Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the world today is lookin like a fool

also, holy poo poo what happened to his scanner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
A new year for new things. I give you Norman Rockwell's Ted Rall's America.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Whoa, Diversity Lane. Flashbacks.

That cartoon about the city banning baggy pants just reminded me how stupid people can be over the dumbest little things. There was an arcade in the town I went to college in that had a big sign that said "PULL UP YOUR PANTS BEFORE YOU COME IN". Is sagging really that offensive to people?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Well it makes you look like a fool :shrug:

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

PUGGERNAUT posted:

That cartoon about the city banning baggy pants just reminded me how stupid people can be over the dumbest little things. There was an arcade in the town I went to college in that had a big sign that said "PULL UP YOUR PANTS BEFORE YOU COME IN". Is sagging really that offensive to people?

Close to nobody actually cares about sagging pants, except perhaps as a symbol of how black urban youth are hopeless degenerates. There was just a wave of dumb cartoons based on a dumb song someone did on American Idol.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
If you work in a middle or high school, you'll quickly be trained to care about sagging pants. Most schools have "no sagging" as a rule, though how well it's enforced varies from place to place. Last time I told a (black) student to pull his pants up, he responded "well, you know what 'saggin' spelled backwards is." This led to an awkward silence once I realized what he was saying.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Holy poo poo is he still going on about loving bacon deodorant. Did his long suffering family do a goddamn 12 days of Christmas on him where every day was bacon deodorant?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

If you're going to make the left road look fun, don't draw the road like the car would get stuck at the apex.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 2, 2014

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

His "new years prediction" list is just a rundown of "the things I've obsessed over the most in the last four months". Expect twerking to make an appearance.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Tinsley holy poo poo you are literally the only person on god's green earth who cares about bacon deoderant

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Tinsley wins a Gay Abortion, he should be sent a stick a bacon deodorant along with his notification.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Post 9-11 User posted:

If you're going to make the left road look fun, don't draw the road like the car would get stuck at the apex.

You see. Actually it is an endlss plateau.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Once again, what's the loving joke here? Did Tinsley forget his punchline again?

E: Oh, gently caress, is Tinsley one of those 'well it's inherently funny' comedians? Has that been his punchline the whole time?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Somfin posted:

Once again, what's the loving joke here?

Tinsley having been paid, being paid and going to be paid for his work is my personal punchline to fall back on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There are only really two edits I made last year that I'd like to repost.

also, New Years MacKay:

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 2, 2014

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

fade5 posted:

E: Since I never got to, I'd like to thank Benny the Snake for posting Seuss's wartime cartoons, in the last thread, that was absolutely fascinating.

It's gonna take me a few days to catch up with the thread but for now I wanted to second this, I really enjoyed seeing that crazy stuff. I think my favorite was the pyramid of dachshunds.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lycus posted:

If Tinsley wins a Gay Abortion, he should be sent a stick a bacon deodorant along with his notification.

Pretty sure if this happened he would spend at least a month making cartoons about how the bacon deodorant corporate empire is now out for his fictional duck blood.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Some edits I found on my tinypic account:

Warning, cartoon dick

'Arrooo...'

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Turns out it only took me about an hour to catch up. The wall of PotG Donkey edits was a pleasant rush of nostalgia.

Here are some recent edits I have access to, sorry if there are any repeats.

- Borden

- Melaneus

- me

- Melaneus

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Happy... Thursday?

The Onion claims this was posted today :shrug:

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Was there a particular cartoon where Kelly got fat and it stuck that way, or was it a gradual process? I just now realized he used to be a lot skinnier.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

And a reminder to check out the Chuck Asay edit thread if you haven't, there were some great posts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

made of bees posted:

Was there a particular cartoon where Kelly got fat and it stuck that way, or was it a gradual process? I just now realized he used to be a lot skinnier.

It's been a steady grow, but I think around the first 'noble American cartoonist' type comic he did he plumped up the little Kelly more for extra contrast.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

People really hate new lightbulbs, huh?

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 2, 2014

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Snoggle posted:

A new year for new things. I give you Norman Rockwell's Ted Rall's America.

:thurman: The second one in particular is just amazing.

Anyway, here's my local cartoonist's 2013 in review:

Most of these are German politicians, but there's a couple of international regulars in there as well. Also, I missed this beautiful mess when it was new:

Joseph: "What are we going to have for dinner tonight?!"
Mary: "Potato salad with sausages, of course - like every year!!" (that's a traditional Christmas Eve thing in Germany)

Those animals are high as gently caress.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"'The black president is an inept slacker' -A black Guy" -A white guy

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

This reminds me that Rall a little bit ago wrote up a blog post about how Obama is ignorant and lazy. Those were exactly the words he used--ignorant and lazy. And he has no idea why people think he's racist.

Edit: and he looks like an ape.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Between that and complaining about Obama requiring sleep, Rall sure has gotten weird about his whining lately. Even bringing up drones for the millionth time would be better than "how dare the president sleep instead of staying up 24/7 to work"..

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
What's the story with these Libyan/Hilary cartoons?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
How's this for vintage editorial cartoons? These are all drawn by George Herriman, who is best known for Krazy Kat. These ran in the Los Angeles Examiner some 100 years ago.

As you can see, Garge (that was his nickname) pretty much drew these cartoons freehand. Like he just filled whatever blank spot was on his paper. If available, I'll just copy and paste the explanations from the blog I'm taking this from.

quote:

Tuesday, May 19 1908 -- The statewide Democratic convention is now in session, and the news Herriman reports is that Gavin McNab, previously considered a shoe-in to continue as head of the California Democrats, has been dumped in favor of Theodore A. Bell. It seems McNab has been tainted with (probably true) rumors of being in the pay of the railroads and other interests, and of having run the Democratic party as an ethically impious organization.

Theodore Bell, a young fresh face in the party, is hot on reform of all kinds. Though not one of the vocal rabble-rouser who got McNab into hot water, he is believed to have done some back-room pulling of strings to get the dismissal of McNab into motion.

quote:

Saturday, May 16 1908 -- While the Democratic convention last week descended into a wild melee, it seems like the Republican convention operated a lot smoother. Despite the disappointing news that Teddy Roosevelt would not run again -- he had made that rash promise years earlier and very much regretted it -- the GOPers seemed to be ready to unite behind Teddy's hand-picked successor, William H. Taft. And that would be another decision that Teddy would come to regret ...

quote:

Sunday, May 10 1908 -- I think Herriman left this local Democratic Party meeting early. His sketches of the attendees, at which delegates were selected for the national convention, indicates that he saw little of interest. A couple quick sketches of the more picturesque in attendance and he skedaddled outta there.

After Herriman bowed out things got more interesting. Some sort of feud boiled over between a pair of members. As nominations were made for new vice presidents of the club, one nominee was accused of not upholding the ideals of democracy. The accuser became the accused as he was in turn charged with being a gambler. Sparks really flew, with lots of yelling and threats of violence. Great fodder for a cartoon had Herriman just stuck around.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
No one but the idiots who thought Scarface was a role model or that Tyler Durden was right or that Boondock Saints is a good movie think this way Horsey, though the guy he portrayed does look like the guy who would honestly. :negative:

Well this is kind of tasteless Rogers, but I did laugh a little bit though

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

This cartoon is complaining about the security measures at a place where they make nuclear weapons. If Santa's at Y-12 it's because he's about to start some poo poo.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

No one but the idiots who thought Scarface was a role model or that Tyler Durden was right or that Boondock Saints is a good movie think this way Horsey, though the guy he portrayed does look like the guy who would honestly. :negative:
Yeah, but those people DO exist, apparently in huge numbers. They also think FMJ is pro-war and Robocop is a movie about a robotic cop.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, but those people DO exist, apparently in huge numbers. They also think FMJ is pro-war and Robocop is a movie about a robotic cop.

Yeah, isn't he a cyborg or something? Like Inspector Gadget!

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"You'll see! You'll miss having to get out a ladder to change bulbs! You'll regret saving money on electricity! :argh:"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

serewit posted:

What's the story with these Libyan/Hilary cartoons?

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/2013/benghazi/?hp#/?chapt=0

quote:

The report by David Kirkpatrick, The Times’s Cairo bureau chief, and his team turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or another international terrorist group had any role in the assault, as Republicans have insisted without proof for more than a year. The report concluded that the attack was led by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s air power and other support during the uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi and that it was fueled, in large part, by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.

The right is saying the New York Times is simply lying to prop up Hillary for '16.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

achillesforever6 posted:

Well this is kind of tasteless Rogers, but I did laugh a little bit though
Same here, the eyes are incredible.

• Locked thread