a basket, where Bush spectacularly misses followed by MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I tried to go through the last thread to find it, but you post so much Asay that I started to get too depressed. Might you have that one?

That was me. You are all forgiven for having forgotten about me.

My 2013 Edits or Older Edits That Perhaps (maybe) Deserve to be Reposted

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

First edit of the year!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Weird. As much of a poo poo as Allie is, normally he's pretty good at portraying a message, but in this cartoon it took me a few re-reads before I even understood how people were reading it as anti-MSNBC. At first glance it looks like ":rolleyes: Stupid hired 'experts' complaining about the media and ignoring the real problem when the real person knows exactly what's going wrong."

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So they don't have health insurance?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Rorus Raz posted:

First edit of the year!

Now can someone make this zoom in endlessly?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Pants on the Ground

Donkey 2.0

Wallpapersize

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

You have a wife and two children. What's to discuss? You need health insurance.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

The Ape of Naples posted:

Does he? I mean all his expenses are covered by the rich old man who owns the land they live in

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

No fair...I finally decide to go ahead and make a PYF thread for edits, and not only find out that did Gay Abortions Awards added a category for that, but apparently this is now something we just do at the beginning of the new thread anyway. Well, here it is if for some reason someone wants to look at the ones posted thataway.

Anyway, this thread moves too fast for me to comment most of the time. But I do make a point of trying to post Dahl's Japan. Roger Dahl is a cartoonist working for the Japan Times- he's been doing normal stuff for twenty years, but started doing political cartoons in 2009 presumably because the paper offered him more money. As far as I know he's the only paid cartoonist who makes English language political cartoons about Japanese politics. Don't feel bad if you're a goon living in Japan but haven't heard of him. The Japan Times' primary audience is not native English speakers, but Japanese people who want to practice their English.

I like posting Dahl because his cartoons are bad, but only in the generic sense. The art isn't an incomprehensible scribble, and his opinions aren't repulsive. The metaphors, however, are frequently nonsensical. And a lot his cartoons need explanation to make any sense of them at all. These explanations can be interesting, since they're almost always stuff no one outside of Japan has heard of. Although I could have done without learning about the Trans Pacific Partnership. Ugh.

Another fun fact about Dahl- one of his early political cartoons was a plagiarized Bennett, though he might not have done so intentionally. It was commented that at least Dahl had the sense to plagiarize someone good. Yep, that's one of those statements that only makes sense in the context of this thread.

Anyway, it's May 2011 in Dahl's Japan.

I don't know what you were expecting buying a box labeled like that.

Finally, the revolution against the tyranny of elevators has begun.

That woman looks about as confused as I am.

What is with Dahl and rooms lit completely by monitors?

Don't put a diagram up there you fool! Then everyone will know how to read palms!

I want to see a bowing person jump through a hoop now.

How did he draw those rocks? They're completely different from the normal art.

...What?

For some reason I keep seeing that guy as "mad he was asked a dumb question" angry, not "mad at the situation" angry.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Health insurance might cover the mouth issue there, but I think he will be on his own for regrowing the part of the beard that Muir forgot to draw.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SomeGuy, I apperciate you posting Dahl because it's always interesting to see non American cartoonists in the thread, but I wish you'd post them without comment instead of saying "Well this certainly is a cartoon that I don't get! Isn't Dahl stupid for drawing about stuff that happened two years ago?"

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I just want another year of Luckovich's bespectacled elephants.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Pfft, I mean, they are young and healthy, why would they need insurance?

Oh, wait. They are NOT young and probably not healthy. Um... gently caress OBAMACARE! :smug:

At this point I would say Zed is into the idea of affordable health insurance. I mean, he's crossing over into uniornic imitation rather than mockery.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hmmm. Probably late as hell to this realization, but look at Hillary's. arm in relation to the speaker's back and the artist's lack of skill.

I think the implication is that the speaker is Hillary's puppet.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

The Ape of Naples posted:

As Muiry Sue was in the military, he can go to the VA so long as he meets needs testing (which, being as irresponsible with his finances as he is, he does).

The rest of them are probably so poor to be covered by Medicaid

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fried Chicken posted:

As Muiry Sue was in the military, he can go to the VA so long as he meets needs testing (which, being as irresponsible with his finances as he is, he does).

The rest of them are probably so poor to be covered by Medicaid

True. It wouldn't surprise me if Muir is probably covered by Medicaid too in real life.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rorus Raz posted:

First edit of the year!

a endlessly recursive hallway of smug janitors blaming the problem on the janitor in the next repetition.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

...not gonna lie, I unironically like this one. The 'THAT!' all on its own is weird, but if you remove it from the usual shitstream we all know DbD usually swims in, it's just a husband aggravating his wife in a humorous way. This is something people do.

Zed's clearly got Bell's Palsy, though. I hope he gets better. :ohdear:

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Stereotype posted:

a endlessly recursive hallway of smug janitors blaming the problem on the janitor in the next repetition.

So the republican party?

:rimshot:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Stereotype posted:

So, an IT department?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

one of the guys on the fairly prominent rightwing blog Powerline blathered about how it just had to be the Swift kids making some commentary on Pajama Boy, because everybody has been following the Pajama Boy saga for the past few weeks and must have very strong feelings about the scandalous Pajama Boy
I found out about this from Roy Edroso's blog, where Roy wrote, as he has quite a few times in the past regarding rightbloggers, "Do these guys even know any normal people?"

I have not seen pajama boy anywhere, not even from Republican Facebook friends. I only know about him because I read these forums, and since being a goon is a strange and shameful part of my life, I naturally assume that no normal people know about Pajama Boy and therefore I never bring him up in real life. Ever.

I forgot about "Meet Hot Me". You wonderful son of a bitch :love:

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I wonder if Bloodnose will come back this year.

I miss Harry and Cuson. :sigh:

Super Saiyan Mr. T
Nov 7, 2009

I pity the FOOOOOOOOL!

Wow, I forgot about my "Pants Donkey 2.0". Hello old friend!

Snoggle posted:

Wall of awesome.

I also forgot about some of those. This is why I keep coming back to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeteEffect
Jun 12, 2007

I'm just crackers about cheese!
Fun Shoe

This was my favorite pants donkey edit, courtesy of Rorus Raz (link is in archives).

• Locked thread