Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Some people just can't let go of the Cold War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

Way to miss the point entirely you smug moron. Also in what universe does the media not encourage hysteria over purported terror attacks?

To be fair to JJ, I also think we shouldn't have declared war on two countries at the cost of trillions of dollars in response to the death of Michael Brown.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jesus was black. A Surprisingly Progressive Cartoon.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah its definitely not because of all those sanctions that we were making fun of Obama for doing

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ClothHat posted:

And Jack was a loving idiot who traded cows for beans, the end.

No no no, see that's why he changed it. Beans would be a good thing as it would financially benefit America to open a new financial and business market, but rabbit poop is bad.

Pee Pee Doo Doo bad.

Cause Obama is a bad president.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its definitely not because of all those sanctions that we were making fun of Obama for doing

it's really not. It's hindering their efforts to counter the collapse, but the sanctions didn't cause it. Russia is a petrostate, the nosedive in oil prices is crashing their economy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

colonel_korn posted:

Way to miss the point entirely you smug moron. Also in what universe does the media not encourage hysteria over purported terror attacks?

Freaking out over terrorist attacks is what they want, and they will continue since they know it's effective.

Not freaking out over cops killing even a single unarmed civilian will make it okay to do so, as silence is consent.

AGC

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

These Cuba embargo toonz might be the epitome of mindless "Obama bad" toons, at least in recent memory.

Interestingly, a lot of very conservative folks i know have voiced the opinion that the Cuba embargo is dumb and is only perpetuated because of the voting power of spiteful Cuban ex-pats. Seeing as they are Hispanic, you may know them as :derp: future voters smuggled in by dems :derp:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

alnilam posted:

Interestingly, a lot of very conservative folks i know have voiced the opinion that the Cuba embargo is dumb and is only perpetuated because of the voting power of spiteful Cuban ex-pats. Seeing as they are Hispanic, you may know them as :derp: future voters smuggled in by dems :derp:

Actually Cuban ex-pats vote pretty consistently Republican so the GOP always has a special place in their hearts for Cuban-Americans.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

That drat Obama caricature just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

What the gently caress am I looking at? Why did a giant bar smash a tiny pyramid?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Ramirez has finally snapped I see

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

DarklyDreaming posted:

Actually Cuban ex-pats vote pretty consistently Republican so the GOP always has a special place in their hearts for Cuban-Americans.

Yeah there was a similar clusterfuck back when Clinton worked towards normalizing relations with Vietnam, given a sizeable Vietnamese expat community and also the whole former enemies thing. But hey if we could reconcile with former enemies responsible for a shitload of dead Americans then it makes the current response look remarkably petty.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Wanamingo posted:

That drat Obama caricature just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

judging by the ears I do think that is supposed to be Obama.

Because a private japanese company making a business decision is somehow on the blame sheet of the american president

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legit don't understand the 'point' in these "OBAMA IS HELPING CASTRO" things.

Like, Russian and Venezuelan stuff are making GBS threads the bed and that means Cuba can't get oil easy, I get that, but how does this help Castro personally. Do these guys think that there'd be a second Cuban revolution or something, and even if they did do they think that the good thing there would be to say 'yea let them kill eachother for a while' or something?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Before Obama did a thing, Castro was going to be overthrown any day now.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Shugojin posted:

What the gently caress am I looking at? Why did a giant bar smash a tiny pyramid?

I don't know if you're kidding but i seriously can't make heads or tails of this

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Yeah, gently caress this, the cuban citizens have been overwhelmingly in favour of ending the trade embargo for like the last 20 years, unless he just means "but cuba is still bad!!!!!"

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Yeah, gently caress this, the cuban citizens have been overwhelmingly in favour of ending the trade embargo for like the last 20 years, unless he just means "but cuba is still bad!!!!!"

You're the Real Racist for assuming the men with moustaches and a sombrero are supposed to be Cubans. Branco clearly means American citizens are going to be hurt by the embargo lifting. Somehow.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Obama has his eyes open???? In a Branco cartoon???? :wth:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

alnilam posted:

I don't know if you're kidding but i seriously can't make heads or tails of this

I THINK it's a play off the movie Unbroken that's coming out. As I can tell a major scene is the American captive is forced by the Japanese to hold a huge wooden board over his head for long periods of time, if he drops it he dies. I think the long black line labeled cyber attacks is the board and if you squint JUUUUUST right you can see that Sony is a bent over man with skinny arms.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

alnilam posted:

I'm not kidding. All I see is a giant diagonal bar, a squished triangle sort of thing, and some nonsense angry words.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I'm not kidding. All I see is a giant diagonal bar, a squished triangle sort of thing, and some nonsense angry words.

(As Charlie Pierce has pointed out, if Unbroken is a hit it's going to be really super hyper :ironicat: because it's about a heroic American soldier who bravely endures horrible torture in a Japanese prison camp. Wonder if he got waterboarded.)

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shugojin posted:

If I squint I can just barely see the GoomBama ears, but yeah. To me the squished "man" looks like a dirt road with the bar/board being either a river or larger, straighter road in the distance.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Shugojin posted:

It's a play off poster for the new Angelina Jolie/Coen Bros flick Unbroken:

The man in the picture is forced to hold up the metal bar and presumably does not crumble under its weight. In Ramirez's version, the triangle is a man (Obama somehow) being crushed by a bar that he cannot hold up, crumbling under the torturous weight of cyberattacks, because as we all know, Obama was recently elected Head of Sony.

It's clear what he's getting at, but since Ramirez can't draw for poo poo, it's literally just two cross-hatched shapes.

E: f,b

Vargo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 19, 2014

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Ramirez makes a lot of "wow how do you gently caress up a metaphor so badly," but i don't think I've ever been so lost as to what the hell he's even on about :psyduck:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I miss a lot of movie ads by skipping commercials I guess. I had no idea about this movie or its poster that Ramirez is referencing.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

alnilam posted:

Ramirez makes a lot of "wow how do you gently caress up a metaphor so badly," but i don't think I've ever been so lost as to what the hell he's even on about :psyduck:

The thing is, this is actually the rare Ramirez that does NOT have a poo poo opinion. It was a dumb move for Sony to give in to the hackers, even if The Interview is a terrible movie.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sony is a trapezoid?

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Selachian posted:

(As Charlie Pierce has pointed out, if Unbroken is a hit it's going to be really super hyper :ironicat: because it's about a heroic American soldier who bravely endures horrible torture in a Japanese prison camp. Wonder if he got waterboarded.)

John McCain 2016!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I like the tiny water bottle; nice touch.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Some good David Popes from the Canberra Times this week

About this statement from some piece of poo poo libertarian

ABC news posted:

Australia is a "nation of victims" with citizens unable to properly protect themselves with weapons, pro-gun crossbench senator David Leyonhjelm has said.

The Liberal Democrat said he wanted a calm, measured discussion about the right to "practical self-defence" in the wake of the deadly Sydney siege. "What happened in that cafe would have been most unlikely to have occurred in Florida, Texas, or Vermont, or Alaska in America, or perhaps even Switzerland as well," Senator Leyonhjelm told the ABC's AM program.

"Statistically speaking" in those jurisdictions, "one or two of the victims" would have had a concealed gun, he said."That nutcase who held them all hostage wouldn't have known they were armed and bad guys don't like to be shot back at," Senator Leyonhjelm said.

He said the Lindt cafe hostages were helpless because they were not allowed to carry a lethal or non-lethal weapon.

About the deportation of people seeking asylum to, say, have their children attend school safely.

No uh, comment

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

"GEE WHIZ, SIS."
- Muir, Chris. Day by Day excerpt found in Classical Obamabethan Theatre, Vol. 4.

Shugojin posted:

I miss a lot of movie ads by skipping commercials I guess. I had no idea about this movie or its poster that Ramirez is referencing.

I went onto Youtube without adblock a while back and saw nothing but ads for the movie, which had clips of the beam scene in them. The ads were so ever-present I'm actually a little tired of the film now.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

The Liberal Democrat said he wanted a calm, measured discussion about the right to "practical self-defence" in the wake of the deadly Sydney siege. "What happened in that cafe would have been most unlikely to have occurred in Florida, Texas, or Vermont, or Alaska in America, or perhaps even Switzerland as well," Senator Leyonhjelm told the ABC's AM program.

Texas, known for its absence of shooting sprees.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KiteAuraan posted:

Did Costco do something that made them a bad company or something? Is that why they're in all the Cuban comics? Did they go off and become like all other big box retailers?
They pay their employees well, isn't that bad to conservatives? They're wasting income that could go to rich people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I legit don't understand the 'point' in these "OBAMA IS HELPING CASTRO" things.

Like, Russian and Venezuelan stuff are making GBS threads the bed and that means Cuba can't get oil easy, I get that, but how does this help Castro personally. Do these guys think that there'd be a second Cuban revolution or something, and even if they did do they think that the good thing there would be to say 'yea let them kill eachother for a while' or something?

There is no underlying reason. Rubio has pretty much done nothing but talk about Cuba for days, and I don't think he's once gone into specifics about what bad things will happen or why they will happen.

• Locked thread